Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I asked this question a while back and was told that there is evidence of him being rubbish but I was never given any. I am going to presume that it is because he looks a bit like a barman or your taxi-driving uncle until such time as the evidence is provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sacramento wrote: »
    I've seen some Mike Phelan bashing while reading through the thread, seems to be the "in" thing to be do at the moment.
    But does anyone that has criticised him actually have any bloody clue what he does or doesn't do? Or are they pulling it out of their arsé?
    Sometimes it's hard to sit idly by and read through some of the absolute muck that comes out on this thread.

No and thats why we need new number 2 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I was intending on posting after coming home from OT last weekend but was too depressed until now. The way the season is finishing is so depressing. Last Sunday should have been our crowning glory had we taken care of Wigan and Everton but instead we have to endure that despicable shower of mercenaries winning the league tomorrow. To think of Tevez, Nasri, Balotelli, Elephant Man, Clichy etc being crowned champions is too galling to contemplate. And the fact we had it won is what makes it all the worse.

Aside from City, we ve been an accident waiting to happen for the best part of 3 seasons now. Ever since we sold Ronaldo we ve been on a downward spiral. After selling Ronaldo, we signed Obertan, Owen and Valencia. Obertan is undeniably ****e, I still cant understand Owens signing and Valencia for all his admirable qualities is poor when it comesto the highest level (ie Barca CL final last year). Despite the weakening of our squad we won the Carling Cup, came close to the league in 2010 and threw away a winnable CL. But our shortcomings were covered by Rooneys brilliance. Once Rooney got injured v Bayern our season disintegrated. The game v Blackburn away when Berba squandered chances was proof of our slide. That whole season we were going hell for leather just to keep pace.

In fairness the summer of 2010 transfers were better but not enough. Smalling will become one of our best ever defenders but Hernandez could turn out great or a one hit wonder. Even when we won the league last year we were poxed due to Chelsea imploding. Again Rooneys absence v City in the cup showed how inept we were with Berba leading the line.

Since Ronaldo left we ve won a League, Carling Cup, got to a CL final and probably 2 second place finishes (come on you R's for **** sake!). On paper this looks good but whats really depressing is how our football has gone to ****. Watch the 2008 season DVD and the attacking play would make you drool. Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney were so good together that Rooney didnt look anywhere near as irreplaceable as he does now. Its depressing to think that we got to the top of the tree in Europe and instead of kicking on and dominating we dropped our standards, sold our best player and bought sub standard players every year since. We set the standards since the begining of the premiership but since 2008 we ve been settling for second rate players (sounds harsh but Ashley Young is second rate compared to ronaldo) and second rate football. The way we ve played in some games in the last 3 seasons has been dreadful to watch.

My only hope is that losing to City will be the wake up call needed for the hierarchy to realise that we need to get the best players at whatever price instead of looking for the bargain. A player is a bargain for one reason : he's no ****ing good!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I've seen some Mike Phelan bashing while reading through the thread, seems to be the "in" thing to be do at the moment.
    But does anyone that has criticised him actually have any bloody clue what he does or doesn't do? Or are they pulling it out of their arsé?
    Sometimes it's hard to sit idly by and read through some of the absolute muck that comes out on this thread.
    I asked this question a while back and was told that there is evidence of him being rubbish but I was never given any. I am going to presume that it is because he looks a bit like a barman or your taxi-driving uncle until such time as the evidence is provided.

Agreed, he's become somewhat of a scapegoat in here despite the glaring lack of hard evidence of his apparent deficiencies.

That makes no sense, if you don't know what he does or doesn't do then you can't know if he's good or bad, lack of evidence of either doesn't indicate that one is more likely than the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'm in agreement that we need to look at changing style for some games but my major problem with a full-time tactical switch is that we have fantastic traditional wingers and it's something that is very effective for us. It would be a shame to abandon that as it is something rarely seen.

Although in saying that it's important to recognise perhaps that is a reason why we don't do so well against the big teams who don't play with out and out wingers.

A further point is that I recognise young and nani could well operate as part of a front three out wide as could welbeck and Rooney with Hernandez as the spearhead.

This system would also mean we would need two workhorses/athletic midfielders signed to play alongside/give and option along with carrick in the anchoring two.

