Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4s Sound Problem

• 17-03-2012 10:30am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With my earphones plugged in (apple standard ones) the sound keeps coming out of the iPhone speaker and not the earphones.

I had this problem last week and a reboot sorted it but that doesn't appear to be working now.

Any one have this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you tested with other headphones? Is there any dust/dirt in the headphone jack? Is the phone jailbroken?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Phone isn't jail broken. Haven't tested with other earphones but will when I get home. The current earphones work in other devices. Doesn't appear to be any dust in the jack socket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

I have the exact same issue in reverse.

It is a known issue you need to contact apple and get in motion a repair or replacement.

I did it last night, so am waiting for the box to come with the courier and send it to them.

Might take about a week although, as when I did it for a 3GS it took a few days only.

But your issue is hardware not software

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Salvation wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue in reverse.

It is a known issue you need to contact apple and get in motion a repair or replacement.

I did it last night, so am waiting for the box to come with the courier and send it to them.

Might take about a week although, as when I did it for a 3GS it took a few days only.

But your issue is hardware not software

Do you have any links to the known issues?

One of many

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3455362?start=0&tstart=0

Just do a search in google for iphone 4s sound issues

Going to Belfast tomorrow afternoon to the apple store to get a replacement

• Advertisement

What are the story with replacements? Are the brand new? Locked? Refurbs?

Not sure in there for 1430 today will let you know but I would advise that you get it replaced.

Okay I went up there totally seemless, got the phone replaced, warranty extended for an extra 90 days and all took 15 mins.

I would think it is well worth a trip there if you can get up.

You just need to book an appointment with the genius bar, can do it via the apple store app or online

https://concierge.apple.com/WebObjects/Concierge.woa/17/wo/YZyudTbTF4rpRd0g1kGr3M/0.

And yes you get a brand new phone not a refurb, sim free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi guys iv got this issue on my 4s now. No sound through its speakers and no sound on music, YouTube, clicks and locks sounds. Tried resetting but haven't restored as I'll lose the 5.0.1 JB. Can anyone tell me is it definitely a hardware issue and will 5.1 iOS fix it?
    If its hardware then would ye recommend going to Belfast for a swap, or do it by courier and on the phone? And is it true that the replacement in Belfast is a sim free? I'f so then I'd probably go with that option. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Just to clarify that apple Belfast do not replace phones with a sim free version. They transfer your Imei and serial number to the replacement phone and if your old phone was locked then new one will be.

I had no sound and turns out it was 'liquid damage' on the pins even though i had it only 3 weeks and never got wet. I had to pay £139 there and then for a replacement

• Advertisement
Advertisement