Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] GW29 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Siggurdsson sitting in the 3rd spot on my bench

Kompany likely won't play, McClean ahead of him coming in for Young

need one more injury to get him in, eugghhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

53 points with 5 left to play! Class! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

52 with RVP, Bale, Skertl and Enrique to play. Roll on tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I was sure City and Chelsea was on tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

33 points with 5 players left to play including RVP(c) & Sigurdsson to come in for A.Young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

45 points so far from 5 players. Rooney as captain let me down a wee bit, cant believe he had only one assist in a 5-0 win. Still have Josh, Enrique, McClean, Bale, Silva and RvP to play. Hoping for a decent score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

49 with 5 to play,results I want now are a Spurs 3-1 win with Bale getting 2 & an assist,RVP to score once,Silva hat trick in a 4-3 loss;),McLean brace for Sunderland & Liverpool to draw 0-0.

zerks wrote: »
    49 with 5 to play,results I want now are a Spurs 3-1 win with Bale getting 2 & an assist,RVP to score once,Silva hat trick in a 4-3 loss;),McLean brace for Sunderland & Liverpool to draw 0-0.

Easier to give ya the winning lotto ticket! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

51 with 4 to play. But those 4 are BAE, Bale, Silva, and RVP... so I won't be gaining much more ground since most will have at least 3 of those.

Simpson and Taylor are both waiting with 6 points a piece should anyone not play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    51 with 4 to play. But those 4 are BAE, Bale, Silva, and RVP... so I won't be gaining much more ground since most will have at least 3 of those.

Simpson and Taylor are both waiting with 6 points a piece should anyone not play.

You'd be surprised. Alot of people seem to have dropped one of Bale/Silva to get in a United midfielder.

A big week from Bale would be great, preferably with Adebayor not playing :D I've Siggy sitting on the bench to come in with 16 if he doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Need Bale, McClean, Silva or the Yak not to play to get Siggy on as first sub - little chance though. Bit sickening when others getting him on as 3rd sub.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Need Bale, McClean, Silva or the Yak not to play to get Siggy on as first sub - little chance though. Bit sickening when others getting him on as 3rd sub.

Sickening alright but I wouldn't let it get to you too much. Seansea beating Fulham 3-0 was a freak result, nobody could have expected it.

I was expecting a low scoring game and that's why I left Siggy on the bench. I expect him to stay there now because Ade will be fit by tomorrow so I'm at least happy that Valencia, who for some reason I stuck into my starting eleven on Friday evening, matched Siggy.

If I'd of played Siggy, I'd of had Valencia on the bench so I've not really lost or gained anything. I would of been alot more annoyed had Valencia got a ten minute cameo (although there's still every chance Ade could do it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lemlin wrote: »
    If I'd of played Siggy, I'd of had Valencia on the bench so I've not really lost or gained anything. I would of been alot more annoyed had Valencia got a ten minute cameo (although there's still every chance Ade could do it).

I'm not having a go but dude... its 'have'. Three times in one line is enough to make a grammar nazi's head asplode

head_explode_paradox_time_lets_destroy_the_world-s431x300-105442-580.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Also, it wasn't a freak result, Swansea are a fantastic team and well organised! A 3-0 away win to a stop start Fulham team didn't shock me.

Still need one of Bale/Silva/Suarez/VP or McClean not to play so Siggy will come in. Would rather Suaraez or McClean cause my opponent in the cup here has the others and Siggy as his first sub ;)

Also, it wasn't a freak result, Swansea are a fantastic team and well organised! A 3-0 away win to a stop start Fulham team didn't shock me.

Still need one of Bale/Silva/Suarez/VP or McClean not to play so Siggy will come in. Would rather Suarez or McClean cause my opponent in the cup here has the others and Siggy as his first sub ;)

If it wasnt a freak result, why did you have Sigurdsson on the bench?

roryc wrote: »
    I'm not having a go

Of course you're not...

yet this is the first time I've seen you correct someone's grammar on this forum, despite there being far worse grammatical errors than those highlighted above.

As I've said previously, this is an informal, internet messaging board, I'm not going to spend time re-reading and editing my posts when the point I made was clearly legible. I'd imagine you aren't either because I'm not quite sure what to "aspolde" is.

Now, enough of the pedantics please. I've better things to waste my time on.

Dempsey wrote: »
    If it wasnt a freak result, why did you have Sigurdsson on the bench?

I had to drop someone and he was my away player this week, bad management by me really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Swansea can beat anyone on their day. I didn't have Sig (I do now), but if I did I'm sure I would have benched him, Fulham are generally strong at home, they just got their tactics wrong on Saturday and paid for it

manual_man wrote: »
    Swansea can beat anyone on their day. I didn't have Sig (I do now), but if I did I'm sure I would have benched him, Fulham are generally strong at home, they just got their tactics wrong on Saturday and paid for it

They can but they're no Barcelona either. They've also lost to Blackburn and Norwich twice. I think what you said is right though - get your tactics wrong against them, like Fulham did, and you're in trouble.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine you aren't either because I'm not quite sure what to "aspolde" is.

Clearly defined in the highly reputable Urban Dictionary

Asplode

v. to self-combust or become structurally compromised in a most likely spontaneous manner

Example: Lemlin's grammar makes my head asplode

manual_man wrote: »

They can but they're no Barcelona either. They've also lost to Blackburn and Norwich twice. I think what you said is right though - get your tactics wrong against them, like Fulham did, and you're in trouble.

Yep. Fulham underestimated them. You can't foretell these things. They should have started with Murphy and dropped Dembele/Ruiz. Also Hughes should have played instead of Senderos, who to be honest can be a bit of a disaster. I should have phoned Martin :)

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I had to drop someone and he was my away player this week, bad management by me really.

Alot of people had Siggy on bench because it was the right move this week in a lot of cases. I have no regrets about having him as first sub as I felt that the rest of my midfield had better fixtures. Fulham are strong at home and Swansea have failed to score away from home in plenty of matches.

At this stage of the season, I have no qualms about having points stuck on the bench if I feel that the move was the correct one for that particular gameweek. As rotation kicks in, I need to make sure that my subs are contributing to the cause instead of scoring 1-2 points.

My rivals have the likes of Tiote as their subs. That suits me fine tbh.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Hindsight is an exact science tbh,

Swansea werent known for their away form and Fulham have a strong home record this season. Also Sigurdsson isnt known for being a consistent points scorer, its pretty much hit or miss with him. Like most, you backed what seemed logical.

Just checking, for every 10+ GW he's had, I had him on the bench. Twice I was lucky enough to have him come off the bench and the other GW, formation rules meant he was pushed to 3rd sub. I think I started him every time he's had a 2-3 point week. Seems that I should be backing him when I think he'll do nothing of note. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great news. Lescott seems like he's going to miss out on the Chelsea game according to Mancini. Sigurdsson will now come into my team.

Great news. Lescott seems like he's going to miss out on the Chelsea game according to Mancini. Sigurdsson will now come into my team.

Beautiful, I have Caulker coming in... Do you have a source?

All I need now is Silva or RVP getting injured in the warm up and my bench will finally start contributing something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Heard it from the horses mouth, he definitely said Lescott is out. Also said Kompany is a 'major doubt'.

There's suggestions that he's playing mind games and both will play though, there were rumors that Lescott was back training so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Please please Martin O'Neill give James McClean a rest to prevent burnout

More great news is that the Blackburn/Bolton game might well still go ahead this weekend.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Heard it from the horses mouth, he definitely said Lescott is out. Also said Kompany is a 'major doubt'.

There's suggestions that he's playing mind games and both will play though, there were rumors that Lescott was back training so who knows.

Brekingnews confirms this:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/tevez-set-for-bench-role-544185.html
    City have central defensive problems with Joleon Lescott (groin) out and Vincent Kompany (calf) very doubtful but right-back Pablo Zabaleta (hamstring) and midfielder Gareth Barry (back) are fit.

Were you playing 4 at the back this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

For me all your "great" news are sh1t news... :(

I think if there were a world ranking for the amount of points wasted on the bench, I'd be in contention for first position... :o

Boom. Thats Caulker in. Can I get lucky and manage to fluke Simpson in too...

A clean sheet for Sunderland tonight would be awesome too!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Alot of people had Siggy on bench because it was the right move this week in a lot of cases. I have no regrets about having him as first sub as I felt that the rest of my midfield had better fixtures. Fulham are strong at home and Swansea have failed to score away from home in plenty of matches.

At this stage of the season, I have no qualms about having points stuck on the bench if I feel that the move was the correct one for that particular gameweek. As rotation kicks in, I need to make sure that my subs are contributing to the cause instead of scoring 1-2 points.

My rivals have the likes of Tiote as their subs. That suits me fine tbh.

Have to agree with this. My midfield this week consisted of Dempsey, Silva, Bale and Valencia. All 4 of those were at home. Siggy was away.

My big gamble this week was not taking a 4 point hit to get Rooney in and it worked out in the end. It took alot of thinking last week before the transfer deadline but, in the end, I took the chance that Rooney wasn't worth it and it worked out.

That said, when I logged onto BBC Sunday evening and saw that United had won 5-0, there were a few anxious minutes!

Even if Ade plays (he's still doubtful according to BreakingNews) and Siggy doesn't come on as a sub, I'll be happy that I've had a decent gameweek considering the gamble I took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My source was Fantasy Football Scout on Twitter. They have links for all the breaking news as it happens. They're well worth a follow if you're on it so that you can keep up with the latest news.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Were you playing 4 at the back this week?

No for some reason I had an unbelievable idea to play 5 at the back. I was expecting Santon to start, Senderos to get the CS against Swansea and Lescott to play against Chelsea. Didn't quite work out.

It looked very strange having only 2 in midfield. I don't think I'll be trying it again.

• Advertisement

John Terry has been ruled out of the match tomorrow night, good news for ManC player owners

I'm gonna jump right in on the side of the "Siggy had to be benched" folk.

I've been a solid supporter of Swansea the whole way through, and don't doubt their abilities, but practically everyone agreed pre-match that Fulham at home were the team to watch, and there's no way in hell anyone saw a potential 0-3 drubbing on the cards.

Most of us have 4 "big" midfielders in our teams now, and all were better options pre-game.

So I'm calling the bluff of anyone who says otherwise! Unless you have McClean in your team, or another cheap midfielder ahead of Sig... in which case I point and laugh in your general direction. :P

I've been a solid supporter of Swansea the whole way through, and don't doubt their abilities, but practically everyone agreed pre-match that Fulham at home were the team to watch, and there's no way in hell anyone saw a potential 0-3 drubbing on the cards.

Most of us have 4 "big" midfielders in our teams now, and all were better options pre-game.

So I'm calling the bluff of anyone who says otherwise! Unless you have McClean in your team, or another cheap midfielder ahead of Sig... in which case I point and laugh in your general direction. :P

He's subbing in for me ahead of Siggy

Remember kids, where you place your subs is hugely important!

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    He's subbing in for me ahead of Siggy

Remember kids, where you place your subs is hugely important!

Oh do you? I know my opponent in the cup has McClean in the starting XI and Sig waiting to come on if he doesn't play, but now that it's you too I'll whip up some fake-bravado and roar as I try catch you in the Ireland top 30. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Agree with this,I benched him as I had this game down as a nailed-on Nil Nil draw.Was amazed with the result as Fulham at home are decent.Got lucky though as Siggy went into my team as my Cleverly experiment backfired.

• Advertisement

Oh do you? I know my opponent in the cup has McClean in the starting XI and Sig waiting to come on if he doesn't play, but now that it's you too I'll whip up some fake-bravado and roar as I try catch you in the Ireland top 30. :D

I could see BAE not playing tomorrow, meaning I just need Kompany not to play to get Siggy in

Jesus, I sound pathetic here! haha

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I could see BAE not playing tomorrow, meaning I just need Kompany not to play to get Siggy in

Jesus, I sound pathetic here! haha

Haha, that's what this bloody game does to us!

I've been looking myself; I've got Sig definitely replacing Young for 16 points, but then also have Simpson and Taylor next in line with 6 points each. I'd probably accept BAE not playing myself to get at one of them.

But in reality, I can't see BAE not playing. Unless there's a niggle I missed?

Haha, that's what this bloody game does to us!

I've been looking myself; I've got Sig definitely replacing Young for 16 points, but then also have Simpson and Taylor next in line with 6 points each. I'd probably accept BAE not playing myself to get at one of them.

But in reality, I can't see BAE not playing. Unless there's a niggle I missed?

Redknapp has stated that anyone that doesnt want to play the match will be excused.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/a-horrific-night-but-one-that-has-united-us-all-as-a-football-family-7577583.html
    When I saw him lying on the pitch at White Hart Lane, I was scared. Scared for him, scared for his family, his friends and all those people who know him and who care about him.

I was also scared because he was just like me. He is young, supposedly fit — an athlete — who a few seconds ago was running up and down the same pitch as me. I had flashbacks of what had happened to my countryman, the late Marc-Vivien Foe.

Could be a case of over analysis but the player was/is clearly upset by everything thats happened.

Ah, well that's totally understandable. Screw the game, I hope he does whatever works for him... be that taking a week off, or deciding to play "for" him.

Does anyone have the lineouts for the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭jimw1988

Blackburn Rovers: Robbo, Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Martin Olsson, Formica, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yak
    SUBS: Bunn, Orr, Givet, Petrovic, Dunn, Modeste, Goodwillie

SUNDERLAND: Mignolet, Bardsley, Bridge, Turner, Larsson, Gardner, Campbell, Vaughan, McClean, Kyrgiakos, Bendtner
    SUNDERLAND SUBS: Gordon, Wickham, Kilgallon, Colback, Meyler, Elmohamady

5-0 to Blackburn. Yakubu with 5.

FatRat wrote: »
    5-0 to Blackburn. Yakubu with 5.

Let's not get carried away now. He might only get 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Will take a mcclean goal and/or assist to make up for subbing siggy :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Blackburn well on top for the first 30 mins anyway

• Advertisement