Don't want to post potential signings or whatever as it would be just speculation/wanting on my behalf but if we also sign Kagawa it will leave us with a lot of players with not a lot of available places in the first team.

n32 wrote: »
    Its depressing to think that we got to the top of the tree in Europe and instead of kicking on and dominating we dropped our standards, sold our best player and bought sub standard players every year since.

Yes I totally agree, but lot fans seem contempt and cant see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Blatter wrote: »
    IMO Rooney is as good defensively in the hole as any of those players. I don't think replacing Rooney in that position will make us any more solid. What will make us more solid is improving our deeper midfielders.

There are plenty of games in a season, I wouldn't worry about them too much tbh.

Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez
    Kagawa/Nani/Young
    Rooney/Kagawa
    Valencia/Nani/Kagawa

Don't know how comfortable Kagawa is starting out wide though. He's very skillful, quick and does drift out wide from the centre, so I think he would probably be okay. He's still young enough to improve defensively.

Going by whoscored.com site Kagawa has played all his games as AMC. And I agree with that site. He is very good as AM and I dont think he is any good as winger.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/42862/

That makes no sense, if you don't know what he does or doesn't do then you can't know if he's good or bad, lack of evidence of either doesn't indicate that one is more likely than the other.

I will give you my reasons if you stop being a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just because you don't have any evidence of his inadequacy as an assistant doesn't mean nobody has, I have already gone into it before, have no desire to do it again at the moment, I just want to point out that I have been critical of Phelan for about 2 years at this stage.

• Advertisement

Yes I totally agree, but lot fans seem contempt and cant see this.
    People seem ti have ignored it by saying ''ronaldo always dreamt of playing for madrid and was bound to leave eventually''. So when he left we should have signed a top class player like a Ribery etc. Even when we had the chance of Ozil we blew it. We blew it with nasri and god knows who else. Theres no point trying to claim the moral high ground by saying ''we wont pay big transfer fees or big wages''. Do you think city will be bothered at 5pm tomorrow that they ve spent vast sums! I think not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The Mike Phelan bashing is simply explained. We're spoiled. But we've evolved and seen United bounce back enough to know that calling for Fergie's head is a ridiculous argument at this stage. So if United don't perform well one season, where most fans would call for the manager's head, we call for the next best thing.

It's ridiculous, but it's easily explained. Simple as. Unless boards.ie's finest want to claim they're on the training pitch and in the dressing room with the players witnessing these so-called inadequacies for themselves. In that case go right ahead. I could use a good laugh.

People seem ti have ignored it by saying ''ronaldo always dreamt of playing for madrid and was bound to leave eventually''. So when he left we should have signed a top class player like a Ribery etc. Even when we had the chance of Ozil we blew it. We blew it with nasri and god knows who else. Theres no point trying to claim the moral high ground by saying ''we wont pay big transfer fees or big wages''. Do you think city will be bothered at 5pm tomorrow that they ve spent vast sums! I think not

Going sound like broken record again, but I agree.

I thought I was only one who felt this way about past few seasons.

We have let the competition get right back up out backsides again when we should have pushed on.

Last years CL final should have been the wake up call of all and yet nothing was done.

Going sound like broken record again, but I agree.

I thought I was only one who felt this way about past few seasons.

We have let the competition get right back up out backsides again when we should have pushed on.

Last years CL final should have been the wake up call of all and yet nothing was done.
    Its a broke record kind of weekend i think! We were in a position in at the end of 08/09 if we had added a few more quality players we d have been out of sight in the PL for years to come. We won 10/11 and should have won 09/10 and 11/12 with a mediocre squad. when you think of it like that its enough to make your head explode. ( my head will actually explode when I see Tevez and his hired guns lift our cup tomorrow!:mad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

While I agree with your long post, I want to correct you on these:

Should have signed Ribery when Ronaldo left? Ribery would not have been the answer. Robben perhaps, but I really dont think Ribery would suit us.

Blew it with Ozil? He wanted to play for Madrid, not us. I really dont think we could have done anything more.

Blew it with Nasri? Good, Samir Nasri is not a great player. He is a streaky player who ultimately flatters to decieve, and ALWAYS goes missing for large parts of the season. He tried to hold United for ransom, he was told to do one. I am absolutely delighted he does not play for us.

Would have loved if we signed Sneijder, to take some of the creative burden away from Rooney. We also should have spent big on a proper central midfielder.

It was the same after 99 though. Should have kicked on, capitalized, but went backwards instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,452 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Management ha to change in some way. I was very critical of Fergie in the aftermath of the City game and went as far as to suggest he should crown his replacement sooner rather than later. That said though the tactics were noticeably better under McClaren, Kidd and Queiroz.

