Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheques!!!!

Options
  • 17-03-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi
    ive 3 weeks of wages in cheques, im just wondering where can i lodge them?!! i have an ulster bank but since its paddys day they're closed!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You'll have to wait until the banks are open, unless you know anyone who'd be willing to cash them for you personally. I knew someone who worked in a shop and they'd cash my cheque for me if I needed, but that's because they trusted me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It'll be Tuesday before you can lodge them to your account as Monday is a bank holiday. Btw, the banks aren't closed today because it's Paddy's Day, they're never open on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Zaph wrote: »
    It'll be Tuesday before you can lodge them to your account as Monday is a bank holiday. Btw, the banks aren't closed today because it's Paddy's Day, they're never open on Saturday.

hi thanks for ur reply. Ulster bank are opened saturdays from 10-1 but not today cos its paddys day!! and theres no ulster bank nearby my workplace.. thanks again for ur reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

You'll have to wait until the banks are open, unless you know anyone who'd be willing to cash them for you personally. I knew someone who worked in a shop and they'd cash my cheque for me if I needed, but that's because they trusted me.
    thank you but i dont think a shop is going to cash my cheques.. i tried last week since i was only 5mins late for ulster bank..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

How long can you leave a cheque without lodging it before it goes out of date? thanks

• Advertisement

How long can you leave a cheque without lodging it before it goes out of date? thanks
    I think there is a 6 month time limit on them. Don't have a source for it but its something I remember from my banking days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I think there is a 6 month time limit on them. Don't have a source for it but its something I remember from my banking days.
    Of course you don't have a source for it: it's an unwritten rule, but generally followed.

The written rule (I'm too lazy to check sources, and it's only a conversational point anyway) is that it should not have been "an unreasonably long time in circulation".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Six months from date of issue.

Advertisement