Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyeing the liffey blue all year round

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Roses are red
    Water is blue
    dubs are dirty bastards
    and so are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just clean the f*cking thing. I'd rather it be green and clean, then blue and still have all that other sh!te that you tend to see in it. It's filthy and looks like sewege. People would think we just dump all our crap into it and are happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,319 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

yes it is

Turn on your tap. Tell me if the stuff that comes out is blue.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Water IS blue, but the colour is so faint that you need substantial volumes of the stuff to see the blue, like in a swimming pool or a large tank in an aquarium.

The Liffey may not have an alluring colour but it is pretty clean these days compared to the 1970s and 80s when, as that Bagatelle song goes, "it stank like hell.":pac:

City council should do much more to clear the river bed of shopping trollies, road cones, bikes and other assorted junk. It doesn't look good at low tide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

bleg wrote: »
    Something can be clear and still have a colour.:pac::pac::pac:

It can be transparent and have colour, to be truly clear it wouldn't reflect light so wouldn't have a colour.

What colour is the wind...........daddy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think the government should just drug the OP so that he sees everything as being blue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Sindri wrote: »
    Water is wet............

So what would dry ice be then??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

disgusting

paddy147 wrote: »

Dry ice. Wet water. Moist moisture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Water IS blue, but the colour is so faint that you need substantial volumes of the stuff to see the blue, like in a swimming pool or a large tank in an aquarium.

The Liffey may not have an alluring colour but it is pretty clean these days compared to the 1970s and 80s when, as that Bagatelle song goes, "it stank like hell.":pac:

City council should do much more to clear the river bed of shopping trollies, road cones, bikes and other assorted junk. It doesn't look good at low tide.

No it's not. Pour yourself a glass of water and tell me what colour it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Re Salmon
    44leto wrote: »
    I THINK it is this time of year you will see them going up the river from any of the city bridges.

Summer salmon (or Grilse as they are known) are probably easier to spot in the city rivers. I regularly see them in the Lee in Cork downstream of the bridges. Although they have a lovely silver colour when out of the water, in the water they have a brown back. Very common if you know what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just clean the f*cking thing. I'd rather it be green and clean, then blue and still have all that other sh!te that you tend to see in it.

It is clean. What do you tend to see in it? Last year I saw an otter a few minutes from the city centre. They need fish, fish need clean water.. work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

I think we should paint all the junkies faces blue , it would be nice and they wouldnt even notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

DarkJager wrote: »
    JupiterKid wrote: »

No it's not. Pour yourself a glass of water and tell me what colour it is.
    He said substantial amounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I often wonder how many layers of shopping trolleys and bicycles are in the silt banks and river bed of the Liffey. I mean, there must be bloody bicycles burried down there from 100 years ago!

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I often wonder how many layers of shopping trolleys and bicycles are in the silt banks and river bed of the Liffey. I mean, there must be bloody bicycles burried down there from 100 years ago!

Probably a fortune in scrap metal

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Duiske wrote: »
    And slaughter those feck'in seagulls. with their precision guided bird turds.
    being shat on by a bird if am not mistaken of peoples superstitions is supposed to be lucky :D,if are being shat on by them on a regular basis perhaps they are trying to spread extra luck or are under a 'hit' contract within the seagull underworld.

more likely we need a organised cull of humans-they knowingly spread more crap & disease than anyone else and will quite often call lesser developed more vulnerable species such as rats and pigeons the vermin for unknowingly doing the same thing when they do not have the understanding nor facilities to help themselves.

as for the liffey dyeing,we have our own dyeing system in place in the manchester ship canal,its called pollution dumping, shopping trolleys ,burnt out cars and all sorts of other manky water reactive crap that currently sleeps with the non existant fishes.
    its a bit like one of those hypercolor tshirts,it changes colour depending on the heat and sunlight direction.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Samich wrote: »
    No it's not, it's the skies reflection
    Urban myth. It is actually blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

A dyed blue river running through the city would look strange, the rivers fine as is and seems fairly clean already.Leave it be.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

paddy147 wrote: »

I just have to mention here that dry ice is frozen Carbon Dioxide, so not water....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Whatever about dying it; they could clean it up. It's a wonderful natural resource in the City which would look great it taken care of. Particularly up near Huston where the level is quite low and has yukky muck bank with trollys showing.

I always found it odd that it wasn't better looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

He said substantial amounts.
    2 glasses so.

Advertisement