Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ati or nvidia

Options
  • 17-03-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

which graphics card is better?
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or ati radeon hd 4250?
    for games mostly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

both are generations old, one moreso than the other. I hope you are getting these on the cheap. The 260 will be better but again is still the older card. It won't support directx11 or anything. or any other improvements that have happened in the last 4 years. Not that the 4250 would fair any better. If the price is right I would do the 260 but it should be significantly cheaper than a current gen equivalent like the 560. Otherwise I would scrap the idea and just invest in a newer card.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The 260 is a hell of a lot better than the 4250. There is no comparison between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Daab

i know that they are quite bad but atm im saving up for something else... both is free so im not wasting any money on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Daab wrote: »
    i know that they are quite bad but atm im saving up for something else... both is free so im not wasting any money on it.

If it's free then you should definitely snatch them up. Take the 260, it's not as good as the higher end current gen cards but it's a decent performer. The 4250 isn't worth a crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Just to give you an idea... ;)

5QIsp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hey! the 260 is still a good card ;),I still mine slugging away in my machine :-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If it's free then you should definitely snatch them up. Take the 260, it's not as good as the higher end current gen cards but it's a decent performer. The 4250 isn't worth a crap.

I didn't even think you could get a dedicated 4250, I thought it was the name of the integrated chip on the 880G motherboards.

Edit: Yep, the lowest numbered dedicated card they released was the 4350. The 4250 is an IGP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Daab

deconduo wrote: »
    I didn't even think you could get a dedicated 4250, I thought it was the name of the integrated chip on the 880G motherboards.

Edit: Yep, the lowest numbered dedicated card they released was the 4350. The 4250 is an IGP.

Yea, you're right. The 4250 is integrated. That's the one i currently have...
    and what about HP - ATI RADEON HD5450 1GB (EVORA CEDAR) ?
    Is that better than the geforce 260?

deconduo wrote: »

Yea, you're right. The 4250 is integrated. That's the one i currently have...
    and what about HP - ATI RADEON HD5450 1GB (EVORA CEDAR) ?
    Is that better than the geforce 260?

No the 260 is better.

Advertisement