Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] GW29 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

Need Ba to do some magic today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Looks like some people will be getting lucky with subs again this week! Hopefully Caulker will come in for me, will be one of the only times all year I can remember my subs contributing anything worthwhile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

roryc wrote: »
    Looks like some people will be getting lucky with subs again this week! Hopefully Caulker will come in for me, will be one of the only times all year I can remember my subs contributing anything worthwhile...

You're mistaking investing in a good bench with luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I wont be more than likely and could do with that 16 points siggy has :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I will surely be one of the luckier. Siggy third sub. No Young today. Ready to cry. Then I saw no Santon and the Villa match is off. Means McClean goes into my team. If Santon doesn't make an appearance then I'll have Sig in. If he does I can rely on Lescott hopefully not to play. A nervous few hours ahead of me.

carlcon wrote: »
    You're mistaking investing in a good bench with luck.

Not really. I've got a decent bench but a mixture of bad luck and making a balls of the order of my subs has led to me rarely utilising them.

And weeks when my bench players score high every one of my starting 11 plays and I don't get to use them. Pretty frustrating tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Why didn't I hold onto Valencia :(
    I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, it was the logical move to ditch him as he was facing a month out. I did the same. But I'll be getting him back in after today. He was devastating, albeit against a truly dreadful team. Anyway, happy enough with 33 so far. Captain RVP and Ba among others still to play. Come on the Baaaaaa!

Torres just scored.

Time to drop RVP.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, it was the logical move to ditch him as he was facing a month out. I did the same. But I'll be getting him back in after today. He was devastating, albeit against a truly dreadful team. Anyway, happy enough with 33 so far. Captain RVP and Ba among others still to play. Come on the Baaaaaa!

Might have to choose between Walcott and Valencia... people thinking of dropping Silva are insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Torres just scored.

Time to drop RVP.

It was only in a 5 a side match against the under 12's......

• Advertisement

Hoping Lescott doesn't play, and Adebayor does... Bit annoying that United bang in 5 and Rooney only gets an assist! Could do with RVP having a quiet game too.

Should be safe to stay in a decent position this week, Suarez and Walcott are two good differentials that could see me hit as high as 2nd once the week is over.

Shane732 wrote: »
    It was only in a 5 a side match against the under 12's......

Second goal just there.

I'm gonna keep on eye on him on FISO, just to see how many bring him in next week. Bound to be a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Might have to choose between Walcott and Valencia... people thinking of dropping Silva are insane.

i really feel i wont regret dropping silva
    if walcott and valencia play every week i can see both
    of them scoring more points for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Had Evans and Valencia today.

If Ba can destroy Norwich today, then I'll be happy. A Krul clean sheet would be a bonus.

Cisse. Great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah g'way Ruddy!

If Shotton gets through this FA Cup game unfazed, I might have to finally get him in. No stand-out transfers needed this week, just planning ahead. 4m is too good for what he can provide. And even if he's on my bench 80% of the time... so what, 4m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If Shotton gets through this FA Cup game unfazed, I might have to finally get him in. No stand-out transfers needed this week, just planning ahead. 4m is too good for what he can provide. And even if he's on my bench 80% of the time... so what, 4m!

Had him before,he did feck all but cost me points when he came on in a game in the last minute,that was the end of Shotton in my team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Transferred Valencia in for Downing. Took gamble on him starting. 7.5m is good value but he isn't guaranteed his place. Could be a big differential.
    Would have captained W.Rooney if certain of appearing in first xi. Went for Bale instead.
    Come on my son! Get in! I'm really up for this game (Wolves vs Man Utd) Come on get in

GET IN!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ah the joys of a strong bench every week. Siggurdsson on for Young and Evans with 12 poins. Too bad Captain Rooney didn't get a goal.

OK the gamble with Young didn't work out but I don't mind if omeone doesn't play because everyone on my bench is a viable choice to start.

Ba looking like he's next for the chopping block.

Alan Pardew is having a laugh. Santon comes on for 30 minutes. Fairly wrecks my chances of Siggy coming off the bench. I hope Lescott doesn't play against Chelsea. I'll probably cry if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Torres just scored.

Time to drop RVP.

Downing scores as well.....Silva and RVP out the door!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Well Rooney was a bit of a let down! I've 43 with 5 players played, one of those my captain. It's a good score but I took a 4-point hit to get Evra and Jevans in. Probably the best transfers I coulda made but but now with -4 and with most others in my leagues having RVP as captain I'm gonna be worrying come the end of the week, just like last week incase the lads that are on less than 10 now catch up with me. :o

Big games needed from the Yak (unlikely) and Silva now. And I need RVP to do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Where's Lemlin? I told him it was too late to drop Val since he might play this week. I want some points transferred to my account. :D

Haha, I would of dropped him but I didn't think Rooney was worth the 4 point hit to get in. Thought Fergie might rest him but it worked out well anyway.

Any Spurs supporters got news on Ade? I'm hoping he doesn't play now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I checked fiso during the match to see how close Valencia was to a price rise and he was at 14% just checked again and he's at 70% now like 4 hours later .madness .

• Advertisement

I checked fiso during the match to see how close Valencia was to a price rise and he was at 14% just checked again and he's at 70% now like 4 hours later .madness .

Got him in already,was always planning to & made some money on it:)

Lol @ Downing & Torres scoring today in the cup,how many eejits will jump on those bandwagons:pac::pac:

45 points so far with 5 to play,getting Ba didn't go to plan as he did everything except score which seems to be the way things are going for him lately.

I think I'm going to take a step back from this transfer rush. I'm happy with Young. Played midweek, was given a nice rest this week (which I predicted, strangely enough)... can't see him sitting on the bench again next game at home to Fulham.

I think I'm going to take a step back from this transfer rush. I'm happy with Young. Played midweek, was given a nice rest this week (which I predicted, strangely enough)... can't see him sitting on the bench again next game at home to Fulham.

Cue Nani & Valencia playing,Sigurdsson as 1st sub scoring a hat trick & Young coming on for 5 minutes to spoil it all for you:D

zerks wrote: »
    Cue Nani & Valencia playing,Sigurdsson as 1st sub scoring a hat trick & Young coming on for 5 minutes to spoil it all for you:D

No way man, Siggy is starting next week for sure! Seems Moyes has stopped caring about the league and is trying to save players for the FA Cup. Can see them leaking a couple away to Barcelo Swansea. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bonus predictions from the scout for gameweek to date

Bonus Predictions

Fulham 0 Swansea 3
    Sigurdsson 3, Routledge 2, Allen 1

Wigan 1 West Brom 1
    McArthur 3, Scharner 2, Beausejour & Brunt 1

Wolves 0 Man United 5
    Hernandez 3, Valencia 2, Evans 1

Newcastle 1 Norwich 0
    Cisse 3, Gutierrez 2, Perch 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Who will he drop for Young though?

Chicharito got two goals, can't see him being dropped.

He won't drop Rooney.

Valencia won't be dropped.

Welbeck was brilliant today out on the left, don't see him being dropped.

The reason why I mention Chicharito and Rooney there is because both them playing affects Welbeck's position on the pitch, which then puts Young's place on the team under threat.

And then you have Nani who should be fit again. Young may start, but as I said a few weeks ago he's a massive rotation risk between now and the end of the season.

Blatter wrote: »
    Who will he drop for Young though?

Chicharito got two goals, can't see him being dropped.

He won't drop Rooney.

Valencia won't be dropped.

Welbeck was brilliant today out on the left, don't see him being dropped.

The reason why I mention Chicharito and Rooney there is because both them playing affects Welbeck's position on the pitch, which then puts Young's place on the team under threat.

And then you have Nani who should be fit again. Young may start, but as I said a few weeks ago he's a massive rotation risk between now and the end of the season.

I don't think "drop" is the right word. Makes it sound like they're being punished, and said punishment can only come about after a bad performance. Which really hasn't been the case. Young was just as good in the last 2 games, arguably better than any of them in the one against Spurs, yet he was "dropped" this week.

This is just what Ferguson does. A bunch of players needed game-time, so he gave it to them. Wolves being Wolves, he could afford to. I know luck is required when trying to second-guess Fergie, but when I called the possibility that Young would miss this game to allow players in who had been out, it was kind of obvious, since he does it so often. It's how he manages to keep his squad fresh for the final run-in every year.

He'll be looking to revert back to something more "normal" next game, almost definitely with Young and Val on the wings with either Hernandez or Welbeck partnering Rooney up front.

Young has little to worry about from Welbeck. Today was one of those games where it played out like a practice match, any one of 5 players leading the line. It's not going to be like that every week. I strongly suspect a more rigid formation against a much better Fulham next week.

The return of Nani will introduce the only real threat to Young, IMO. And even then, Nani will have a lot of work to do to claim his place.

Young is bound to miss *some* time, sure... but he's going to have more than enough time to warrant his place in any FF team, presuming United carry their form like they usually do.

Bad performances from the team will throw all predictions out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I don't think "drop" is the right word. Makes it sound like they're being punished, and said punishment can only come about after a bad performance. Which really hasn't been the case. Young was just as good in the last 2 games, arguably better than any of them in the one against Spurs, yet he was "dropped" this week.

This is just what Ferguson does. A bunch of players needed game-time, so he gave it to them. Wolves being Wolves, he could afford to. I know luck is required when trying to second-guess Fergie, but when I called the possibility that Young would miss this game to allow players in who had been out, it was kind of obvious, since he does it so often. It's how he manages to keep his squad fresh for the final run-in every year.

