Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Societies

Options
  • 17-03-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm wondering if anybody could help me.
    Right now I'm looking at colleges and I'm unsure of which to pick. I am heavily involved in music and drama in my home town so a college with a good musical and/or drama society is a must. Right now my first choice is UL due to their psychology course.
    Thanks! xxx :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

UL has both a Music Soc as well as a Drama Soc.

AFAIK there's a few Music Soc members on here so they'll be able to tell you more, no idea about the Drama Soc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Cossax wrote: »
    UL has both a Music Soc as well as a Drama Soc.

AFAIK there's a few Music Soc members on here so they'll be able to tell you more, no idea about the Drama Soc though.

As it so happens, I would be the president of the world famous Music Soc! OP, if you have any questions, shout and I'll answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Drama soc are very active with 8 productions this year including a few musicals as well as workshops, trips, events and other dramatic activities.

If you have any questions Ill do my best to answer them and if I cant I'll ask the committee (I'm not sure if they regularly check boards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

There is also a Trad Soc and Choral Soc, and Dance if you're so inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

And a Comedy Society if you feel so inclined ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

AND a DJ Soc!

CiaranMT wrote: »
    AND a DJ Soc!

Which I'm also co-treasurer of....... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Finger in every pie wha!

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Finger in every pie wha!

Nah, have nothing to do with the other socs mentioned on this thread. Not in a committee sense, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Nah, have nothing to do with the other socs mentioned on this thread. Not in a committee sense, anyway.
    Aye, in a commitee sense, but in a bed warming sense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OhMSGlive wrote: »

Not yet anyway....

OhMSGlive... working his way up from humble beginnings to lead a coup d'etat and finally over throw the cruel dictator that is Don Barry!

VIVA LA REVELOCION! VIVA LA EANNA! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

The Limerick area also has plenty of choirs, musical and drama societies outside of the University, so there will no shortage of opporunities to get stuck into something around here :)

Advertisement