Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radiogram

Options
  • 18-03-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hello all i have a pilot radiogram circa 1950 it was working until recently i was able to recieve rte1 on lw and several stations on mw i now have none anyone able to offer some tips on how to fix this also can you tell me how to spot if a tube valve is damaged or worn out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 monomono

What is the model number?,are the valves 12AH or 7S7s,is the dial light working?.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

More Vintage guys here:
    http://vintagetvandradio.myfreeforum.org/index.php

It could be anything. Also if a capacitor coupling to the input grid of the output valve is faulty the output valve and transformer will be short lived.

The wax coated /impregnated paper capacitors in cardboard tubes fail.

If one valve doesn't light it may be faulty. But unless the heater fails (pin 4 &5 on 9pin and 2 & 7 on old Octal types), valve stuff fades gradually if a valve is wearing out.

Advertisement