Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitachi 2TB Touro Desk Pro USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive €106.73 delivered @ Dabs

• 17-03-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Thanks to versy @ HotUKDeals.

This version is different to ebuyer's NON PRO!! Very good deal if you don't mind paying a bit extra to get the pro version. This drive has extra features compared to the non-pro version such as cloud storage (up to 3GB) and faster spindle speed (7200 RPM). This drive also provides remote access. Well worth the extra £7 in my opinion.

Comparison can be found here: http://www.touropro.com/compare-touropro/

For those who want to crack this HDD open the drive found inside is an 'HITACHI Deskstar 7K300'

Free delivery and more than 200 in stock at time of posting.

Same drive is £146 at amazon.

Includes
    • Touro Desktop Pro external hard drive
    • Preloaded local and cloud backup software
    • USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
    • Quick Start Guide
    • 2-year limited warranty

Features and Benefits
    • Stackable desktop design looks great in a style-conscious workspace
    • Two levels of data protection, with preloaded local and cloud backup software, help keep your content safe
    • Cloud backup enables anywhere, anytime remote access
    • Upgrade to a paid account and receive 250 GB of cloud storage along with iPhone and iPad mobile digital device apps
    • USB 3.0 interface delivers fast transfer speeds
    • 3.5 inch External Hard Disk Drive

31%2BMrC-Hq7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Buy from Dabs.ie, pay exactly €106.73 (in Euros), free delivery, possibility of 2% cashback via Quidco (in Sterling).

Elara have it for €153 excluding delivery and no cashback. :eek:

>>Linkage<<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Thanks for this Got one. The Hitachi HDD alone is worth much more than the price of this in todays climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

can this be connected to a network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

how big is it ????
    Im guessing it the size of a boot if its called 'desk top'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

can this be connected to a network

USB so you would need a USB to network adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Notch000 wrote: »
    how big is it ????
    Im guessing it the size of a boot if its called 'desk top'

An ankle boot in size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

For those who want to crack this HDD open the drive found inside is an 'HITACHI Deskstar 7K300'

Thanks,...just ordered one for use in my new i7 build. :cool:
    The HDD is most probably the HITACHI Deskstar 7K200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cheers for the heads-up Kotek Besar! :)

Ordered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

is it USB powered or does it have a seperate AC adapter?

stagolee wrote: »

I would imagine it is mains powered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

stagolee wrote: »

It comes with an AC adapter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Great deal but they won't accept my Laser card and PayPal isn't an option on their site. PayPal is an option on their eBay outlet store but they don't ship to Ireland (or Northern Ireland). :rolleyes:

Cossax wrote: »
    Great deal but they won't accept my Laser card and PayPal isn't an option on their site. PayPal is an option on their eBay outlet store but they don't ship to Ireland (or Northern Ireland). :rolleyes:

Did you buy from Dabs.ie?

I bought it using Paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

moonboy52 wrote: »

Ohh, never noticed the Paypal option with dabs.ie before.. just bought a WD TV Live as a result. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Amalgam wrote: »
    Ohh, never noticed the Paypal option with dabs.ie before.. just bought a WD TV Live as a result. Cheers.

it has paypal option, just paid for it through paypal. nice one. cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Did you buy from Dabs.ie?

I'll have another look, must be totally missing it.

EDIT: Duh, it's an option at payment/checkout rather than adding it like a credit-card, ignore me!

Mine arrived today.

The peeps at Dabs never put my city or the country on the label :confused:, so it went around the country for sport for a few days. Lucky it had a tracking number.

At idle it runs at 42c compared to my WD 5400rpm drive at 39c.

My laptop picks up the drive fine, but my almost 5 year old 680i mobo does not "see" it.

I have e-mailed Evga about it. There may not be USB 3.0 drivers available for such an old board or maybe there is a size limation with the chipset.

No biggie though as i hope to get an Ivybridge machine soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Got mine by post yesterday,and it is a little bit chunky, which compared to other type of 3.5. And also the case does not impress me at all, well . Not looking as good as on the web. It looks cheap plastics toy to me, apart from those . It is a good piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stephenjudge

I was seriously considering buying this but I am a Linux user and after having a quick read of a few reviews I have found it doesn't work well with Linux at all. It is not recognised with popular distro's out of the box and many people reported not being able to mount it without some hackery. I don't want that sort of hassle from an external drive. Shame it was a nice price. I'm sure something else will come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I believe I saw a 2tb drive in maplin in Cork for about 130 euro, so I think prices are finally starting come back to sane levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

as for today... no longer available... missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Maplin currently have the Seagate GoFlex 2TB for €119.99...! 2 year warranty too. Just bought one...! I couldnt even find an internal SATA delivered for that money...! :)

Rats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is it USB 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

BostonB wrote: »
    Is it USB 3?

It is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ratsam wrote: »
    Maplin currently have the Seagate GoFlex 2TB for €119.99...! 2 year warranty too. Just bought one...! I couldnt even find an internal SATA delivered for that money...! :)

Rats

Amazon UK have it for about that price, so it really is a great deal for an instore price! I need a new HDD after two of mine died after years of solid use so you may have helped me find what i'm after :D

Harvey Norman..

Hitachi 2TB Touro Desk only e119.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Which Harvey Norman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

erie wrote: »
    Harvey Norman..

That's a 1 TB drive 5400rpm "Hi-Speed USB" ie. likely the Touro desk USB 2.0 version:

http://www.harveynorman.ie/hitachi-0s03291.html

styron wrote: »
    erie wrote: »
    Harvey Norman..

That's a 1 TB drive 5400rpm "Hi-Speed USB" ie. likely the Touro desk USB 2.0 version:

http://www.harveynorman.ie/hitachi-0s03291.html

Sorry wrong info...

• Advertisement
Advertisement