Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony vs iphone

Options
  • 17-03-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I have an iPhone 4 but the screen is in bits and I can't make calls with it I was wondering should I buy the Xperia s or wait for the iphone 5 or should I wait for the Samsung s3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you sick of the iphone?
    Do you want a change, or would you not get the screen replaced? Will cost a considerable amount less than a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

pmct wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 4 but the screen is in bits and I can't make calls with it I was wondering should I buy the Xperia s or wait for the iphone 5 or should I wait for the Samsung s3

You will, most likely, be waiting a few months for either release. If you can't make calls, surely you need a quick solution.

As Davy said, getting the screen fixed might be the best option.

Otherwise, the Xperia S is a good phone. The Galaxy Nexus is probably the top of the range phone at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

I like the iPhone but the screen broke and I replaced it and the new screen cost €140 and I think it was faulty I cracked it again in my pocket and it has been gettin worse since also the problem with the calls and I think it will cost as much as a new one. I am using an old phone at the moment and swooping the sim

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

You could get it fixed, for about 180 or 190 including the screen and the antenna. Or you could sell it for recycling broken for around €200. Don't get the Xperia S, wait at least until the summer for the Samsung Galaxy S III or if you're really patient wait until september-ish for the iPhone 5

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

It's money and patience really. If you're happy paying top of the range prices then you should wait for the S3

If you want a phone now then go get the Xperia S. I got one recently and love it. I was waiting it out for the One X or S3 but when I really thought about it I couldn't see the point in spending an extra €200 or more for a better processor when a 1.5ghz dual core is perfect for now and the next year.

Get a go of the Xperia S. I've a few friends who own a 4s and they love the Xperia but think it would be too big for them. I jumped from a much smaller phone myself and it took a bit of getting used to. I couldnt see myself going for a phone with a smaller screen now.

No one has any real idea when the iphone 5 is out so it's not really an option to say just wait.If it matches the 4s it won't be out till October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

Thanks for the replys. I am leaning towards waiting for a while I am reading a few so-so reviews for the Sony Xperia

Advertisement