Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I recall Messi doing it against Madrid in the Bernabeu recently enough. Nothing was done, but I agree the fans would go mad. Stupid thing to do.

Suarez did it at OT this season, at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Very unlucky from Fabio nearly bent an effort from 25 yards into top corner but hit the post :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    I bumped into Phil babb coming around a corner and when I said sorry he got smart with me so I told him to "**** off you jumped up bastard" :) that was a long time ago now!

I'd have gone with: Watch out for the post, Phil.
    user2011 wrote: »
    Very unlucky from Fabio nearly bent an effort from 25 yards into top corner but hit the post :(

Must try and catch the end of this...

lordgoat wrote: »
    Must try and catch the end of this...

Not a great second half from them did what was needed and scored the third. Suprised Villa scored totally out of the game first half.

Fabio set up Keane (header) with a nice cross and De Laet set up Lidgaard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Not a great second half from them did what was needed and scored the third. Suprised Villa scored totally out of the game first half.

Fabio set up Keane (header) with a nice cross and De Laet set up Lidgaard.

Saw the last 30 mins, united comfortable in possession, let villa back into it in the last 10 but they knew the game was over at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I recall Messi doing it against Madrid in the Bernabeu recently enough. Nothing was done, but I agree the fans would go mad. Stupid thing to do.
    Yea and he gave the 'butter wouldn't melt' look but to be fair he can pull it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

For anyone who saw the reserves match how did Michael Drennan play for Villa? He used to play for our club before moving over. He's only 18 and scores goals for fun pretty much.

He'd probably be better off in the Villa senior squad than fecking Heskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's a fairly scummy and cowardly thing to do.They know they won't be punished by the ref and because they're on the pitch there's no repercussions from whoever is on the receiving end.
    It really pissed me off when Rio did it.
    A smack of a ball like that in the face when you're not prepared for it is f**king sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's a fairly scummy and cowardly thing to do.They know they won't be punished by the ref and because they're on the pitch there's no repercussions from whoever is on the receiving end.
    A smack of a ball like that in the face when you're not prepared for it is f**king sore.

Man the f*ck up, it was an accident. Or woman the f*ck, in this case. :pac:

lordgoat wrote: »
    Saw the last 30 mins, united comfortable in possession, let villa back into it in the last 10 but they knew the game was over at that stage.

I should of said not great for more goals could of been 6. It was pretty good workout for the four first teamers and Pogba. Got taken off around 60min so i'm hoping thats for him too have a run out on Monday night.

@Jimmy. They weren't really in the match United dominated it bar what Lordgoat said. I can't recall his name being mentioned.

• Advertisement

Man the f*ck up, it was an accident. Or woman the f*ck, in this case. :pac:
    Grow the f*ck up :rolleyes:

The difference between this and act of violence is that Rio was aiming for the top corner.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No excuse for what Rio or Messi done to be honest, as harmless as it may seem to some. Stupid thing to do regardless.

Saint Messi is no more didn't even say sorry :eek: and tries making out he did no wrong tut tut

The difference between this and act of violence is that Rio was aiming for the top corner.:D
    He blasted into the crowd and apparently smacked some woman in the face,I've seen fully grown hairy arsed men being dropped by a ball to the face.
    It was in frustration and he obviously regrets it but he looked like he knew where he was putting it,same with Messi.
    I won't even comment on the Suarez one because someone will be in to lynch me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

@Jimmy. They weren't really in the match United dominated it bar what Lordgoat said. I can't recall his name being mentioned.

Well I wouldn't have expected them to be considering the quality of the opposition. He'll have learnt a lot by just playing against guys like Cleverley and Jones though. Hopefully he keeps on going.

I won't even comment on the Suarez one because someone will be in to lynch me :)

Typical United fan bringing Suarez into it. You're obsessed. Grow up will you. Talk about your team ffs. Why must you bring Liverpool into it? I hate the way you guys.................. etc etc :D

He blasted into the crowd and apparently smacked some woman in the face,I've seen fully grown hairy arsed menbeing dropped by a ball to the face.
    It was in frustration and he obviously regrets it but he looked like he knew where he was putting it,same with Messi.

You have? :eek:

I never drank in the Blue Parrot. Whats the music like?

Trilla wrote: »

Typical United fan bringing Suarez into it. You're obsessed. Grow up will you. Talk about your team ffs. Why must you bring Liverpool into it? I hate the way you guys.................. etc etc :D
    ****ing honorary scouser :D

He blasted into the crowd and apparently smacked some woman in the face,I've seen fully grown hairy arsed menbeing dropped by a ball to the face.

You have? :eek:

I never drank in the Blue Parrot. Whats the music like?
    🎶Pumping techno🎶,what else would it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ugh, have to wait aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll the way to Monday until United play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Does anyone remember Rio wacking a ball into was it Streford end before, and smashing a ladies glasses?

Open for Correction.

IIRC Rio organised a signed jersey from the squad after the game for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wasn't that game on RTE2? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guys when is that youth cup semi final on? I heard it was on ITV3/4. Has it been and gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I'm over for the fulham game Monday night. Where would ye recommend going? Ive been over at games on almost every other day so know the bars and stuff but will there be anywhere open late on the Monday night? Any nightclubs? Any good bars?

