Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liam O wrote: »
    I understand he's been great at goalscoring, it's just in some games he gives the impression he couldn't care less about the team.

Also single-handedly getting the 3-3 draw at Chelsea? LOL.

He cared, yelled at Nani and others people were quick to jump on "He is not happy with his teammates" bandwagon.

Now he has improved his temperament hugely and is bit quiet on the field (At least improved) and now it looks as if he doesn't care.

At the moment Rooney can't win. He made a mistake and apologized, I guess people should move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wasn't advocating it, I was using it as an example, I too would hope for more money. He's had much more of a lackadaisical attitude this season imo and though he's scored plenty, when the team aren't playing well he goes into a bit of a shell nowadays. I'd obviously prefer to keep him and he would be difficult to replace but if he's going to be threatening to leave everytime there is a blip in the club and holding it to ransom then it'd be better to cut the losses right now imo.

He did that once, and it was nearly two years ago at this stage. You're just making up hypothetical instances that'll suit your theory. Move on.

IF he does it again then maybe it might be time to have a look at the situation. I cannot see that happening. Along with Vidic he is our most important player, and along with Nani he is our only player that I'd trust to go out and win a game single-handedly.

It'd rank up there with one of the stupidest decisions in all sport if United were to sell him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I understand he's been great at goalscoring, it's just in some games he gives the impression he couldn't care less about the team.

I see where your coming from, but honestly, I reckon he is just fed up of having to do literally everything.

Have we scored a goal this season that hasn't involved Wayne Rooney? He has to come deep, get the ball, play it wide, burst his arse and get on the end of it. Our over-dependence on Wayne Rooney to create, provide and score is absolutely baffling. Last season he had Javier to get on the end of it, and Wayne could float around and do as he pleases, this season we have had no consistent scorer to help him out, but if we put Rooney in the box, only Antonio Valencia seems capable of getting the ball to him.

Not that bad isn't it.

ferdikit.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I see where your coming from, but honestly, I reckon he is just fed up of having to do literally everything.

Have we scored a goal this season that hasn't involved Wayne Rooney? He has to come deep, get the ball, play it wide, burst his arse and get on the end of it. Our over-dependence on Wayne Rooney to create, provide and score is absolutely baffling. Last season he had Javier to get on the end of it, and Wayne could float around and do as he pleases, this season we have had no consistent scorer to help him out, but if we put Rooney in the box, only Antonio Valencia seems capable of getting the ball to him.

That's a good point actually, last season Nani and Berba shared the load with Rooney a fair bit, earlier this season Nani was helping out again but his injuries and the young players having to get over the second half of the season hump that a lot of young players across all sports encounter probably put a lot of pressure on him.

I think I am still a bit hung up on 2 years ago, but that was the first point United looked like they were on the down and he couldn't have been quicker to look for the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is that official or a very good photoshop?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is that official or a very good photoshop?

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Kit-Launch.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Still not sure if I like it or not. Although in the video with Rio, the pattern doesn't seem as prominent as it does in the pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Another pic of new jersey, possibly shopped though???

EDIT - scratch that - just clicked Giggsy11's link.

546316_362621390463452_242352039157055_1000304_538284582_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Horrible jersey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I do fear this is going to be a horrible summer.

While I think United will spend money, I think it will be a case of quantity over quality so we will improve our squad, again, as opposed to the first team which is what we need.

I also think Rooney is going to leave this summer. Rumours of promises made in 2010 to keep him (along with a higher wage) and I can't see how bringing Scholes back cause we were too cheap to buy players we need can have been part of keeping those promises. I think he is going to look to leave in the summer and I just hope he heads to Spain if he does.

I have been thinking this myself for a while now, have this feeling he is gone in the summer, really worried about the short term future if he does go, and long term actually because the club need good financial returns each season to keep the banks happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

@Kryogen and Mitch -

Why the feelings about Rooney leaving? Is it just a hunch, or is there something behind your thinking?

Hypothetically, if he does go, I would be very worried about keeping pace with City, regardless of who would replace him. He's scored 25 or 26 league goals this year, and to expect someone to come in and replace him and do that in a debut season would be a massive ask. Probably too much to ask.

alproctor wrote: »
    @Kryogen and Mitch -

Why the feelings about Rooney leaving? Is it just a hunch, or is there something behind your thinking?

Hypothetically, if he does go, I would be very worried about keeping pace with City, regardless of who would replace him. He's scored 25 or 26 league goals this year, and to expect someone to come in and replace him and do that in a debut season would be a massive ask. Probably too much to ask.

Genuinely I can't really put my finger on it, but the feeling hasn't gone away, I suppose it comes back to when he publicly said he wanted to go, that the club could not match his ambitions, apparently he was made promises then and I can't see how these promises have been kept, the GK situation was sorted, but that would have had to be done anyway, where it was clear the investment was needed, and where I feel out centre forward would have been most concerned about improving would have been the centre of midfield. This simply has not happened, the load on his shoulders has actually gotten bigger rather then smaller.

I'll try come back to you later when I get time with a bit of detail

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Berg in Milan is one of my favourite unsung hero performances.

Good man, Always said the same. He was in Ronaldos pocket the whole game. Bloody outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not that bad isn't it.

Yes! Yes it is!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The talk of Rooney doing so much by himself, get the ball, play it wide, get in the box - clears up why United are being linked with Kagawa and Gaitan.

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Good man, Always said the same. He was in Ronaldos pocket the whole game. Bloody outstanding.

My favourite would be Wes Brown against Barcelona in 2008. He was unbelievable that night. He stopped everything that Barca threw at him. Don't think he played much that season so to come in and perform to that level makes it all that more remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

My favourite would be Wes Brown against Barcelona in 2008. He was unbelievable that night. He stopped everything that Barca threw at him. Don't think he played much that season so to come in and perform to that level makes it all that more remarkable.

He played 52 games that season, 10 in Europe and 36 in the league.

Lukekul wrote: »

Yep it was his first real injury free season in years! if ever :)

Lukekul wrote: »

Ah right well it doesn't take away from the fact that it was one of the best performances I can remember in a United jersey for years.

• Advertisement

scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=4svur.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Would love if Big Dave had a word with Iker Munian there. He impressed me in the Europa League final, he was in tears after the 2nd goal, but got up and demanded the ball to try and make something happen when his team-mates were beaten.

Crying during the game? Wuss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have only watched Munian around 5 times. As good as his touch is I always liked his attitude. Whoever United buy the attitude is very important.

I'm not as keen on Munian as some others obviously, but he is very young so would potentially be a great investment if he could be got for reasonable money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never seen this before just short clip after winning CL Final in 1999.

Great to seen Greening get the medal he deserved:D

Poor Albert! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Never seen this before just short clip after winning CL Final in 1999.

Great to seen Greening get the medal he deserved:D

Denis Irwin "Beers...any beers?":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Random Twitter account posted that De Laet and Matty James are after signing for Leicester

That was after about an hour and a half of celebrating on the pitch too!

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Random Twitter account posted that De Laet and Matty James are after signing for Leicester

Supposedly Larnell Cole is gone there too. Hopefully it's just on a loan if it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Supposedly Larnell Cole is gone there too. Hopefully it's just on a loan if it's true.

James and Cole and loan hopefully and De Laet sold I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

SHERRRINGHAMMMM!!!!! The best scuff of a shot ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Denis Irwin "Beers...any beers?":D

Priceless,Denis having none of that posh stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

arsenal look to be spedign well this summer, they are supposed to have M'Villa well on his way....

a few of you lot had him as a player for us, how do you rate him? i know nothing about him, so i cant comment.

Kwadwo Asamoah is again being rumoured for us this morning, another player i know little about. signing an african player with the ACN in mind, is not something i think fergie is keen on, so im not sure how true it is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

arsenal look to be spedign well this summer, they are supposed to have M'Villa well on his way....

a few of you lot had him as a player for us, how do you rate him? i know nothing about him, so i cant comment.

Kwadwo Asamoah is again being rumoured for us this morning, another player i know little about. signing an african player with the ACN in mind, is not something i think fergie is keen on, so im not sure how true it is....
    heard Asamoah described as Essien with better dribbling and slightly less outright pace.

As you say though, Fergie generally doesn't seem to be too keen on signing African players due to the ACN. It isn't being played this season though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

It is, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

that has to be one of the most rediculous competitions in world football. i assume its played in jan due to weather problems in the summer?

i cant see any other reason they dont play it in summer time apart from that. having it every 2 years, is another farce also.

Yeah they are changing it to odd years so this year it will be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

_60186762_ferguson_getty.jpg

Man Utd have summer plan to keep pace with City - Ferguson

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the club have plans in place to make sure they keep pace with rivals Manchester City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18040096

Looks encouraging for those worried about another summer of us buying wingers :D

Nothing new though. Doesn't specifically say anything really, just that we won't be left behind and we won't be going away. Ready for the challenge and that.

The proof will be in the pudding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

kryogen wrote: »
    Nothing new though. Doesn't specifically say anything really, just that we won't be left behind and we won't be going away. Ready for the challenge and that.

The proof will be in the pudding.

*chews gum... Offers Ryan Giggs a contract extension*

"Right lads squad built for next season, I'm off for a pint"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

heard Asamoah described as Essien with better dribbling and slightly less outright pace.

As you say though, Fergie generally doesn't seem to be too keen on signing African players due to the ACN. It isn't being played this season though.

The qualifications match for 2013 are being played in September and October!

I think he already has offered him an extension :(

Give Scholesy the first 3 months off again, tell Pogba he will be involved, everybody happy

Fletch and Anderson come back from injury "Having those two back is like two new signings."

I'm actually dreading him saying something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Park posing with the new jersey doesn't give me much hope! Wish he'd just leave :(

Thanks for the memories, but it's time to make way.

btw I stayed up all night just to make sure I'm tired and I'll actually be able to sleep tonight :D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Park posing with the new jersey doesn't give me much hope! Wish he'd just leave :(

Thanks for the memories, but it's time to make way.
    '

newkit.jpg

ronaldonewkit.jpg

Tevez and Ronaldo left in the very same season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Christ I miss Ronnie sometimes :(. What an incredible player he is

Quandary wrote: »

There is one thing very wrong with that post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Quandary wrote: »
    kryogen wrote: »
    There is one thing very wrong with that post

Apologies, I miss him all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Our away kit for next season

img185j.jpg

img188r.jpg

The blue leaked a while ago is the keepers away kit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement