Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social friends

Options
  • 17-03-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, female early thirties looking for new friends in cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi ya, there are sometimes boards meet ups from this Cork thread. Hasn't been very busy lately but hopefully would pick up for the summer. If you want to do something just throw the idea out there and someone might like to join you. Is normally a sticky with the month on top of page. Atm its Feb up there but Ill start an April one and see if people are aound. Have gone to quite a few of the boards meets and always enjoyed them
    There is also another group the link to the thread is here! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056430570

Best of luck!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

hey, im moving to cork from dublin and im looking to meet some ppl as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

edei wrote: »
    hey, im moving to cork from dublin and im looking to meet some ppl as well..

Like CadyBoo says look at the meetup thread at the top of the forum. There seems to be signs of life after a bit of a lull in activity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Pics or GTFO

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

starch4ser wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

Next time I see something like this it will be you to "GTFO"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

i´ll definitely give it a try, tho for my experience in dublin meetups, its more a way to do activities than to make friends, as its different people in every meet up.

Thanks anyway for the advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

i´ll definitely give it a try, tho for my experience in dublin meetups, its more a way to do activities than to make friends, as its different people in every meet up.

Well its normally the same few heads go to ours, with newbies coming along anytime. And tbh most of our ones are just nights out to the pub:o But we love if people suggest activities!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

Edei, I know what you mean. It's very hard to go to these meet ups alone and it does kinda feel like an activity group. Been in Cork over 2 years, still havn't made a proper friend. From: lonely, 29 yr old female and tired of talking to the cat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 singin bernie walsh

im 31 and still go home at the week ends. work mates all married or living away from work so i go home rather than talk to the walls at the week ends.

Come on lads. The meetups are not THAT tough for newbies. I was in the same situation when I went to the first one - yet I met one of my best Boards friends on the first night!

Just needs to have someone organising and willing to give a contact number so newbies don't have a problem finding the group.

With all these new faces there must be enough people for a meetup :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 1brokegirl

yep... im in the same boat! just moved back to cork and dont really know anyone outside work and bf...:D (btw- this my first post ever...:eek:) also being possibly the most un-sporty person in ireland does not help the situation.....

Ok. I posted up a proposal for a pub meetup in the meetup thread. Friday 13th April in the Bodega at 8.30. It is a really nice pub and it will be quiet enough at that hour for people to talk and hear what is being said. So if anyone is interested SPEAK UP and post in here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056580370&page=2

I cannot say that loudly enough. People often don't post their intention to go - then everyone else thinks they will be the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

The pub, jesus, does it always come down to that every time? My adivce is get a new hobby, occupy your time, maybe a sport as its a team thing, if thats not your thing maybe something along the line of a book club. If you're working ask workmates what they do.

The pub, jesus, does it always come down to that every time?

If the pub is not your thing then you can safely assume I was not aiming my suggestion at you.

BUT - please show a bit of respect - have you organised anything? Maybe you will prove me wrong and have a long history of event organising - but in the meantime just keep it positive would you??

Moving on now

So for the rest of you, if your interested we are trying to get a pub meetup going. It is a nice neutral environment and the Bodega has a relaxed atmosphere. I can give a contact mobile to anyone who might need it so you can find the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

KittyMcM wrote: »
    29 yr old female and tired of talking to the cat :)

lol - at least it's only one cat. More than one cat and you're in danger of becoming a crazy cat lady....

The boards meet ups do tend to focus on the pub a lot, mainly due to the difficulty of organising these things. It tends to be a small enough group, but trying to get a date and time that suits everybody for an activity is still tough. Something simple like just meeting in a pub tends to be easier to get going. That said, new ideas are always welcome. I'm busy myself but with the good weather expected this weekend another outing to Fota might not be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leeside_Social

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that i'm involved with a social group here in Cork City, called Leeside Macra. We meet up numerous times over the month and take part in various events and activities. All are welcome to come along and see what you think.

We have a meeting every second Tuesday of the month. Next meeting takes place on 10th April at 8.30pm upstairs in Le Chateau Pub (on Patricks St). Here we discuss all events for the month ahead and gauge what peoples interests are. Previous we have gone to: table quizzes, mystery tours, bowling & quasar, drinks nights out in town, cinema, greyhound racing, board games nights etc. the list really is endless.

If anyone would like more information/details on our group, then please feel free to drop us an email to: Leesidemacra@gmail.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

wispyman wrote: »
    If the pub is not your thing then you can safely assume I was not aiming my suggestion at you.

BUT - please show a bit of respect - have you organised anything? Maybe you will prove me wrong and have a long history of event organising - but in the meantime just keep it positive would you??

Moving on now

So for the rest of you, if your interested we are trying to get a pub meetup going. It is a nice neutral environment and the Bodega has a relaxed atmosphere. I can give a contact mobile to anyone who might need it so you can find the group.

A bit of respect? What are you on about? I have given positive suggestions. I wasn't referring to you specifically so relax. I was suggesting there are more things to do than go to the pub as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 1brokegirl

nbnb r u still there? check pm.:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78050199&postcount=52

We are having a Cork Boards meetup on Friday if anyone wants to join us. We don't bite - much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Betty2012

Hi there,
    Sorry, this is my first post on this so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right! Interested in joining this cork group also, boyfriend has moved to uk to work & sick of my own company already!! I'm quite sporty so would welcome some activities, alternatively the pub sounds fun too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

From my geek tread there seems to be a new batch of boardies in the same boat so the next meet up should be interesting.

I'm too old* but the Leeside Macra linked at the begining of this thread looks to suit you as well.

*They'll still let you play with them past 35, just can't enter competitions and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Betty2012 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Sorry, this is my first post on this so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right! Interested in joining this cork group also, boyfriend has moved to uk to work & sick of my own company already!! I'm quite sporty so would welcome some activities, alternatively the pub sounds fun too!

Come to the next Boards Beers, newcomers are always welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

hi just moved to cork looking for groups or anything really to meet up with few females for chats nites out etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

hi

Advertisement