Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapists in Cork City

Options
  • 17-03-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey,

Does anyone know of any good physio or sports injury therapist in the cork city area? I heard there is a good one by CUH but can't find any details on it! Would appreciate some advice! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

I've been to this place in blackrock/mahon a few times for running related injuries and have found them quite good:
    http://www.touchstone.ie/blackrockhall/physiotherapy

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Is it the Kilross clinic you're thinking of? It's opposite the bishopstiwn bar. I've been there a few times and would definitely recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

declan o'sullivan is up in dillons cross, he was the cork physio for a while (not sure if he's still involved). would definitely recommend him, had a problem with my hamstrings for years which i could never sort despite going to various physios, he identified the problem after 5 mins and they've been fine since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vicki123

if your willing to travel to fermoy; SallyAnne is great in the medical center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Eric Wolfe at the Cork Therapy Centre is good. Located at the shopping centre in Tower. Also working some days at the Mardyke Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Used to go to Eddie Hartnett in the Brookfield clinic up in Togher, and he was very good. Have heard he's moved to Ballincollig I think since. Worth travelling to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Used to go to Eddie Hartnett in the Brookfield clinic up in Togher, and he was very good. Have heard he's moved to Ballincollig I think since. Worth travelling to though.
    Nesa longs practice in douglas is well established.there are about 8 physios in there. Handy parking in tescos too.I have found they dont clock watch
    Like some physios do, a lot of the time you would get about 50 mins for your session.50 eu
    ro a go not cheap I know but seems to be the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I can highly recommend Wilton Physiotherapy on the Glasheen road - no connection. I have been to other physios before, but Deirdre was great at diagnosing my problem and had me fixed very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

I was constantly having muscle spasms in my back (occupational hazard).

But I went to a physiotherapist center in Blackpool and i have NOT had another problem since. I could not believe it.
    The physiotherapist I had is a genius. I think she is also the physio for the ladies gaa team too.

check the site here

I only went to her twice. I could not believe I got the problem resolved so easily as i have heard people struggle to find the right help/solution for back problems.

Who ever you run with please do let us know who you chose and how you got on.

PS She only charges €50/session - well she did 1.5 yrs ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

Mary byrne on st patricks quay are very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

I've been to Wilton Physio on the Glasheen Rd. and found it really good (wiltonphysio.ie). The therapist, Deirdre, spent loads of time on the trouble spots my back and neck. In the past I've found that I have to spell out where the problems are for physios but she knew exactly where they were and did a better job than I've had before. Definitely worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Must give a +1 recommendation to BlackPool Physiotherapy Centre. Both the girls Clodagh and Denise really know their stuff. I also recommended them to a family member who found them great. Very competent and thorough. Highly recommend. Also doing a Yoga class there and they offer Pilates classes too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭CaptainPendulum

NealB wrote: »
    I've been to Wilton Physio on the Glasheen Rd. and found it really good (wiltonphysio.ie).

+1 to this. Was fixed very quickly and recommended to others who were also happy. Free parking is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

way too many glowing endorsements here for my liking :D
    OP, is it OK if I piggy back this thread? If not tell me to feck off and I will start a new thread.

Of all of those who posted, were your problems sports related injuries?
    I have a very specific hip/hip flexor injury due to running and it has totally stopped me in my tracks.

I would like to go to a physio who could help diagnose the problem and either help me to recovery or be honest and tell me there's not much that can be done. I don't want a bluffer telling me to come back for repeated sessions only to tell me I need to stretch more by the end of it (I stretch plenty) etc.

If anyone can give me a recommendation I'd be grateful.
    Thanks.

OP, is it OK if I piggy back this thread? If not tell me to feck off and I will start a new thread.

I have a very specific hip/hip flexor injury due to running and it has totally stopped me in my tracks.

I would like to go to a physio who could help diagnose the problem and either help me to recovery or be honest and tell me there's not much that can be done. I don't want a bluffer telling me to come back for repeated sessions only to tell me I need to stretch more by the end of it (I stretch plenty) etc.

Thanks.

Hi RFR,

I have no connection to Wilton Physio just a happy customer. My own issue was neck-related and nothing to do with sports! I note from going there though that Deirdre is a runner herself has completed a few marathons if that helps things at all.

Loire.

Loire wrote: »
    Hi RFR,

I have no connection to Wilton Physio just a happy customer. My own issue was neck-related and nothing to do with sports! I note from going there though that Deirdre is a runner herself has completed a few marathons if that helps things at all.

Loire.

thanks Loire, that does help. I need to see a physio, went for first run in 10 days and hip flexor flared up again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Thanks.

My injury was hip related including bursitis and psoas strain. I too was running although not competitively or for huge distances and was completely out of the game for about 3 months.

I found the initial diagnosis @ Blackpool to be extremely thorough and found the subsequent treatment to be successful through slow and frustrating at times. (Not a reflection on the providers).

Denise has a pilates background and has been heaving involved in sport herself which to me gives her the edge.

thanks Loire, that does help. I need to see a physio, went for first run in 10 days and hip flexor flared up again :(

My own father used to run a lot and he still says that running is so unfair....most other sports, if you were laid off for a few weeks you'd get back into the swing of it pretty quickly....often after a coming back from a 3 week holiday (without running) he used to say you almost started from scratch again! Dunno how ye do it!

Best of luck in any case!

Loire.

• Advertisement

Loire wrote: »
    My own father used to run a lot and he still says that running is so unfair....most other sports, if you were laid off for a few weeks you'd get back into the swing of it pretty quickly....often after a coming back from a 3 week holiday (without running) he used to say you almost started from scratch again! Dunno how ye do it!

Best of luck in any case!

Loire.

he's dead right, even two weeks of not running you lose the edge. I suppose it also depends on the level you're at in your peak but it's so easy to lose it and so hard to regain it. That's my situation now, I'm not running with the club because I'd be way off the mark and I want to get this hip sorted and then work on fitness again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Anybody know the name of the Physio Clinic on Donnybrook hill?

Are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Again...no connection other than a happy customer....

But for any running injuries particularly the one RFR has (as I had one too), I can't recommend Brian at Muskerry Physio in Ballincollig enough... good craic and a damn good Physio too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Must give a +1 recommendation to BlackPool Physiotherapy Centre. Both the girls Clodagh and Denise really know their stuff. I also recommended them to a family member who found them great. Very competent and thorough. Highly recommend. Also doing a Yoga class there and they offer Pilates classes too :)

+1
    I went to them for two separate issues and found them excellent. I also did a beginners Pilates class there too. I recommended to a friend who also found them to be very good.

Advertisement