Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] GW29 Match Day Thread

• 17-03-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Just Fulhman -v- Swansea and Wigan -v- West Brom today. No need for a big fancy OP.

I'm heavily invested in Fulham myself, with 3 of their players in different positions.

Annoyingly, Vorm is my only available keeper, so I'm kind of looking for him to make 20 saves, but still concede 3. :rolleyes:

--
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Senderos, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Ruiz, Dembele, Diarra, Dempsey, Johnson, Pogrebnyak

Swansea: Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Monk, Taylor, Allen, Britton, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Graham, Sinclair

--
    Wigan: Al Habsi, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Beausejour, Moses, Di Santo, Maloney

West Brom: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Ridgewell, Shorey, Thomas,Morrison, Mulumbu, Scharner, Brunt, Long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I have 3 playing today: S.Kelly, Dempsey and Moses. Graham is my first sub also, and Kelly is a doubt according to FFS .

Team:
    Krul
    Simpson, Evans, Skrtel, Kelly
    Young, Bale, Dempsey, Moses
    Rooney (C), RVP

Vorm, Graham, Sessegnon, A.Cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wigan v West Brom: Al Habsi, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, McCarthy,
    McArthur, Beausejour, Moses, Di Santo, Maloney” 

West Brom: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Ridgewell, Shorey, Thomas,Morrison, Mulumbu, Scharner, Brunt, Long” 

Fulham team v #Swansea: Schwarzer, Kelly, Senderos, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Ruiz, Dembele, Diarra, Dempsey, Johnson, Pogrebnyak” 

#Swansea team v #Fulham: Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Monk, Taylor, Allen, Britton, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Graham, Sinclair #SCFC #Swans” 

Now off to the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No Williams for Swansea. Savage. Come on the Pog

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Vorm and Taylor left on the bench with Dempsey and Pog playing, Fulham massacre please!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ugh, I want Fulham to score( For Pogs feet only) but have Caulker in defence...hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ugh, I want Fulham to score( For Pogs feet only) but have Caulker in defence...hmmm

I've Vorm, so I'm similar. The way I see it, if Fulham are going to score, they better score plenty via Pog and Dempsey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Thing quiet again this week. I don't see much scores in the Fulham game which is annoying because I've Demps and Siggy playing. On a good note though, Murphy isn't playing which means Dempsey is on penos and some direct frees.

This half has been much more representative of Fulham's usual self. They just don't score many.

Also... just conceded. Sigurdson (on my bench :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sig scores.

Have him as my first sub, hopefully someone doesn't play...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ah bollix, I benched the wrong player out of Mclean and siggy :o Hopefully Vorm keeps a cs to compensate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

**** it. Sigurdsson third sub. No hope of him getting on. Senderos in my team. Genuinely though Swansea wouldn't do anything in this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sig gets another.

Leave Siggy on the bench I said, it'll be grand I said...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Sigurdsson lording it. He might be the difference in our tie manual man.

He's my first sub. Not expecting to benefit from his points. Unless Rooney's injury is actually a serious injury? I'd take that.

(I know it's not; wishful thinking)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

siggy first sub

3 Fulham players; Senderos, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak: 5 points at the moment.
    3 Swansea players; Vorm, Taylor, Sig: 26 points so far.

I went for the Fulham lads. Gonna be one of those weeks...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right reeeealllly need Rooney to be out tomorrow. Looking like 16 for Siggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

3 Fulham players; Kelly, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak: 5 points at the moment.
    2 Swansea players; :Caulker and Allen 15 points so far.

EDIT; Whats the story with Simpson of Newcastle, is he out for tomorrows match? Caulker is my first sub!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Sinclair and Vorm doing the business at the moment. Oh Come On Get In. Only downside is Kelly so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

unkymo wrote: »
    3 Fulham players; Kelly, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak: 5 points at the moment.
    2 Swansea players; :Caulker and Allen 15 points so far.

Look up the page. You're not alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So many with Siggy as first sub now and hoping for a non appearance from a mid or forward

Best case scenario right now is an injured/rested Rooney. I know tons have Dempsey as their VC, while I have RVP. I'll take result any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ah FFS ! Fcuk you Fulham :mad: ! I should have never doubt Swansea... so many points on the bench (so many times)... sickening :mad:.

carlcon wrote: »
    Best case scenario right now is an injured/rested Rooney. I know tons have Dempsey as their VC, while I have RVP. I'll take result any day.
    Id take that too carlcon. Sick ive him benched. Cant see McClean topping that. The only good thing is ive already benefited from big pts from him and his price will soar now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Look up the page. You're not alone.

