Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] GW29 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0-0 HT. Sunderland coming more into it toward the end of the half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Christ Sunderland are one boring team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Boring alright! But they really are missing Sessegnon, it's so obvious even just from the past 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Hoilett goal!

Pedersen assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Holiett goal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My stream is 2 minutes behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

McClean should have about 2 or 3 assists. If Bendtner actually made runs he'd have been on the end of some good balls into the box and Ki just missed a great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What's the name of the website you can subscribe to for online streaming?

2-0! Yakubu, of course.

• Advertisement

Yak

The Yak is annoying me, he hasn't performed for the last couple of weeks.

Is the Blackburn v Bolton game off this week? I haven't seen confirmation of it...

Edit - Sweet I love the Yak!

Shane732 wrote: »
    What's the name of the website you can subscribe to for online streaming?

Liveonlinefooty. Closed for new subs though at the mo

Knew he had it in him :) Hon the Yak boy.

Anyone have any Blackburn players?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anyone have any Blackburn players?

I have the Yak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I had Mignolet, wasn't expecting a clean sheet but can count that as an opportunity missed to jump a few places. Can't complain though.

Have 5 players still to play and hovering around 50 points for the week. Could do with RVP not playing tonight tbh but fat chance of that happening! Huess I just need to pray for a Liverpool clean sheet and City/Spurs to both concede.

Walcott seems to be my main differential against my competitors...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It's looking less and less likely that I'll get Siggy in, McClean did nothing for me last night :(

Big night tonight for:
    • Anyone who dropped Silva
    • Anyone who dropped Bale
    • Anyone who captained RVP
    • Anyone who kept Suarez after the DGW

With the exception of United's big win and Siggy, I feel the FA Cup has starved this week of interest so far. Let's hope tonight makes up for it.

• Anyone who dropped Bale - Yep
    • Anyone who kept Suarez after the DGW - Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    Big night tonight for:

With the exception of United's big win and Siggy, I feel the FA Cup has starved this week of interest so far. Let's hope tonight makes up for it.

Massive night for me so because:

I have Silva.
    I have Bale.
    I captained RvP
    I have Suarez

I'm hoping one of Ade, Suarez, Bale or Silva don't play because I have Siggy to come in.

I'm expecting Ade not to start though and come on for the last twenty minutes just to compound my misery. Even if he doesn't start, if he's named in the subs he'll get on so I need him to miss the game completely. He was interviewed on SSN about Muamba going into Spurs training though so there's about 1% hope of him not taking some part at present!

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »
    Big night tonight for:

I have Silva, that's it. Stoke looking stronger the past few weeks, Spurs looking weaker so I won't worry about not having Bale too much. Everton a strong defensive side, rarely concede more than 2 and I reckon VP won't do much. If he scores than it won't bother me too much though, it's only if he scores twice. Had Suarez for 2 or 3 weeks at the start of the season, never even thought about getting him again. This gameweek has been very boring despite me being on 59 with BP's to come for the Yak and Silva, Richards, RVP and Reina to play. But the time difference between the games has drained the fun of getting a good score this week.

A combined total of 10+ points from Silva and Bale will do me just fine. Not asking for much. Enough people have dropped one or both to make them relevant again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FatRat wrote: »
    I have Silva, that's it. Stoke looking stronger the past few weeks, Spurs looking weaker so I won't worry about not having Bale too much. Everton a strong defensive side, rarely concede more than 2 and I reckon VP won't do much. If he scores than it won't bother me too much though, it's only if he scores twice. Had Suarez for 2 or 3 weeks at the start of the season, never even thought about getting him again. This gameweek has been very boring despite me being on 59 with BP's to come for the Yak and Silva, Richards, RVP and Reina to play. But the time difference between the games has drained the fun of getting a good score this week.

If RvP can even score in a 1-0 win and grab the three bonus points, it'll result in a score of 9 points and 18 for me so that'll leave me happy. I'm not asking for a blinder of a match from him. Just one goal is enough at this stage. That many people captained Rooney that RvP is a great differential this week so I'm hoping he outscores Rooney's five anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I hope Bale does some magic tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I need Silva to seriously step things up tonight, and I need Stoke to do me a favour and keep Spurs players quiet. Also need RVP to have a quiet one. I don't ask for much. :p

Fizman wrote: »
    I need Silva to seriously step things up tonight, and I need Stoke to do me a favour and keep Spurs players quiet. Also need RVP to have a quiet one. I don't ask for much. :p

I'll back you up on everything there, surely our combined will power can push this through.

Also, give Walcott And Suarez and shout out :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Any early team news?

Clinging onto hope that someone picked up a late injury or something :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Hoping Kompany doesn't play, and one late mystery injury

Bolton Vs Blackburn going ahead at the weekend. Good news. Not just for FPL but good news that Bolton are back playing so soon.

Bolton Vs Blackburn going ahead at the weekend. Good news. Not just for FPL but good news that Bolton are back playing so soon.

FA cup replay set for Tuesday also

• Advertisement

Kompany is at 25% on FF, going by that I'd be surprised.

Lineouts anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Torres starts tonight

Lineouts anyone?

Where's Paul O Connell when you need him :pac:

Will probably be another 20 mins before the teamsheets start rolling in...

Hart/Zabaletta Richards Toure Clichy/Yaya De Jong/Silva Agüero Nasri/Balotelli

Tevez on the bench

manual_man wrote: »
    Where's Paul O Connell when you need him :pac:

Will probably be another 20 mins before the teamsheets start rolling in...

Some games start at quarter to so lineouts should be out

Cech/Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Cole/Lampard Mikel/Ramires Mata Meireles/Torres

Man City

Spurs

Friedel Bale Kaboul Parker VDV Modric Saha Krancjar King BAE Walker

• Advertisement

Tevez on the bench

Richards in central defense. Interesting. Shows what faith Mancini has in Savic...

Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Kranjcar, Modric, Parker, Bale; Van der Vaart, Saha.

Tevez on the bench

Oh jesus no, Richards centre back???????? :eek: That's a garrunteed 5 goals conceded right there not to mind he probably won't have much attacking potential in centre back. Ah well.... Silva starts so that's good news :)

KevIRL wrote: »
    Spurs

Friedel Bale Kaboul Parker VDV Modric Saha Krancjar King BAE Walker

Me and you definitely follow the same twitter feeds! :D

Richards in central defense. Interesting. Shows what faith Mancini has in Savic...

How many times has Savic being roasted though? His confidence could be shot and its probably showing in training. I dont think he'll ever be good enough for ManC

Chelsea

Cech, Ivanovic, Cole, Luiz, Ramires, Lampard, Torres, Mata, Mikel, Meireles, Cahill

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

How many times has Savic being roasted though? His confidence could be shot and its probably showing in training. I dont think he'll ever be good enough for ManC

I don't think he's as bad as some people say. Risky putting young Richards at CB for the first time this season...

Savic is terrible. Good to see Ballotelli starting again, with a goals per minute ratio better than Rooney and RVP he's definitely one to watch.

Annoying the Adebayor isn't starting though. Not even on the bench actually, some people have all the luck eh!

Stoke
    Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Pennant, Diao, Palacios, Jerome, Walters, Crouc

No Shotton, sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Everton: Howard, Baines, Distin, Heitinga, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill, Jelavic, Drenthe, Fellaini

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton: Howard, Baines, Distin, Heitinga, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill, Jelavic, Drenthe, Fellaini

Strong lineup. Might be difficult for Arsenal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement