Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] GW29 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You can only laugh. Well done qpr. Liverpool players you are a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

haha .... Liverpool. Why did I even bother putting any bit of faith into them? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nice one, no Ox, Caulker in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Forgetting the result for a moment; 2 goals scored and no FF involvement from Suarez... normal service resumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PopTarts wrote: »
    90 minutes into the game and nothing has changed.

*Might jinx this now*

Hopefully he'll pick up bonus for the assist.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

Any defence with Jamie 'getting worse by the week' Carragher is going to struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Dempsey wrote: »
    Nice one, no Ox, Caulker in

Had Ox also but unfortunately had Caulker as 2nd sub, Kuyt as 3rd sub & have McClean coming off the bench as 1st sub. Just goes to show the importance of getting your subs right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

A poxy 35 points this week...thats the end of me in my money league :mad:

FatRat wrote: »
    haha .... Liverpool. Why did I even bother putting any bit of faith into them? :pac:

I've been a Liverpool supporter for 26 years. I should get a Medal of Honour for all the suffering I've gone through. They really just have no backbone. It sickens me

Lemlin wrote: »

Any defence with Jamie 'getting worse by the week' Carragher is going to struggle.

I haven't seen the highlights but I already know he was at fault for at least one of the goals. I respect the guy for what he's done for the club, but honestly this year he's a walking disaster :sigh:

• Advertisement

Ashley Young & Chamberlain not playing has turned a good week into a great week for me. Sigurdsson (16) & Caulker (6) to come in and give me a total of 73 and hopefully Bale & RVP will give me a BP or 2.

Ox is getting the boot tonight, Sessegnon will be his replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Is it worth hanging onto Walcott for a few more games? Or maybe ship Valencia in?

Ashley Young & Chamberlain not playing has turned a good week into a great week for me. Sigurdsson (16) & Caulker (6) to come in and give me a total of 73 and hopefully Bale & RVP will give me a BP or 2.

Ox is getting the boot tonight, Sessegnon will be his replacement.

I'm on 60 with Siggy to come in for Ade. Happy with 76 for the week considering none of my strikers scored and I hope there'll be bonus for RvP to come.

I'm on 60 with Siggy to come in for Ade. Happy with 76 for the week considering none of my strikers scored and I hope there'll be bonus for RvP to come.

None of my strikers scored, 3 started, and my starting 4 midfielders returned 7 points :D

It makes a grand change from every decision being ruthlessly punished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have 57 points(including Siggy who is coming into my team) before bonuses for tonights games and I'm not expecting many there although I have RVP who will prob get the usual 2 or 3 and Bale who might get something. Just happy that Sig got in as I was fearing losing a lot of ground but I won't lose that much after all thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

So g'wan then....who's bringing in Tevez tonight? :D

11.7 fair steep despite doing nothing for 6 months, i think I might change things over the next few weeks with the view of getting him in as his fitness and gametime increases.

Tevez being Tevez, he's a FPL must have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah I read where Mancini said it would take him 5 sub appearances before he would be ready to start and you can be sure that if City are winning games he ain't bring on Tevez.

It'll take a brave person to get Tevez in now. Whether that means dropping Rooney, or dropping at least one top midfielder, it just doesn't seem worth the gamble to me. Aguero, Balotelli, and Dzeko still looking for a striker spot.

For GW 30 it would be crazy but by GW34 (when Mancini believes he'll be fully fit), he could be the mother of all differentials for the run in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I've been a Liverpool supporter for 26 years. I should get a Medal of Honour for all the suffering I've gone through. They really just have no backbone. It sickens me

Give me a break will you, all those league titles, fa cups, champions league and league cups must be awfully hard to stomach when the lowest your club has finished in your lifetime is still the top half!

How do you think fans that dont support liverpool, utd arsenal or chelsea feel? ou dont know how lucky you have had it.

Anyway back on topic, not a great week, Bal;e's assist killed me in my money league, i think this might be final nail in my coffin now 50pts behind my rival despite getting it from 100 to 40 in the past couple of weeks.

Watched the MoTD highlights this morning and, although I'm happy with 76 points (and hopefully a few bonus to come), it could have been so much more... Silva had a deflection just squeeze past the post, Bale hit the crossbar and put a chance on a plate for Modric, Suarez hit the post and van Persie setup a great chance for Ramsey (didn't see the full highlights but think I saw mention on here last night of him hitting the post too).

Hoping that both RvP and Bale will get bonus points. Bale definitely looked like he's back on form. Pity the rest of the Spurs team didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

62 points in the end. Pretty annoying that Liverpool concede three in the last few minutes after Suarez hitting the post twice, really starting to think the f**ker is cursed. And Bales injury time assist didn't help. Had 4 big players going into last nights games and picked up 8 points, expected a lot more from £35m worth of players...

Should still good enough for 4th in boards league unless Bale flukes some BP's aswell. Tight as anything now, think there's only about 18 points between 2nd and 10th.

Anyone watch the Arsenal game last night, how was Walcott?

POKERKING wrote: »

Give me a break will you, all those league titles, fa cups, champions league and league cups must be awfully hard to stomach when the lowest your club has finished in your lifetime is still the top half!

How do you think fans that dont support liverpool, utd arsenal or chelsea feel? ou dont know how lucky you have had it.

Anyway back on topic, not a great week, Bal;e's assist killed me in my money league, i think this might be final nail in my coffin now 50pts behind my rival despite getting it from 100 to 40 in the past couple of weeks.

Honestly man it'd be more fun supporting a lower team, at least the expectation wouldn't be there anything you win would be a bonus. For a club the size of Liverpool and all the money invested in players not winning a league title in over 20 years just isn't good enough. You can't compare two teams with different expectation levels and different levels of investment, so don't even go there

Back to fantasy football I had a fantastic week 31 points with Johnny Evans my only unused sub :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

carlcon wrote: »
    It'll take a silly person to get Tevez in now. Whether that means dropping Rooney, or dropping at least one top midfielder, it just doesn't seem worth the gamble to me. Aguero, Balotelli, and Dzeko still looking for a striker spot.

FYP.

Liverpool. What a truely embarassing collapse. I'll hold Enrique for another week (home to wigan) alongside Skrtel before I consider shipping him. If they concede vs Wigan, I might consider shipping both.

64 pre-bonus which should be 67 after bonus.

roryc wrote: »
    62 points in the end. Pretty annoying that Liverpool concede three in the last few minutes after Suarez hitting the post twice, really starting to think the f**ker is cursed. And Bales injury time assist didn't help. Had 4 big players going into last nights games and picked up 8 points, expected a lot more from £35m worth of players...

As I said last week, textbook Suarez. Will hit the post multiple times and break your heart. He must have hit the post a dozen times this season. It's rediculous at this stage! He's up there with Defoe and Bent on my "List of Enemies"

unless Bale flukes some BP's aswell.

He was the best player on the pitch and was singled out for praise on MoTD after the match. Everything Spurs did, he was involved in. Stoke didn't do all that much and were lucky to get a scrappy goal.

Don't see how he'd be fluking bonus points given his display. He was unlucky not to have a goal and another two assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

10:30 and no sign of the site being updated with BPs, subs or anything.....:confused:

will be on 68 after subs and might just hit the 70 if bonus points go my way, not a bad week after my two 30 odd point weeks :mad:

Now just need Young to play and Valencia to be rested at the weekend.......

He was the best player on the pitch and was singled out for praise on MoTD after the match. Everything Spurs did, he was involved in. Stoke didn't do all that much and were lucky to get a scrappy goal.

Don't see how he'd be fluking bonus points given his display. He was unlucky not to have a goal and another two assists.

Fluke BP? Ah come on now Rory :rolleyes: VDV and Huth are guaranteed the 3 and 2, but I'd be stunned if Bale didn't get 1.

• Advertisement

'Fluked' as in got awarded them due to his late assist, which is the most likely. Doesn't matter how well he played, if Stoke had won he'd have no chance, the new BP system massively favours the winning team.

Its annoying enough when someone you don't want to perform well is looking set for a 2 pointer, then gets an injury time assist. Its even more annoying when this assist alone then propels him into the BP's too. Not saying its undeserved, just frustrating.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    As I said last week, textbook Suarez. Will hit the post multiple times and break your heart. He must have hit the post a dozen times this season. It's rediculous at this stage! He's up there with Defoe and Bent on my "List of Enemies"

As for Suarez, I have to keep faith... Wigan next week! It would be different if he wasn't playing well but he's hit the post more than he's scored this year, and its not like its from two yards out either.

Lee Dixon even commented about how he loves that post.

'Fluked' as in got awarded them due to his late assist, which is the most likely. Doesn't matter how well he played, if Stoke had won he'd have no chance, the new BP system massively favours the winning team.

Its annoying enough when someone you don't want to perform well is looking set for a 2 pointer, then gets an injury time assist. Its even more annoying when this assist alone then propels him into the BP's too. Not saying its undeserved, just frustrating.

I think 'fluked' is entirely the wrong word then to be honest.

Fluke means:

1. A stroke of good luck.
    2. A chance occurrence; an accident.

Bale providing an assist was by no means a stroke of good luck, accident or chance occurence. It was a fantastic cross and, as a player, he deserved alot more from the game. Spurs did as well. As I said above, I'm annoyed he didn't at least have a goal or another assist given his display.

I'll be honest, I'm getting very nervy about the ff website. No sign of activity, dots below Bolton/Villa players, no autosubs made.

Maybe if I stop refreshing the page every minute...

I'll be honest, I'm getting very nervy about the ff website. No sign of activity, dots below Bolton/Villa players, no autosubs made.

Nah...... you need to redouble your efforts, refresh every 20 seconds... :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Don't forget to keep those who didn't get Siggy to sub in a thought in your prayers or whatever you do yourself lol :(

• Advertisement

Siggy transferring into 90% of the teams with his 16 point haul is causing havoc amongst the league tables for the week and has caused a system overload :D

GET OFF MY BENCH, SIGURDSSON.

If he doesn't start warming up, he's never playing for my team again (or at least until I lose a huge lead and end up a point behind my rivals)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

BONII ARE OUT !

Blackburn 2 - 0 Sunderland

Yakubu (3)
    Gamst Pedersen (2)
    Dann
    Hoilett

Man City 2 - 1 Chelsea

Nasri (3)
    Toure K (2)
    Aguero

Tottenham 1 - 1 Stoke City

Van der Vaart (3)
    Shawcross (2)
    Pennant

Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal

Vermaelen (3)
    Walcott (2)
    Gibbs
    Arteta

QPR 3 - 2 Liverpool

Derry (3)
    Young (2)
    Downing (2)

No BPs for Bale or RVP, nuts!

In the same boat, shocked and dissapointed :confused:

• Advertisement

Those bonus points are absoluetly shocking tbh.

Thanos wrote: »
    In the same boat, shocked and dissapointed :confused:

I'm surprised. Happy, but surprised! By the sounds of it Bale deserved something.

And Walcott gets another 2, glad I held onto him now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Strange RVP didn't get one for his assist. The same for Bale.

I'm surprised. Happy, but surprised! By the sounds of it Bale deserved something.

And Walcott gets another 2, glad I held onto him now!

That sums it up right there. Walcott was absolutely shocking last night. Look at the ratings from the papers and he barely registers.

It all evens out over the course of the season, but it does show what a cr@p system it is.

Now I know why we've been waiting so long... they were busy trying to find my team and figuring out who to avoid giving BPs to.

carlcon wrote: »
    Now I know why we've been waiting so long... they were busy trying to find my team and figuring out who to avoid giving BPs to.

I stopped getting annoyed about them a while ago.

C'est la vie.

I may have missed out this week but I'm sure I'll gain from some shocking BP decision next week or at some stage :D

I'm sure the reasons will be explained in the scout review!

Bale & RVP had weak claims to BP's anyways considering the stats involved in determining what gets them. Im not too bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

K toure for city game? Must be a mistake had to be yaya! Kolo would of been one of the last people to get bps based on both the stupid system and by normal rationale!

POKERKING wrote: »
    K toure for city game? Must be a mistake had to be yaya! Kolo would of been one of the last people to get bps based on both the stupid system and by normal rationale!

YaYa is incredibly lucky as it is not to have an own goal to his name this morning. Shocking lack of consistency! Cahill would have hit the corner flag with that "shot".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

anyone have any idea whats keeping them from completing the week?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement