Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chanel Pro Lumiere I Miss You!!!

• 17-03-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I finished my last drop of my beloved Chanel Pro Lumiere today and I am totally gutted that Chanel have discontinued it!! I have tried the new foundation they brought out Profection Lumiere that was supposedly meant to replace Pro Lumiere and it is a horrible cakey matt finish and nothing like the beautiful glowy finsh of Pro :(

Anyways...Its now time to find a new holy grail foundation and so far I have tried bourjis healthy mix, Armani Luminous Silk, Nars Sheer Glow and loads more and nothing compares to the finish of Pro Lumiere. Does anybody have any suggestions for me as I am planning on heading to Dublin tomorrow in search of a new foundation.

Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Estee Lauder Double Wear is the only one that works for me, dont think it would be a good dupe for pro-luminere though...Bobbi brown gets great reviews, maybe get a tester at the BT counter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 poutie

I'm gutted over it too, I loved Pro Lumiere, and Perfection Lumiere isn't doing it for me at all :( I like Double Wear too, but Lancome Teint Idole Ultra is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I hear you! Loved the pro lumiere too. Got the new perfection lumiere on Thursday and I'm not impressed :(. The make-up artist I spoke with said Chanel discontinued the ProL because they were getting bad feedback that it was looking too thick and dewy on the skin. The new foundation doesn't give a nice coverage or the healthy glow the other foundation did.
    I love love Bobbi Brown foundation, I always go back to it. It just gives enough coverage, a lovely natural look. Would definitely recommend. Wish I had spent that money on Bobbi Brown now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Perfection lumiere is complete crap, its like beige polyfilla without coverage and it went orange after an hour. Possibly the most hideous foundation ever as it was such a let down. I've tried the bobbi brown and it didn't have the coverage, dw does not agree with my skin at all, i don't like the feeling of it on and after going through two bottles of it my skin had taken on an ashy grey appearance, which stopped when i stopped using dw.

i found dior forever to be the best i've found so far. the feeling is quite light but decent coverage. i haven't tried the lancome one but lancome don't do a light enough colour for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I find chanel perfection really hard to apply well. It seems like I'm using a lot more of it to get a good coverage. Anyone else find this?

Bobbi Brown is good for giving samples too (Arnotts), the girls there were really nice to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement