Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stopping for Coffee - C&C

• 17-03-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I'm new to the boards so I thought I'd put something basic up to see how a C&C actually goes. Its a simple shot I took while I was having lunch, I was wandering the city that day doing a little street photography then went on a photowalk that same evening but thought I'd post the simplest shot of the day before posting anything too involved. So have at it :)

6842598200_bbe57c367a.jpg

original image here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hello Lisa, for me there's no obvious point of interest really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I agree with Kelly1 above - that for me, there's not much going on it it. That said, it is what it is and if that's the kind of thing that floats your boat then fire ahead. The border takes from it imho (as it does with almost any image viewed online so you can see where i'm coming from there). On the positive side, I am a fan of lots of shadows and highlights, so aesthetically i'd be quite a fan of the style. There's just nothing there to keep my interest. I prefer such a photograph which tells a story. Here, there doesn't appear to be a story. Perhaps a non square(ish) format would work better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I like it. Nice pattern with the three tables and the b&w and light reflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 meenaghans

if there was an ash tray on the third table and if the table was in line it would be better.
    you could try blurring the third table

i like the black and white aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Thanks for the feedback guys, I dileberatly picked a recent image that I was of two minds about in the first place. I liked the light at the time and the lines and patterns of the tables and chairs, it certainly is not the most interesting of images but it was nice to see how the C&C goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I like it. Something on the 3rd table like a little vase would make it a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 meenaghans

hi lisa
    Do you mind if i download the photo and ill try change it a bit like i was saying and will show you then.

or if you want to send me on a small version as you have downloads disabled

Advertisement