Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House blowing bulbs constantly!

Options
  • 18-03-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My parent's house has started blowing bulbs left and right. They've lived there since 1969 without problem and now, since approx. November 2011, the problem has started.

It is not localised to any particular room, or the type of bulb, old style or new style, screw in or bayonet. Downlighters in dining room go, 'long life' kitchen ones go, the lounge, and the outdoor lights are going like no tomorrow. With the exception of the dining room lights, all of the other fittings have been in place since 1993, including the outdoor lights, with no problem. The dining room downlighter things were put in during 2010.

I'm no electrician, but my father is pretty handy when it comes to these things, but he's pretty confused by it. So, I'm here asking advice.

Is it possible there is some kind of surge taking place? What should I look out for/any tests I can do myself?

Thanks for any information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The first thing to do is get someone in to check the voltage anyway. And the general condition of the installation.

Advertisement