Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House break-ins (Balbriggan)

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've deleted a number of posts emanating from an unrelated incident

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Just to let you know a friend of mine rang me to say he seen a <snip> van going around the pinwood area.He followed it to Fancourt and then the guy clocked him and left.Its been reported to the Garda.It was a <snip>.
    Lock up,Cathy

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If the Guards have released details of vehicles (or individuals) they are looking for, that's fine to repeat here, but do not post any details of vehicles or individuals you think (or may have heard) may be suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

Alarms on sale past the tills in tesco, leaflets being Put in people's doors ( and being left sticking out of letter Boxes, hope your not on holidays, very irresponsible by the people doing that !! ) warning of breakin's, meetings being held that no one hears about, and talk on here, BUT not one mention of FACT, how many houses have actually been robbed? Why would burgalars stay in one town for so long, does not make any sense, I really am beginning to smell "the hype it" up rat! Can anyone actually back up their statements with fact??

Just curious, haven't heard much on this lately, have the recent spate of non-stop break-ins subsided since the arrests?

I would never get complacent; just wondering whether there has been a noticable difference since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

leaflets being Put in people's doors ( and being left sticking out of letter Boxes, hope your not on holidays, very irresponsible by the people doing that !! )

I was appalled when I came home and saw all the little white flaps in all my neighbours letterboxes yesterday, I have a post box the really " observant " individual failed to see mounted on the wall so they placed it under a flowerpot at the front door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Anyone else noticing a trend on Local area Facebook Pages about missing cats, dogs, rabbits and horses? Some of those toy dogs ain't cheap, Is a criminal gang targeting Pets in NCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Anyone else noticing a trend on Local area Facebook Pages about missing cats, dogs, rabbits and horses? Some of those toy dogs ain't cheap, Is a criminal gang targeting Pets in NCD?
    No.
    I think there's a missing pets Ireland web page with a Facebook functionality which makes it easier to share an alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

In Balbriggan.

Looks like its happening again. Knock on the door this morning and my wife answered. Your man was surprised and asked is "so and so in", needless to say nobody of that name living in my house, so off he went into a silver car and drove off with his mate.

Gards been informed. So be careful.

Added: And just been told that on balbriggan.net's facebook, there were breakins last weekend in dun saithne, that's up near Dunnes in castle mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hi all my uncles house was broken into yesterday evening at 8.30-9.
    He lives in Fancourt height.two pensioners living alone. .spend their day in and out of Beaumont . I was over with my Aunty she was upset . The forensic Garda had just left and she had to go and see if the gold bangle my uncle got her for her 21 was still there.
    They took the Christmas presents she bought for family and money she had put by for Christmas . Her jewellery was gone that she could see. She wanted someone to take the bed clothes as she felt sick of the idea they had been on her bed. I'm just thankful she was out. She's 65 my uncle is 66. It was a youn person that was dropped off in a red car. We have a good few witness,s thank god and Garda done there bit but nothing can give back to my Aunty what was taken. It wasn't just money and jewellery but security and fait in mankind.
    So PLEASE do all you can to lock up and be safe and keep an eye on the elderly who are most vulnerable .thanks cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

If you spot any suspicious vehicles you can do a quick reg check on cartell.ie to see if the reg comes back to that type of vehicle. If it doesn't match get onto the Garda with the details immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

markad1 wrote: »
    If you spot any suspicious vehicles you can do a quick reg check on cartell.ie to see if the reg comes back to that type of vehicle. If it doesn't match get onto the Garda with the details immediately.

and on the motor tax website also - probably more reliable than cartell actually
    https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do;jsessionid=0aa0114730d8717edd66cea14617af8482c3e2e7b91f.e38PaNaSbh0RaO0Lah4Me0?page=welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

I disagree, they will get a plate from the same colour and make of car thats legit and put that on, thats why you shudn't put your car/bike up for sale with the reg plate on show as that makes it to easy, if you see a suspicious car, call it in full stop, Gards won't mind!

Possibly unrelated but my ex's car was broken into last night/today (not sure) in Martello; attempted hot wire, failed, stereo gone, car's a write off. It was a 15 year old Corsa worth nothing but scrap, so probably more likely wanted for use than for resale.

Advertisement