Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples Park Bray

• 17-03-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Is it true to council are going to dig up a big chunk of the peoples park to make a compound/something to do with flood plains or something?
    They've been down there a lot, taking measurements and photos.
    Just curious if anyone knows anything more about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 playmasterone

i might be in the wrong area but i really need help the flood plans are making me homeless and i dont know what to do i live in ravenswell road and the builder wants the keys to the house on tuesday so i will be homeless any advice

i might be in the wrong area but i really need help the flood plans are making me homeless and i dont know what to do i live in ravenswell road and the builder wants the keys to the house on tuesday so i will be homeless any advice

Eh what?

Why do they need keys to your house?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

i dont know the landlord told me the councle own the house and the builder wants the keys to start work on the flood plans

i dont know the landlord told me the councle own the house and the builder wants the keys to start work on the flood plans

Looks like you need detailed legal advice which is not really something that can be provided here.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Cool, had a look and it only seems to suggest that they're going to take in the wall and not effect the park, but they've marked off a chunk of the park with red paint (and the end near Murphys) and have put up a little prefab. My gut is telling me they're going to dig up that end of the park as well but hopefully I'm wrong. That park is lovely, hate to see it ruined by works. Guess we'll have to see

Playmasterone I strongely suggest you get legal help asap. I've a friend who is living on that road and she said the 3 first houses there are being knocked down for flood plain works. You should not give your keys out to anyone if you're paying rent for private accomidation.

hi well the rent section has not payed my rent yet they will at the end of march which the landlord agreed to by word he would wait for it at the start of the lease but now wants me out caues of non payment of the rent that is his reason but behind all that the councle wants me out on tuesday and now i dont know what to do

hi well the rent section has not payed my rent yet they will at the end of march which the landlord agreed to by word he would wait for it at the start of the lease but now wants me out caues of non payment of the rent that is his reason but behind all that the councle wants me out on tuesday and now i dont know what to do

There really isn't much we can do except advise you to see a solicitor.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

There really isn't much we can do except advise you to see a solicitor.
    the park was given to the people of bray ....i presume it will be returned as is when his project is completed??

Maudi wrote: »
    the park was given to the people of bray ....i presume it will be returned as is when his project is completed??

I hope so, it's an eye sore with the ground torn up and the machinery. The flood plain plans make no mention of coming in all the way across the park like that.
    I was talking to someone who lives off the park and they said they were warned it'd be like that for 2 years

• Advertisement

My understanding is that the flood protection works do mean that part of the park will be taken for these works and no they won't be "given back"

Terry Pratchet

My understanding is that the flood protection works do mean that part of the park will be taken for these works and no they won't be "given back"
    more corruption

more corruption

Absolute rubbish - It is a much needed protection against the flooding of peoples homes

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

more corruption

:rolleyes:
    Necessary to stop the residents of the Dargle Road and surrounding areas being flooded out.

Blay wrote: »
    more corruption

:rolleyes:
    Necessary to stop the residents of the Dargle Road and surrounding areas being flooded out.
    mind my words...itl end up like the greystones harbour scenario.

Completely different scenario - Nama not involved; no commercial part of development so frankly - I won't mind your words because they are not relevant

Terry Pratchet

Completely different scenario - Nama not involved; no commercial part of development so frankly - I won't mind your words because they are not relevant
    good man youself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

good man youself.

Please explain how flood protection works carried out by the council are signs of corruption and will end up like Greystones harbour?

Go on, I'm fascinated.

murpho999 wrote: »
    good man youself.

Please explain how flood protection works carried out by the council are signs of corruption and will end up like Greystones harbour?

Go on, I'm fascinated.
    you havin a laff?the top of richmond hill there wher james everett park is..council job...private contractor..bomb site for the last years....and you say it dosent happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

you havin a laff?the top of richmond hill there wher james everett park is..council job...private contractor..bomb site for the last years....and you say it dosent happen?

Still nothing to do with People's Park.

• Advertisement

Just if anyone's interested I got 2 notes through my door about the flood plan works.

1st outlined what they're doing.
    In short- from the 30th April work begins for approx 6 months.
    Lower Dargle and Ravenswell road will be closed and alternative routes sign posted (ravenswell will have residents access).
    Seapoint road will close from 1st May to 15th May (local access and Royal Car Park access only).

2nd one was about an information evening in the Royal on the 10th 4-9. Thinking of going along and just asking about the impact it will have on the park. I don't want to see it get damaged and the fact that they're closing the lower dargle has me a little worried. After all, it gets so much use during the summer.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

It is badly needed and hopefully it'll stop the wino's and druggies hanging around the place causing a nuisance.

Advertisement