Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air or Cushioned Shoes/Runners

• 17-03-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Go easy I'm nearly an oap, but hope you guys can help me.

I suffer a lot from corns/callouses on the ball of me feet and tried all the usual aids, and insoles of all types but no real joy.

With all the footwear sports gear available now is there any ye could recommend that would cushion the impact when out walking.

I know there are some called airmax etc but do they really work and are there any reasonable priced alternatives available.

tnks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Hi Danjo

As nobody has replied. I'll try and help. In fairness it's probably not a question anybody on here will be able to help you with (unless a friendly chiropodist drops by).

Most, but by no means all modern running shoes are heavily cushioned mostly around the heel to try and prevent injuries by reducing the shock of the foot hitting a hard surface.

I have no idea if it would help you in your circumstances. To be honest, I'd be doubtful that they'd do much as the cushioning isn't really that soft.

There are lots of makes, such as Asics, Brooks, Nike, New Balance, Adidas and most are fairly similar but will have their own ideas to try and make their's the best. Most runners swear by one particular make and model.

As for 'reasonable price' that's a bit harder, they all tend to be expensive from around €75 upwards, but you may be able to find some on offer or in somewhere like TKMax.

What you need to look for is a pair that are well cushioned. Why not go and try some on and see what you think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks for replying Redjeep, I know zero about modern day sports shoes/trainers so your reply is quite helpful and will take your advice and try some on.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Hi Danjo,

Maybe this is a stupid question but have you gone to a Chiropodist?

I have had corns for years and tried every kind of insole and wonder product available in the pharmacy, all to little or no avail.

My GF eventually convinced me to just go to the chiropodist and get them sorted. I couldn't believe the relief I felt after 20 minutes and a few quid. It was like being fitted with two brand new feet.

Unfortunately corns tend to come back, but I'm quite happy to just go to my chiropodist 1/2 times a year and it's cheaper in the long run than all the snake oil you'll buy while thinking about it.

Advertisement