Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tt

• 18-03-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

"it is public or private law that applies"

Because if the Judge says its private law, then you have to get off because the Court is in public. And also, because if people hear the Judge talk about the law, its not private and you've got him.

Also, if the Judge coughs as he says it, and you cough at the same time, then you are equals, and a Judge can't be a Judge in his own cause. This applies to sneezes also, but not sniffles. That would be silly.

If the Judge says public law, then you knock the bench three times, and he has to let you go, but only if the knocks don't echo. If the knocks echo, then you have to ask the Judge for his oath.

The real secret, is that if you say the Judge's name backwards, then you get a cake and a present.
    I read up to there on Congojack's post and I thought it was another post wading in on the side of intelligence and common sense. I stopped reading after the second sentence when I realised it was not to be. Although I will give him this much, spelling and grammar were better than the average freeman supporter.

The quote from Enda was a good touch. However, it would have had more impact (and God forbid, relevance) had the quote been:

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home, and I for one refuse to contract with the entity know as Ireland Incorporated and I hereby destroy my own Certificate of Birth hereby frustrating any attempts by this Corporation to contract with me, Enda of the family Kenny, a real human person, Purple Monkey Dishwasher."
    I don't know why people are complaining about the Freemen. They are hilarious.

I loved the concept so much that I decided to become one.

So on the eve of my graduation as a Freeman, I got into my car after 25 pints (having discarded my tax and insurance discs as unneccessary nods to useless statutes). I crashed into a wall on the way home, but hey, no harm done.

The cops arrived and I made sure to ask them if they were on their oath. They told me to breathe into a bag. I declined to contract to this Road Traffic Act nonsense. I did not breathe into the bag.

They asked me for my licence but I didn't give it. They searched me and found my licence - a hangover from previous days as a serf. They asked me about my name and address and I replied - "allegedly".

To cut a long story short, I ended up in court. I asked the judge if I could see his oath. He didn't think an oath was perceptible to the human eye.

I didn't plead guilty, so the judge entered a plea of not guilty on my behalf. I didn't consent to that and I reserved the full rights of common law and the Constitution. I made sure to stay in the public gallery though, to avoid straying into the maritime jurisdiction of Naas District Court.

So the judge tells me he's sending me to prison, for refusing to give a sample and other previous 'offences'.

Jail sentence eh? Let's see what the Magna Carta has to say about that!

Freemen abú!
    tt

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement