Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Sony Surround speaker?

• 17-03-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a Sony DAV-DZ260 system here and one the rear speakers was destroyed because it was accidently connected to the subwoofer output for a period of a few weeks.

Crackles/sounds awful now when connected to the normal output, I'm guessing the speaker just couldn't handle the low range stuff and is designed for mid only.

Looking for a replacement if possible, can't find anything on ebay. It's unusual in that it is a 3Ohm speaker and most similar replacements from other sony systems are 8ohm.

Speaker model is Sony SS-TS80 and the internal speaker unit is marked Sony 81016G.

Anyone know where I could find one?

Alternatively I could replace the speaker with an alternative but I am guessing that if one rear speaker is 3ohm and the other is 8ohm then the sound will be completely out of balance with the 8ohm being much quieter..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Hi Redisle, what is the diameter of the driver and what is the cone material made from, and what are the dimensions of the cabinet....and is it a ported cabinet or closed?
    Is the 3Ω spec on the driver or on the cabinet?

With the above, I'll see if I can source you a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

earpiece wrote: »
    Hi Redisle, what is the diameter of the driver and what is the cone material made from, and what are the dimensions of the cabinet....and is it a ported cabinet or closed?
    Is the 3Ω spec on the driver or on the cabinet?

With the above, I'll see if I can source you a replacement.

nMPNA.jpg

BNU0D.jpg

Gc0n4.jpg

pmM4V.jpg

Paper type cone. 3 Ohm is marked on the casing.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Think this one would do you...

http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/p/loudspeaker-drive-units/3643341/

Cheap enough in the event you want to replace a second for the purpose of matching...... though it's 4Ω shouldn't present a problem.

Hope this helps, will keep my eyes open for others in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Thanks. Never thought to check radionics or farnell for speakers. Will order one next time I'm using RS.

Advertisement