Anywhere beside the god awful print works really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It was on last Friday I think. 2-1 to Chelsea. Return fixture is 3 weeks today.

Guys when is that youth cup semi final on? I heard it was on ITV3/4. Has it been and gone?
    1st leg was on ITV4 last week,Chelsea won 2-1,not sure when the 2nd leg is.
    I'm sure they will show that aswell.

1st leg was on ITV4 last week,Chelsea won 2-1,not sure when the 2nd leg is.
    I'm sure they will show that aswell.
    Game is currently pencilled in for April 13th I think (that is what I remember them saying during the reserve game last night) but it could change as I think Chelsea are trying to move the fixture so some player is available for it.

I'm over for the fulham game Monday night. Where would ye recommend going? Ive been over at games on almost every other day so know the bars and stuff but will there be anywhere open late on the Monday night? Any nightclubs? Any good bars?

Anywhere beside the god awful print works really?

Walk into any of the bars on Canal street and you'll be made feel very welcome on any given night of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't think its been posted yet.. Heres the video of the Rooney incident (Completely different to that of Rio/Messi/Suarez);

Apparently it was the kid's first Utd game! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How many games we got left? Expect the FA to ban him for all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Did I hear the father,or someone else telling the kid "Hold your face! hold your face!"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Walk into any of the bars on Canal street and you'll be made feel very welcome on any given night of the week.

I doubt my girlfriend wants to see me get bummed but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I doubt my girlfriend wants to see me get bummed but thanks anyway.

Haha drop the C and the S and you can see why you would be welcome any night of the week!!!

Team news for Monday night - Nani and Owen still out, joining Anderson, Fletcher and Vidic as the notable absenties.

I note pogba was taken off early last night, before Cleverley, so I do wonder if Pogba is in line for some minutes on Monday night - I reckon a bench role, again.

De Gea

Rafael--Ferdinand-Evans-Evra

Valencia-Carrick-Scholes-Young

Rooney-Welbeck

Hernandez, Pogba, Cleverley, Park, Jones, Smalling, Amos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yep Fergie said Pogba was taking off as he will be involved on Monday .

Yep Fergie said Pogba was taking off as he will be involved on Monday .

He'll hardly start though. I agree with the below lineup, maybe Giggs instead of Scholes being the only debatable decision. Young in for Chico. Please no Park he's had a poor season.

De Gea

Rafael--Ferdinand-Evans-Evra

Valencia-Carrick-Scholes-Young

Rooney-Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Absolutely brilliant from Fergie. His response to Vieira:
    Boss responds to Vieira

Sir Alex has responded to Patrick Vieira's criticism of the decision to bring Paul Scholes out of retirement.

The former Arsenal legend, now working for Manchester City, had attempted to turn up the pressure on the champions by suggesting the Blues have nothing to fear from a club that needed to add a member of the coaching team to the playing staff. In Vieira's view, it was an act of desperation because the Reds were losing Ravel Morrison and Paul Pogba.

It looked to most observers as a clear example of trying to play mind games but the master of these situations was happy to laugh it off.

"If it’s desperation bringing the best midfielder in Britain for the last 20 years back then I think we can accept that," said Sir Alex at Friday's press conference. "I think he was programmed for that. Roberto [Mancini] had a wee dig a couple of weeks back. We’re all going to play our hand that way. There will be plenty of ammunition for that [any mind games].

"I think the point he makes about Ravel Morrison and losing our young players – we wanted to sell him, let’s be clear about that, for obvious reasons. But we want Pogba to stay.

"If you talk about desperation, they played a player the other night who refused to go on the pitch and the manager said he’d never play again and he takes a five-month holiday in Argentina…what is that? Could that come under the description of desperation? There will be plenty of ammunition don’t worry.""

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Mar/manchester-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-responds-to-vieira.aspx

He's bloody right too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fergie is rattled! If he wasn't he'd not have said a thing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

mike65 wrote: »

SAF staying quiet? Come on!!!

cr_mega_340_dalglish.jpg

apologies I'm new to this reply with a jpeg "what the fook has this got to do with anythin" buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Rossi available for £12million, United have a buy back option. If Berba leaves in the summer could this be a good option? Discuss.

Source is goal.com so not sure how valid this is...

RVD420 wrote: »
    Rossi available for £12million, United have a buy back option. If Berba leaves in the summer could this be a good option? Discuss.

I would take him back for 12m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Fergie rattled?!? You having a laugh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Not sure how true this is but I thought our first refusal option expired after his original contract was up. Thought I read that somewhere but could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

For 12 Million its a not even a question of Should we?. I would even take him if it is for 20 Million. Quality player. He will provide different dimension to our attack and he can even play Rooney's role.

I dont remember the source, but I read that Villareal have put him for sale. We should go for him with Owen and Berbatov leaving. Rooney, Rossi, Hernandez, Welbeck? Yes please.

That article states that the to get first refusal we would have to match any accepted offers for him. So if Spurs offer 20m then we'd have to match that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Trilla wrote: »
    I would take him back for 12m

Give them Berba and 12 million.........

Rossi is understood to prefer a move to Italy because of his frustrating experience in England, when he scored just once for United and failed to find the target in 11 appearances on loan at Newcastle.

Not exactly encouraging but he was great in Spain. Is he not suited to the physical side of the EPL or did he just flip the awesome switch when he left us?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement