Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn ham

Options
  • 17-03-2012 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right place to post it.

We buy 3 packets of this every week. Yesterday I had once slice left in an old pack so used that and opened the newer pack also. The newer pack was much different...lighter in color, kinda of soggy rather than firm,and smelled very strong...almost like dog food.

It happened in the past with one pack but I just threw them out, 3 packs though...that's €6! I know it's not a problem with our fridge as the new pack was opened within half an hour of getting home and other things were fine.

Anyone else experience this?

I was considering bringing them back to Dunnes but I'm not sure if they'll see the problem because there was only about 8/9 packs in the fridge and I bought 3 of them..so chances are they all smell/look the same

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd just take it back anyway and say they are gone off. You buy it all the time, know what it should be like etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

There are several varieties of that stuff including a "smoky" ham. Could it be you bought that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I've never had this problem with them, they're definitely the same flavours you're buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I've never had this problem with them, they're definitely the same flavours you're buying?

Yep 100% positive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

dee. wrote: »
    Yep 100% positive

I'd probably chance bringing it back to dunnes so. I've often seen stuff in nourish with bits of mould on them even though they are in date, they've probably just been sitting in the shop so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I hope this is the right place to post it.

We buy 3 packets of this every week. Yesterday I had once slice left in an old pack so used that and opened the newer pack also. The newer pack was much different...lighter in color, kinda of soggy rather than firm,and smelled very strong...almost like dog food.

It happened in the past with one pack but I just threw them out, 3 packs though...that's €6! I know it's not a problem with our fridge as the new pack was opened within half an hour of getting home and other things were fine.

Anyone else experience this?

I was considering bringing them back to Dunnes but I'm not sure if they'll see the problem because there was only about 8/9 packs in the fridge and I bought 3 of them..so chances are they all smell/look the same

Which section is this in? I don't think i've ever seen it in my local dunnes, will look out next time as I usually stock up in Tesco in enniskillen, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

flutegirl wrote: »
    Which section is this in? I don't think i've ever seen it in my local dunnes, will look out next time as I usually stock up in Tesco in enniskillen, thanks :)

In my local dunnes it's in the aisle next to the cheese in a fridge beside spring rolls, dees ready meals/burgers/etc. they have it in my local tesco too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

In my local dunnes it's in the aisle next to the cheese in a fridge beside spring rolls, dees ready meals/burgers/etc. they have it in my local tesco too

Thanks a mill, will have a look tomorrow. :)

Advertisement