Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ys: Oath in Felghana on Steam

Options
  • 17-03-2012 10:50am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭

XSeed games will be bringing Ys: Oath in Felghana out on steam on March the 19th. If you haven;t heard anything about this game well it's widely regarded as the greatest action RPGs ever made and has an absolutely cracking soundtrack.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/13/xseed-brings-ys-the-oath-in-felghana-and-ys-origin-to-steam/

YsO_04_thumb.jpg

XSeed will be bringing more Nihon Falcom games to Steam which can only be a good thing. Also it looks like that they will be bringing the Legend of Heroes Trilogy to Steam instead of the PSP as originally intended. The first game, Trails in the Sky was a brilliant and garnered rave reviews on the PSP so it's great that the rest of the trilogy will be seeing a western release.

The game will be priced at 14.99 dollars and for a change the Euro price will actually not be a complete rip off at 11.99.

I'm pretty excited about this and will probably buy this despite owning it already on the PSP just to support XSeed bringing more excellent japanese PC games to the West

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think you are going to have to face the problem you have
    you're addicted to JRPG's, but don't worry we are all here for you
    we would like you to give us all your consoles and the password to your Steam account
    it's the only way and for your own good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ys Oath in Felghana is way more action orientated with a sprinkling of RPG elements. It places like an extremely fast paced zelda rather than being turn based.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I agree with Skerries, this is an intervention

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not a JRPG in the traditional sense.

Oath... is a fantastic game. Best of the series I've played. Engrossing stuff, and brilliantly challenging.

Plus two awesome soundtracks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ys Oath in Felghana is way more action orientated with a sprinkling of RPG elements. It places like an extremely fast paced zelda rather than being turn based.

you're only deluding yourself and try to rationalise it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Western RPGs tend to be every bit as generic as JRPGs. The worlds of Skyrim or Dragon Age are dull as dishwasher.

Oath in Felghana > Skyrim. Combat system is just fantastic in Ys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Action RPG?

Does it play a bit like Secret of Mana so?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

God damn XSeed,I have been waiting for the Legend of Heroes series on the PSN for 5 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Western RPGs tend to be every bit as generic as JRPGs. The worlds of Skyrim or Dragon Age are dull as dishwasher.

Oath in Felghana > Skyrim. Combat system is just fantastic in Ys.

Don't Start.

Very excited for this and especially Origin since the fantranslation messes up some textures. Hopefully it'll pave the way for more to come.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Action RPG?

Does it play a bit like Secret of Mana so?

Yes, but at and hugely increased speed. The game is insanely fast.

Also there's nothing wrong with JRPGs, they're just as good as the best WRPGs but I find there's a lot more excellent JRPGs than western ones. It's a bit ignorant to completely dismiss a genre. I'd take Ys Oath in Felghana over the elder scrolls and Mass Effect any day of the week.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Just picked it up. Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement