Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions

Options
  • 17-03-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Firstly, Happy Paddys day!

I am looking for recommendations for a case in and around the €50 mark. The bigger and gaudier(flashy lights ect) the better. Also one with those grommets (or as i have seen them referred to on here "those anus looking things") for cable management. Side window too would be great.

Also wondering is it a no brainer to buy a copy of windows 7 from softwarestudents before good prices are gone? I may not be building for a month or two though.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

definitely worth buying windows 7 now, or at least before the end of the month.

tbh, cheap flashy cases are usually just that, cheap and flashy. for some reason manufacturers feel that adding tinted plastic and led fans gives them an excuse to not bother with proper ventilation or features like cable management.

how about a subtle looking case with a window, and adding a €5 CCFL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

how about this for something that could actually work and look good with a CCFL?

I think someone on here got this if that's your cup of tea *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I've seen people buying this one too :P
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=18537&agid=631
    Tea_Bag's first suggestion with the BitFenix is probably the best way to go.

On the topic of Windows 7, if you don't already have a licence I would highly recommend getting one. At €45 it's a great price but from the looks of Windows 8 it's going to be another fail that you will want to avoid :)

Advertisement