Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH Paddy's Day Megathread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Didnt make it out last night as my city centre is like a warzone on Patricks night!
    I shall make up for it today thou with a super sunday,havent been on one in ages.......plenty of sport on the telly as well!Noice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I was out in town all afternoon/evening/night. Got hammered, but didn't see any trouble around, for a change..... Maybe my confussed state wouldn't let me notice it... :confused: Yeah, TB was mad, but had a good time. Banter with randomers and what not.

Ate my weight on junk food so no sore head now at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

LimGal wrote: »
    Didnt make it out last night as my city centre is like a warzone on Patricks night!
    I shall make up for it today thou with a super sunday,havent been on one in ages.......plenty of sport on the telly as well!Noice:)

I second that motion!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I second that motion!

Motion passed!To the pub my good man and dont spare the horses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'll be heading to the pub soon enough too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

See what happened Muamba last night..? Was in the pub enjoying myself when he had his heart attack... Was absolutly gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I like you because you usually have your feet well planted and in touch with reality.

And I'm not usually one to knock Paddy's day revelry, but last night was one of the worse I've spent on a door anywhere.. Templebar was pure mayhem, at one stage I'd to apologize to a guard for having called them to the door time after time.

Last night was mayhem start to finish.

A little advice for people, if you're around trouble and security are involved - unless it directly concerns you LEAVE THEM TO THEIR JOB!.. Twice I was punched last night because people interfered in something which didn't concern them.

This is a great post from Tommy;

Brilliant, made me smile.. But there is a sizable majority of the Paddys day crowd just out to disgrace themselves and f*ck up what should be a brilliant day of celebration for others.

Its so true, but I wouldn't call it a sizeable majority but a sizeable scumbag minority. 99% of us want to have a few drinks a laugh and absolutely be no hassle to anyone else or get hassle from anyone else. But the scumbags have a different idea of what a night out should be.

Hope you didn't get to hurt for just doing your job which really is protecting the normal patrons from the element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

44leto wrote: »
    Hope you didn't get to hurt for just doing your job which really is protecting the normal patrons from the element.

Thanks but I'm grand, I let people hit me most nights of the week for fun :)

I wouldn't say everyone causing trouble and/or disgracing themselves are scum.

But some people let the occasion get to their heads, go overboard with the celebrations and do stupid foolish crap which on every other night of the week would be totally out of character for them.

The scum are who you try to stop at the door before the good people inside get to experience ;)

Its always very rewarding for doorstaff to hear people say they've had a great night "and sure there's never any trouble in here" - when I hear that I've done my job and putting to the back of my mind the row's earlier, or the lips I've taken from some sh*thead at the door who then moved on somewhere else.

I was riding the bike home last night, chilling on the M50 and thinking back over the evening - it was the perfect storm, Paddys day on a Saturday night :)

Advertisement