I know! 16 points on the bench, :mad:

I'm gutted. I should never have doubted Siggy.

Gonna have to put him in my team for the rest of the season I think. I've missed out on a good few points with him now over the past few games.

5 goals and 3 assists in 9 games. He's a beast of a player.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Id take that too carlcon. Sick ive him benched. Cant see McClean topping that. The only good thing is ive already benefited from big pts from him and his price will soar now

This is true. Sig has been very kind to me, but it's going to sting hard if I don't get his points this week up the top of the Boards league. Been very average lately, I need a cheap player like him (only owned by 2%!) to come good for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What are the chances of Valencia not playing tomorrow?
    I'm hoping high because if he doesn't, Sig comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Siggy as first sub,hoping Cleverly doesn't play tommorow,left Caulker as 3rd sub again:o He's got 15 points in 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

With the fa cup games to come there is some chance of injury/suspension /rotation also to get Siggy off the bench

KevIRL wrote: »
    With the fa cup games to come there is some chance of injury/suspension /rotation also to get Siggy off the bench

I need Lescott not to play and then Ireland to not play and McClean as well. Chances are very, very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Mixed feelings after today. Like lots of people had both Swansea and Fulham players. Vorm in goal did the job again (I've been operating off one keeper since mid December pretty much due to injuries). Have Senderos in defense and Caulker on the bench :rolleyes:

Also have Sinclair who might pick up one bonus point maybe. I really need to get Sigurdsson in for Sinclair though. Save money and more returns

Just spotted that Sinclair is down for two assists...I only remember seeing one for the first goal that Sig scored??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

oh dear
    1st sub sig
    2nd sub caulker

Myself & Manual Man's prediction the Sigurdsson would be a FF star appear to be coming true big time.I can see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon with him.

zerks wrote: »
    Myself & Manual Man's prediction the Sigurdsson would be a FF star appear to be coming true big time.I can see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon with him.
    In fairness hes showed great potential with Reading and Hoffenheim before his injury. But Swansea are turning him into a star with there set up.
    No way I predicted hed get another two goal combo against a resilient enough Fulham. Not dropping him for McClean again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Vorm is the only player to have featured for me so far. Guy I'm chasing in my main league has MacCauley, Dempsey and Pogrebnyak played for only 6 points. Caulker first sub again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Was out and about today and was delighted when I saw that Sig had got two, especially as most of my rivals don't have him. Now if captain RVP can bag me a goal tomorrow I'll be well on the way to a half decent score.

• Advertisement

With Everton/Sunderland drawing earlier and Spurs/Bolton currently a draw in the FA Cup, rematches may mess up the EPL schedule. Worth keeping an eye on.

Scratch that. It seems the Spurs/Bolton game has been cancelled as a result of Muamba dropping to the ground with a suspected (nothing confirmed) heart attack and is "fighting for his life". Screw football, hope he's ok.

*edit* Match officially abandoned. No further news on Muamba.

What happened to Muamba puts our trivial problems in FF into perspective.

zerks wrote: »
    What happened to Muamba puts our trivial problems in FF into perspective.

Looks like a heart attack or sudden death syndrome. Not looking too good for him by the sounds of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Good start, Sigurdsson, 13 points from 1 player.

Heading for 143 points at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I think most people with decent squads will have the swansea players on te bench today, I mean I have

Young
    Dempsey
    Silva
    Sidgoursson
    bale

as my midfielders

Rooney
    Vpersie
    Pogreknak

as my strikers

Asson ekotto
    Evans
    Maugley
    caulker
    lescott

as my defenders

Leaving sig and caulker as my 1st and 3rd subs seemed the logical choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

18 points from 3 players so far.. Vorm, Sinclair & Dempsey. In a desperate attempt to outwit those ahead of me in a private league; I captained Ben Arfa instead of RVP.

I've a good feeling about this :pac:

best wishes to Muamba too

#MUFC; De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Valencia, Welbeck, Carrick, Scholes, Hernandez, Rooney.” 

No young :)

Wolves: Hennessey, Zubar, Bassong, Stearman, Ward, Davis, Edwards, Foley, Jarvis, Doyle, Fletcher

#MUFC; De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael, Valencia, Welbeck, Carrick, Scholes, Hernandez, Rooney.” 

No young :)

Is he on the bench? Please say no! SIGURDSOOOON!

carlcon wrote: »
    Is he on the bench? Please say no! SIGURDSOOOON!

Yep

#MUFC subs: Amos Giggs Smalling Park Young Fabio Pogba” 

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement