Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 11 Results

Options
  • 17-03-2012 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Green Bay 45-14 Chicago

The Packers regain control at the top of the NFC North with a solid victory over the Chicago Bears. The game started with Chicago mounting a brilliant opening drive which took 5 minutes off the clock and resulted in a TD. After that, the Green Bay Defense got hold of the Bears and didn't give up a single point for the rest of the game. Green Bay stuck to their West Coast Offense with Jake Locker finishing with 14/19 for 260 yards and 3 TDs and just the one pick but it was returned for a TD with the Bears.

8-2 and the CPU Saints up next before the rematch with the Bears where a win would almost guarantee the NFC North for the Pack.

Thanks for the game Paddy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Browns win the toss and defer the kick.

On the Seahawks first play, veteran LB Gerald Hayes takes him downtown to painsville with a crunching sack.
    The Hawks stutter and stumble and have to punt it away.

Dalton comes out for the Browns first offensive drive and on the first play runs it himself for 8 yards.
    Browns have to eventually punt it away.

Seahawks retain possession for the rest of the 1st quarter.

0-0

2nd Quarter.
    Seattle has the ball inside the browns half, but the Browns defence forces them to kick it over.

3-0 SEA

Browns have to punt it away on their next possession.

Seahawks QB gets hit hard again and stays down. The report from the medical centre says Turf Toe and Matty Stafford won't be back for the remainder of the game. Trent Edwards comes in to take his place. Browns redzone defence steps up again, force the hawks to kick.

6-0 SEA

Dalton to Shockey connect for a good 32 yard sideline grab but the booth says no good.
    Browns punt it away again.
    With less than two minutes left in the half the Seahawks are looking to move down the field, but the Cleveland D# says no that that. Three consectutive sacks and a time out give the browns the ball back with 0:50 left.

Browns look DEEEEPPPPPP but it's picked off.
    Three plays later and the Browns get it back again.
    0:20 left in the half.
    Browns just run the clock out.

6-0 SEA.

3rd Quarter

Browns receive the ball and the Cleveland return man makes it to the 9 yard line instead of letting it go for a touchback. Dalton to Shockey picks up 33 yards and Shockey gets a boo-boo on his elbow :(
    Dalton to Jones picks up another chunk of yardage, then James Starks on the ground runs it for six yards and an injury. Our sideline reporter can tell us that Jeremy Shockeys injury is a sprained elbow, not serious but he will miss the remainder of the game as a precaution. Starks is out for the game with a bruised sternum.
    A 55 yard attempt falls inches under the crossbar.
    Seahawks have good field position but instantly go 3 and out. As do the Browns.

Seahawks get a TD on a clever pass and a great down field block. They go for two, but don't convert. 12-0 SEA.

On the next kickoff return, Browns Star Rookie LB Reggie Cooper is sidelined with a Quadricep Strain for the rest of the game. With 3 key starters having been targeted and injured the Browns GM is writing a letter to the Commish :mad:

Shockeys replacement Alge Clumper makes his presence felt. Picking up 2 first downs on two catches for 60 yards. On the next play, Browns #2 RB Dexter McCluxter gets hit hard and is carted off the pitch with what turns out to be a pectoral sprain.

End of 3rd Quarter.
    12-0 SEA

4th Quarter.
    Browns are knocking on the door with the ball at the 10 yard line. Rookie QB DeMarcus Lattimore takes one for the team doing what he was drafted for and runs it into the endzone. Feeley is good. 12-7 SEA 6:09; left in the game.

Seattle QB throws the ball towards a Browns LB who just bats it away, dispite my rather loud plea for him to "ahhh pick it!!".
    Seattle punt it into the endzone. Browns have the ball on their own 20 yard line with 4:00 to go, and 2 timeouts down by 5. Have to punt it away on 4th and 9 though. Running game hasn't open up at all.
    Peyton Hillis breaks a tackle and is in the endzone. 19-7 SEA and surely that is all she wrote.
    Browns overthrow a pass, then the receiver gets hit and it's knocked loose, then it's thrown away, then they don't pick up the first down. Turnover on downs.
    Hillis gets into the endzone again????

Lattimore runs for a first, Dalton tags back in and hits Lloyd deep for 50 yards. Then it's picked off in the endzone....... Hillis picks up a first down and this one is over.....

I always seem to blow it late in the 4th :(
    Final score is 26-7 to Seattle.
    MOTM: Couldn't care less :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Unlucky Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders vs. Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

Raiders receive, try to run it but go 3 and out. Patriots work the ball down the field but stall and settle for a field goal. The Raiders again can do nothing and punt it away. The Patriots throw an interception to Roman Harper. The Raiders run the ball and use screen passes to get to the Patriots 1 yard line on 1st and goal. Sammy Morris gets stuffed twice and the Raiders toss it to MJD for the score. The Raiders get the ball back from a Patriots punt and work it down the field for a field goal. The Patriots score a passing TD just before half time to level it up at 10 all. The Patriots punt it to the Raiders who score the exact same way they scored their first TD. 17-10. Again they get the ball from a Patriots punt and Matt Schaub throws a screen pass TD to MJD. 24-10. After that nothing much happens and the Raiders win.

MJD got around 140 yards on 40 touches, Jon Beason smashed him a few times and the Patriots front 7 is the best non-jets front 7 I've seen. He also caught 16 passes for 160 yards (I never experiment with the cpu, just use screen passes to pad the stats). Schaub was 16 for 16 for 160 yards and a score, no picks. Roman Harper got 2 interceptions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Jags at Titans.
    Jags receive first.

Game starts off the same way as the last one, Tavaris Jackson making QB runs and then when he stays in the pocket the Titans D hammering him (8 sacks in the last game)
    Panthers punt
    Titans make decent progress to midfield then Best gets tackled for a 10 yard loss and while looking for Amendola to get free McNabb gets hammered 3rd and 28! and again.. my O-line is not doing very well!

0-0 at the end of the first.

Panthers get down the field and end up settling for a FG.

3-0 with 5 in the half.

Titans struggle and punt it away they stop the Panthers and get a sack but Timmons is out for the game and probably a few more with an abdominal tear.

Titans get up the field pretty easily this time with a couple of good passes and combining with Best pounding it and getting a 10 yard TD.

3-7 with 1:02 in the half.

Panthers get down field with the help one one enormous throw.. then Jackson gets tackled and injured and the Panthers get a FG.

6-7 with 26 seconds in the game.

A couple of throws to Best see the Titans get to FG range, Finley gets open but McNabb over throws it, Titans go for a 8 yard FG but only get to 95% power with a small headwind and it doesnt have the distance.

The Titans receive and punt, no sign of Jackson...and the Titans D also puts 2 other Panthers starters into the medical bay with enormous hits but dont get any fumbles.

Another QB sack and it leaves the Panthers with a FG.

9-7 Panthers with 9:30 in the game

Titans throw it with ease to get to just within FG range.. then what seems like a open WR and a TD gets picked :mad:

Titans get the ball back with 5 mins left in the game.

Bush makes good progress and then on a 3rd and 1 McNabb hands it to the FB to get the fresh set of downs.
    Inside the 2 min warning.. on 3rd and 9... McNabb hits Steve Breaston and the Titans get to the 23 yard line and into FG range.

Best struggles and the Titans are on 3rd and 8 the Panthers have used 2 of their TO's.
    Best takes a break and Reggie Bush gets the Titans up to the 6 yard line.

Best goes in for a TD.
    9-13 Titans
    Pressed the wrong button :confused:and am going for 2 and dont make it

I'm thinking now i should have knelt it and then kicked a FG.
    But...
    The QB gets hammered by Rookie FS Mark LeGree.. and Osi Umenyioura picks it up and runs the short distance to the end zone.

9-20 Titans with 50 seconds left.

Panthers cant do anything and go for it on 4th and 1 and dont make it.
    Titans get the ball at the 25 yard line.
    Titans decide to padd the stats and hit Reggie Bush in the end zone who dives to make the catch.

9-27 Titans

Osi Umenyioura gets MVP with 2 sacks, 2 TFL's and a TD

Some stats:

Titans offense 261 yards with 108 rushing
    Panthers 202 yards with 88 rushing
    Titans 3rd down conversion won them this game with 61% vs 30%

McNabb with a QB rating of 83 with 11 from 19 173 yards 1 TD and 1 Int

Best with a poor showing on the ground today, 82 yards from 26 carries but 2 TDs.

In the air however he got 96 yards from 7 catches

On Defense
    6.5 sacks for the Titans

Timmons out for 3 weeks :(

A very tough game for one reason, Tavaris Jackson kept running the ball whenever I had the Panthers looking at 3rd and long and he kept getting them downs and i couldnt stop him.
    If he had stayed in the game i would have lost I think.
    Only got comfortable in the last couple of minutes

Titans show that AFC South is a hard place to visit by putting Jackson out for the game, Butler WR out with broken ribs for 4 weeks, B Cushing MLD out for 8 weeks .

Dave and his Browns up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Colts grind out another win in a fairly uninteresting game (the first attempt at this game was a much more entertaining affair).

McFadden puts up 138 yards and 2 TDs on the Steelers top class rush defence.

Rivers hits 6 different receivers as the Colts try to move away from their over reliance on Davis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

matthew8 wrote: »
    Schaub was 16 for 16 for 160 yards and a score, no picks.

Nice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Beat the chiefs 22-3 in the end. First game was a restart , was winning 6-3 in the fourth in that one. Fosters first game back saw him run of the rust! Running for over a 100 yards. Woodhead chipped in with 70 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Happy enough , the chiefs offense was brutal but there defense is a solid one ! The Bills go 5-5 are looking good for a play off spot now. Key games agAinst the Cowboys, giants and the Colts . Gotta believe I need 2 out of 3 wins from this games.

Beat the chiefs 22-3 in the end. First game was a restart , was winning 6-3 in the fourth in that one. Fosters first game back saw him run of the rust! Running for over a 100 yards. Woodhead chipped in with 70 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Happy enough , the chiefs offense was brutal but there defense is a solid one ! The Bills go 5-5 are looking good for a play off spot now. Key games agAinst the Cowboys, giants and the Colts . Gotta believe I need 2 out of 3 wins from this games.

Colts will hopefully be in a position to rest some players by week 17 which should give the Bills a great chance if both teams pick up a few wins between now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals have another disappointing loss against a better team, 49ers win the game well. Good chatting to you Adrian.

Going to play Mass Effect, much more enjoyable at the moment with this bad losing streak.

AFC North is the division that no-one seems to want to take hold of at the moment, Ravens have great opportunity against the Texans.

Come on Pudsy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers improve to 8-2 after beating the Bengals.

A good game overall, probably decided by 2 interceptions thrown by Cam Newton.

don't have the exact details to hand but from LM, Newton went 9 of19 for 144 yards, 2TD's and 2 Picks.

Cassell went 12 of13 for 224 yards.

Michael Turner had 65 yards from 11 atts while Charles had 169 yards from 29 attempts.

49ers hit Kenny Britt 6 times while the favourite target for the Bengals was Hernandez with 4 receptions.

apart from the 2 picks I think the game was quite close, I was forced to kick plenty of FG's and Charles fumbled one ball as he was going into the endzone.

Charles also had one big run for a TD, which was crucial coming right after a Bengals score.

Cheers for the game Rob, best of luck for the rest of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just went 5-5 too Dave. Beat the Saints 52-26. Chris Johnson had a very mixed game. Ran for over 300 yards and got 5 TDs but also had 2 fumbles (even though LM says only 1). My next game is my first against the Bears this season. If I win that I think I have a really good chance of getting into the playoffs but I will still have to play the Packers and the Bears again after that. So it really is a game that could decide my season.

Edit - I will have some last two weeks if I am still in the hunt for the playoffs, have Santry in week 16 and then the Bears in week 17. Not looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Bengals have another disappointing loss against a better team.
    AFC North is the division that no-one seems to want to take hold of at the moment, Ravens have great opportunity against the Texans.

Come on Pudsy!

Oh god....we are the new AFC West :eek: :(

The play offs are going to be very very tight this year.

Bills
    Bengals/Ravens
    Titans -Pretty sure the Colts will win the AFC South
    Broncos/Raiders/Chargers

all in the mix.

2 of those teams will win the division.
    A key game could be Titans Vs Ravens on the last gameday.
    Both teams could need the win for a wildcard!

The play offs are going to be very very tight this year.

Bills
    Bengals/Ravens
    Titans -Pretty sure the Colts will win the AFC South
    Broncos/Raiders/Chargers

all in the mix.

2 of those teams will win the division.
    A key game could be Titans Vs Ravens on the last gameday.
    Both teams could need the win for a wildcard!

Assuming I don't bottle it towards the end of the regular season again and we give the divisions to those who are edging them at the moment we have

AFC East - Jets 10-0 (unbeaten)
    AFC South - Colts 8-2 (won last 8 after starting 0-2)
    AFC West - Broncos 6-3 (won 4 from last 5)
    AFC North - Ravens 4-5 (lost 5 from last 6)

Wildcards:
    Titans 6-4 (have won 5 of last 6)
    Bills 5-5 (have won 5 of last 6)
    Raiders 5-5 (have won last 3)
    Chargers 4-5 (have won 4 from last 6)
    Jags 4-5 (CPU team, unlikely to be in the running come the end of season)
    Bengals 4-6 (have lost last 4)
    Browns 3-7

AFC East - Jets have the division, Bills will be in the mix for wildcard again
    AFC South - Colts should take division but Titans will push them and are front runners for wildcard consolation prize
    AFC West - Broncos have edge right now but 3 teams playing well at the moment. Anything could happen here. This week's Chargers v Broncos is a huge game.
    AFC North - Anything could happen here too but it's the opposite of the West. Not looking good for a wildcard spot on current form but division could be taken by anyone except the Steelers.

Perfect time for the Ravens to seize control of the Division :cool:
    Ravens 4-5 (lost 5 from last 6)

Shocking form :o

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons lost 17 - 6 to the Vikings. I hate Tom Brady so much right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    Just went 5-5 too Dave. Beat the Saints 52-26. Chris Johnson had a very mixed game. Ran for over 300 yards and got 5 TDs but also had 2 fumbles (even though LM says only 1). My next game is my first against the Bears this season. If I win that I think I have a really good chance of getting into the playoffs but I will still have to play the Packers and the Bears again after that. So it really is a game that could decide my season.

Edit - I will have some last two weeks if I am still in the hunt for the playoffs, have Santry in week 16 and then the Bears in week 17. Not looking forward to that.

If you beat Paddy next week then it's unlikely many of my starters will take the field against you. So that's extra incentive :p

McG wrote: »
    AFC South - Colts should take division but Titans will push them and are front runners for wildcard consolation prize

Hopefully but I'm still a couple of games behind and dont think i'll catch you tbh,

Titans Colts

Browns (?) Texans (W)
    Texans (W) Panthers (W)
    Steelers (W) Saints (W)
    Jags (W) Bengals (?)
    Broncos (?) Texans (W)
    Ravens (?) Bills (?)

I think the results will pan out as above.
    Brows, will be a tough game, however with a win I hope the win my next 3.
    Broncos and Ravens will both me important and tough games with both teams chasing the division/wild cards.

Colts - hoping for a favour or 2 more specifically! from Pudsy.
    Bengals and Bills are the 2 key games here.
    Bengals will be chasing the division/wildcard and the Bills will be looking for a wildcard too.

Interesting times ahead anyway :D

Hopefully but I'm still a couple of games behind and dont think i'll catch you tbh,

Titans Colts

Browns (?) Texans (W)
    Texans (W) Panthers (W)
    Steelers (W) Saints (W)
    Jags (W) Bengals (?)
    Broncos (?) Texans (W)
    Ravens (?) Bills (?)

I think the results will pan out as above.
    Brows, will be a tough game, however with a win I hope the win my next 3.
    Broncos and Ravens will both me important and tough games with both teams chasing the division/wild cards.

Colts - hoping for a favour or 2 more specifically! from Pudsy.
    Bengals and Bills are the 2 key games here.
    Bengals will be chasing the division/wildcard and the Bills will be looking for a wildcard too.

Interesting times ahead anyway :D

I'm confident that I'll make the playoffs again but I really want to take back the AFC South title this season. I can't count on my good playoff form (7-3) lasting forever so want something else to show for the season

With Pudsey playing you once and me twice, he could have a big impact on this division yet. A late season loss to the Texans last season (along with losses to the Titans and Ravens) cost me the division last season after holding a 10-2 record at week 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The Texans players feel they've let themselves down by playing themselves out of contention for a playoff place, expect a backlash in the second half of the season :cool:

Hopefully :pac:

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The Texans players feel they've let themselves down by playing themselves out of contention for a playoff place, expect a backlash in the second half of the season :cool:
    Hopefully :pac:

The week you play me, take that off and the 2 weeks you play the Colts feel free to backlash away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Golden boys start turning around their season. Rams 24 Eagles 19! A hard fought match with plenty of highlights including a safety with rwo seconds left in the first that didnt get me any points!?!? And a pick6 by Rookie J.Joplin earning him a motm and my utmost praise. Good game with a big comeback by the Eagles who just ran out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

madalig12 wrote: »
    Golden boys start turning around their season. Rams 24 Eagles 19! A hard fought match with plenty of highlights including a safety with rwo seconds left in the first that didnt get me any points!?!? And a pick6 by Rookie J.Joplin earning him a motm and my utmost praise. Good game with a big comeback by the Eagles who just ran out of time.

Thats a hell of a result for the NFC East, Cowboys and Giants playing tomorrow night, it's getting interesting

Any injuries of note? perhaps The Eagles running back?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Thats a hell of a result for the NFC East, Cowboys and Giants playing tomorrow night, it's getting interesting

Was just about to post exactly this!

Looking forward to our game tomorrow night mate, if it's anything like our last one it will be a cracker and there's a lot to play for with the Eagles getting beat by the Rams.

Hopefully we won't have any connection problems like the last time as it would be a shame if we had to sim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Right guys im done with M12 for the time being. Will be back for 13. Not particular happy with tonight either.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Right guys im done with M12 for the time being. Will be back for 13. Not particular happy with tonight either.

You're still winning your division, you sure you won't see out the season?

What happened tonight?

42-20 loss for the Buccs

Extremly enjoyable game

The lead swopping back and forth

Sam Bradford completed every pass on the first drive, main passes were a slant to the outside which Julian Edelman broke for 36yds and a PA pass to Jason Witten for 18yds
    Michael Bush HB punched it in for a TD

A Texans receiver fumbled the ball early in the second quarter and Jay Cutler shows he is multi skilled by tacking FS Eric Weddle right at the goalline

Ravens were confident of punching it in with Michael Bush and their mighty Oline.
    However LaMarr Woodley annihilated Michael Bush at the goalline for a forced fumble
    Brutal hit :eek:. I thought my HB had been broken in two

Ravens add a FG in the second quarter and then Houston return the kickoff for a TD.

Half time Ravens 10 Houston 7

Texans get the upper hand in the turnover battle, Leron Landry with a brutal hit for a forced fumble and recovery
    Two FGs from Gostowski in the third quarter and Texans have the lead

Game to play for in the fourth
    Houston fooled me with their zone defense and got a pick six

Ravens battle back valiantly and Jason Witten almost went the length of the field for a TD, just a shoelace tackle and Witten stumbles and falls realy sloooowly about fifteen yards down the field later all on his own

Ravens get the TD but Texans manage to convert and move the chains and burn the Ravens timeouts

Game finished 20-17

I see my rivals the Browns and Bengals lost too so Ravens remain the best team in the AFC North :cool:

Does anyone want to win this division??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The Texans edge the Ravens 20-17 in a hard fought battle in Baltimore. In a game dominated by defences, both offenses were held for under 200 yards. Some interesting stats from this one.

Adrian Peterson (Texans) went for 69 yards from 10 attempts, although the texans opted to keep the ball in the air as much as possible.

Michael Bush Texans (Ravens) was held to 42 yards of 21 attempts, an average of 2 per carry.

This was down to the work of Lamaar Woodley and Aj Hawk, who made sevens tackes each, and 8 of those 14 were behind the line of scrimmage.

Mike Jenkins (Ravens) led his team with 7 tackles also.

The Ravens recievers outshone their opponents, with Edelman and TE Witten both getting 60+ recieving yards. Stever Smith sr was the leading Texan with 37.

Special mention to rookie CB Chuckie Murray (Texans) who scored both Tds for his team, a 102 yard kick return and a 41 yard pick six.

• Advertisement

Thanks Pudsy
    That should help come play off time, now please do the same to the Colts!

Advertisement