Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 800 lumia - HDMI out?

Options
  • 17-03-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have heard 10 opinions as to whether the 800 has HDMI out or not (via an adaptor cable). Has anyone ACTUALLY USED this feature successfully?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Not according to Nokia, no.

http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/support/faq/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA136729_en_US
    Does Nokia Lumia devices support TV-out? - Nokia FAQ

Nokia Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 do not support TV-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mnolan

Thanks Earthly. I presume this is correct. However, Mobile Fun (normally reliable!) and others are selling an adaptor. I would still like to hear from Lumia owners. It seems like a glaring omission not to support it especially when the phone has micro USB which can normally support an HDMI adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

mnolan wrote: »
    Thanks Earthly. I presume this is correct. However, Mobile Fun (normally reliable!) and others are selling an adaptor. I would still like to hear from Lumia owners. It seems like a glaring omission not to support it especially when the phone has micro USB which can normally support an HDMI adaptor.

If its that vital to you, stop waiting for someone else to try it out, go ahead and order from mobilefun and if it doesn't work just send it back and say it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mnolan

Thanks for that contribution VicM. There is, however, the small matter of whether to buy a Lumia 800 in the first place. HDMI is a must-have feature for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

The quote from Earthlypangaea above may have been in relation to the TV-out via the headphone jack,I know my 5800 had this feature
    In my opinion if it has microUSB there is a strong possibility it can support the hdmi adaptors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I can tell you straight away it doesn't.

Older Nokia Symbian phones used to support TV-Out via Headphone .
    Nokia Windows Phones don't.

Advertisement