Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda parking St. Patrick's Day-is it free

Options
  • 17-03-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

Do any of you knowledgeable Drogheda people know if you have to pay for parking today, or are public holidays the same as Sunday? I'm talking about the borough council spaces and car parks?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

A bit late I know but FYI you had to pay for them. As my Mrs pointed out when I asked her, Saturday was not a bank holiday. Monday is.

(I don't know if they are free on bank hols either though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Remember that the borough council carparks on the Donore Rd (near the bus station) and on Trinity St (near Carr's Garage) are now free all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Scotty # wrote: »
    ... As my Mrs pointed out when I asked her, Saturday was not a bank holiday. Monday is...

'fraid you & your Mrs are wrong. Firstly, there's not really any such thing as a 'Bank Holiday', even though that's what we all call them. They're 'Public Holidays', really. Secondly, Saturday was a Public Holiday, Monday isn't. However, people who wouldn't have been working on Saturday are also entitled to a day off. Many employers will close tomorrow and give their employees tomorrow off instead. That's why many people think that Monday's a 'Bank Holiday'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Ok, so did normal parking rates apply on the Monday or did PUBLIC holiday rates apply? Are there even Public Holiday rates?

Advertisement