He'll be looking to revert back to something more "normal" next game, almost definitely with Young and Val on the wings with either Hernandez or Welbeck partnering Rooney up front.

Young has little to worry about from Welbeck. Today was one of those games where it played out like a practice match, any one of 5 players leading the line. It's not going to be like that every week. I strongly suspect a more rigid formation against a much better Fulham next week.

The return of Nani will introduce the only real threat to Young, IMO. And even then, Nani will have a lot of work to do to claim his place.

Young is bound to miss *some* time, sure... but he's going to have more than enough time to warrant his place in any FF team, presuming United carry their form like they usually do.

Bad performances from the team will throw all predictions out the window.

I didn't mean for the term drop to come across as some sort of punishment, rotate would be a better word. But now that United are out of the EL, I think we can forget about 'rotation' until United play twice in one week again. From now on in I think it will be a case of players being dropped because they didn't perform. There's simply no need to rotate when your only playing one match a week.

The main reason Young didn't play today was because he played the full 90 on Thursday, and SAF wanted to keep the team as fresh as possible. If United didn't have that game, it would have been Young in for Hernandez with Welbeck going up front, I have little doubt about that.

I think if Hernandez hadn't scored twice today, we would definitely be seeing Young in for him next Monday, with Welbeck moving up front. But the two goals from him really skews things, and it's going to be difficult to drop him for Fulham now.

With regards Welbeck on the wing, he was also excellent on the right hand side against WBA last week and against Everton earlier on in the season, so I don't subscribe to the view that today was a one off. I think he's a very good wide player as well as a striker and I wouldn't be so sure that SAF won't play him there again against Fulham. He also got his first goal in 10 matches today, so I think SAF would be even further reluctant to not play him again.

It will be interesting to see what SAF does (Valencia at RB to fit them in wouldn't surprise me) but I do think there is too much threat to Young's position in the team as it is, and even more so when Nani returns, to warrant having him at just under 10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Showing at 25% on mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

PopTarts wrote: »
    Showing at 25% on mine?

He had a yellow flag on him which they took off after the match which i think reset the counters .

Newcastle clean sheet now means my first 2 subs are both on 6 points, could really do with Lescott not playing...

Bonus points are out too, nothing too surprising for once.

Swansea v Fulham

Routledge (2)
    Allen
    Sigurdsson (3)

Wigan v West Brom

McArthur (3)
    Beausejour
    Scharner (2)

Wolves v Man U

Evans J
    Valencia (2)
    Hernandez (3)
    Welbeck

Newcastle v Norwich

Gutierrez (2)
    Cabaye (2)
    Cisse (3)

Siigy got 3,lovely,16 to come off the bench!!!.......

My Fantasy Arena cup teeam is flying........cant seem to locate my opponent though! 66 with 4 to play....cracking score so far,pity it wasnt my A-team though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nothing too controversial in the BP's although Sinclair owners would have probably hoped for at least 1.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nothing too controversial in the BP's although Sinclair owners would have probably hoped for at least 1.

Cisse getting 3 for 68 mins was maybe too much i think....Defo getting him into my A-team for the rest of the season and next years comp.
    He looks like a pretty decent finisher...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I haven't watched many newcastle games recently...whats ba up to these days?

• Advertisement

thunderdog wrote: »
    I haven't watched many newcastle games recently...whats ba up to these days?

He played well yesterday, unlucky not to get a goal. I don't think he'll be as prolific now that Cisse will be taking a slice of the action.

The scores have been updated, up to 473rd in the world. Nosebleed time!

I've moved up 1,000 places overall to 4,200. Devastatingly I've managed to fall 4 places in the boards league. I thought I'd surely move up a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Excellent news with the confirmation that Rooney got no bonus. I must be about the only person on the forum who doesn't have him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Has there been any games cancelled with Fab Muamba still critical?

Has there been any games cancelled with Fab Muamba still critical?

The Villa match. Also Rovers are offering to postpone at the weekend if Bolton want to. Could be a few double weeks coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The Villa match. Also Rovers are offering to postpone at the weekend if Bolton want to. Could be a few double weeks coming up.

Great, I have a wildcard to use & it's burning a hole in my pocket! No real value in using it now but if there was a few DGW's that would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Great, I have a wildcard to use & it's burning a hole in my pocket! No real value in using it now but if there was a few DGW's that would help

How awful for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

I'm having my best week of the season so far. Gameweek rank of 15,727. And i've still got Sigurdsson to come off the bench and 3 to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I wouldn't go near a DGW if it will be Bolton / Aston Villa / Blackburn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

First week in ages I put Sinclair on my bench and he does well!

Still hapy enough so far, my 5 players used have 37 accumulated and have rvp as captain... Starting taking this thing proper serious and nearly into worlds top 100,000 ha

Still no sign of my league race brightening. I continue to win but so does the fella in first. Atm its looking like our game in a few weeks time will be like Man U v Man city season decider!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement