Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH Paddy's Day Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Sure it will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Watching the Paddy's day parade on the RTE Player - Derek Mooney's commentary is absolutely woeful. Uninteresting observations coupled with reading random facts off a sheet about whatever band happens to be passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Watching the Paddy's day parade on the RTE Player - Derek Mooney's commentary is absolutely woeful. Uninteresting observations coupled with reading random facts off a sheet about whatever band happens to be passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all in AH and on boards.ie I will be raising a glass tonight to the millions of people around the world with Irish blood, we truly are a great nation, a great people who have contributed so much, be proud to be from this little Island... I know I am.

Slainte.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I am dying today, hence why I'm not in the pub.

Happy Paddy's day to everyone tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

kfallon wrote: »
    I am dying today, hence why I'm not in the pub.

Happy Paddy's day to everyone tho :)
    Can I have your CD collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Can I have your CD collection?

I take it you're not a doctor of medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Went in to the parade today.

It's funny how the crowd can bring out the 'inner tosser' in some of the performers...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Went in to the parade today.

It's funny how the crowd can bring out the 'inner tosser' in some of the performers...

Some performers don't take too kindly to having bricks hurled at them, the party-poopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Merry Christmas everybody.. hic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was downtown for lunch earlier, all the Canadians are wearing mad Irish hats and green. By 3 o'clock there were queues outside some pubs.

Dunno if I will go out downtown later, I hate packed places. Had a great night at the graduate Paddy's Day party in the college bar last night though and feeling pretty delicate so wouldn't be too sad. :)

Green beer tasted like leprechaun piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Are Off- Licenses open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

First St Paddy's Day in a few years that I am indeed sober! Hope ye all having a good night...should be out though :( Was busy day though, town very busy. Usually a very boring day for once the shops are open on St Patrick's Day.

Enjoy the rest of the St Paddy's festivities! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Hope you all enjoyed Saint Patrick's day folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Absolutely brilliant day. Saw some great friends I haven't seen in a while, had a good few drinks and was front row in The Dubliners.

Life genuinely doesn't get better. Hope everyone had a great one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

When is Paddys day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I am, not just cos its our national day, I'm like this most nights....... so AH come on ur stories from 17 March.... the rides, the puking, the fights, all the details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Had a fantastic day! Just crawled into bed now. Hangover kicking in already. Expece to be hating life when I wake up in 3 hours (up at 8am all week and no matter what time I sleep at weekends I can't lie in!).

Worth it though :D. Hope you all had a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

themostinterestingmaninp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I wonder where there the usual mini riots and anti social behaviour. It would be nice to think it all passed off peacefully, but **scumbags**, they are always present to fukc it up for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

44leto wrote: »
    I wonder where there the usual mini riots and anti social behaviour. It would be nice to think it all passed off peacefully, but **scumbags**, they are always present to fukc it up for everyone else.

I suspect most of it resides where it always did - in the minds of Evening Herald writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm in a very very bad way, I genuinely think I've been killed :cool:

Headed to a pub at midday, I got in at 4 in the morning. It was a great day out but I'm definitely feeling the consequences now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Paddys day = Excuse for people to go out binge drinking from 1pm all day. I spent mine, hungover from Friday night. Watched crappy tv, and the Inbetweeners with mates and had a couple of quiet beers. I dislike the crowds, and super drunk people and queues. Heading out this afternoon for a few drinks instead - lovely beer garden weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Fresh as a daisy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nodin wrote: »
    I suspect most of it resides where it always did - in the minds of Evening Herald writers.

I don't think so, you do see it at least i did last year, Gardai running everywhere the sirens wailing up and down O Connell street, it was the same on the night Dublin won the all ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

I am dyiinnnn... I cant open my eyes without a shock of pain comin through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Fresh as a daisy :D
    Me too! A fresh, still slightly drunk daisy. Big fade of mash and roast pork washed down with tay you could trot a mouse across now, then workout, conference call with some Americans later, and round off the day playing tag with the puppy on the beach using bits of seaweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Please make it stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nodin wrote: »

I like you because you usually have your feet well planted and in touch with reality.

And I'm not usually one to knock Paddy's day revelry, but last night was one of the worse I've spent on a door anywhere.. Templebar was pure mayhem, at one stage I'd to apologize to a guard for having called them to the door time after time.

Last night was mayhem start to finish.

A little advice for people, if you're around trouble and security are involved - unless it directly concerns you LEAVE THEM TO THEIR JOB!.. Twice I was punched last night because people interfered in something which didn't concern them.

This is a great post from Tommy;
    Absolutely brilliant day. Saw some great friends I haven't seen in a while, had a good few drinks and was front row in The Dubliners.

Life genuinely doesn't get better. Hope everyone had a great one!

Brilliant, made me smile.. But there is a sizable majority of the Paddys day crowd just out to disgrace themselves and f*ck up what should be a brilliant day of celebration for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Meetin some babe of a thing last night! But silly me, i nvr got her number! FML

Creepin on fb here i come!!

Advertisement