Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog licking fur off

• 17-03-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

My dog is licking and biting the top of her front legs. Today I noticed the fur is gone in patches. She has allergies to mites so it could be cos her skin is itchy. Is there anything I can do to discourage her so the patches can clear up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey anamaria,

My advice is bring her to your vet and get a spot on that treats mites. As far as I'm aware Frontline is the only one that does. Then it might be a good idea to maybe bandage the areas that she's been licking so she can't get at it or they might give you a buster collar to discourage her too.

Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sounds like a hot spot all right...

OP - try putting used teabags on it, to try and ease the itching. Alternatively, try putting a couple of drops of tea tree or lavender oil in warm water and bathing it until you can get to a vet.

Advertisement