I remember seeing a behind the scenes video with Fergie and Archie Knox I think from 92 and being very surprised at the level of involvement the assistant has. Phelan's an easy target but Fergie, while being a master of motivation, has really shown his tactical weakness in big games in the last couple of years. I think someone like Martinez with United's budget could work wonders tbh

Its a broke record kind of weekend i think! We were in a position in at the end of 08/09 if we had added a few more quality players we d have been out of sight in the PL for years to come. We won 10/11 and should have won 09/10 and 11/12 with a mediocre squad. when you think of it like that its enough to make your head explode. ( my head will actually explode when I see Tevez and his hired guns lift our cup tomorrow!:mad:)

I'm out!

Id advise you not to watch the footie tomorrow buddy

Said it in other thread, but I wont be holding my breath come 3pm tomorrow.

I can see City having job done within 45 minutes.

My worry now is that we will be buying good players, but not good enough players in the summer transfer window.

Im confident enough that we will get 1 big name, but in honesty we need 3-4.

kryogen wrote: »
    I'm out!

Id advise you not to watch the footie tomorrow buddy
    I m taking the wise option tomorrow to give it a skip for my long term health

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Should have signed Ribery when Ronaldo left? Ribery would not have been the answer. Robben perhaps, but I really dont think Ribery would suit us.

Blew it with Ozil? He wanted to play for Madrid, not us. I really dont think we could have done anything more.

Blew it with Nasri? Good, Samir Nasri is not a great player. He is a streaky player who ultimately flatters to decieve, and ALWAYS goes missing for large parts of the season. He tried to hold United for ransom, he was told to do one. I am absolutely delighted he does not play for us.

Would have loved if we signed Sneijder, to take some of the creative burden away from Rooney. We also should have spent big on a proper central midfielder.
    I dont think Nasri would have been the answer but its an example of how a player chose CIty over us because we wouldnt go all out to get him and instead we trotted out the old line of '' no value in the market ''. City got value for money with Aguero, Toure et al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,452 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I dont think Nasri would have been the answer but its an example of how a player chose CIty over us because we wouldnt go all out to get him and instead we trotted out the old line of '' no value in the market ''. City got value for money with Aguero, Toure et al
    not sure if you can call them two value signings. Together they've probably cost City about 100m in the time they've been there...

But not with Nasri, they were booing him at one stage. And again, I agree with most of what you are saying, it's just I've seen a few United fans upset with the fact we missed out on Nasri last season, and everytime I feel the need to point out just how much of a sunny day player he is. City under paid for Aguero and Toure fwiw. At the start of the season Nasri was fantastic, I thought to myself, maybe it was Arsenal holding him back? He then regressed to his old self of pouting and hiding. Don't rate him.

Talking about jerseys, Nike should bring back these.

new-manchester-united-home-kit-070931.jpg

Rooney_10_Manchester_United_Away__Jersey_2007_08_CL.jpg

2007-08 was perfect season, with on the pitch performance to jersey. Only if the ref had balls to award penalty against Portsmouth we would have won treble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Liam O wrote: »
    Management ha to change in some way. I was very critical of Fergie in the aftermath of the City game and went as far as to suggest he should crown his replacement sooner rather than later. That said though the tactics were noticeably better under McClaren, Kidd and Queiroz.

I remember seeing a behind the scenes video with Fergie and Archie Knox I think from 92 and being very surprised at the level of involvement the assistant has. Phelan's an easy target but Fergie, while being a master of motivation, has really shown his tactical weakness in big games in the last couple of years. I think someone like Martinez with United's budget could work wonders tbh

I disagree so much with pretty much all of this. I'll just preface this with the fact that United are on the cusp of an 89 point season. We also have a new crop of youngsters who are going to mature into top players. Smalling, Jones, Rafael, Welbeck, Hernandez and cleverly have all shown major potential.

Calling for Fergie's head after this season is absolutely mental. McClaren, Kidd and Queiroz are various levels of failures at managerial level. Fergie is excellent when it comes to bigger picture tactics. We win leagues and cups because Fergie has a shape and a method of playing ingrained into each and every player. He can be outdone in single games and the odd two-legged cup tie but overall he has had his tactics right 90% of the time.

There is still no evidence coming forward to support those calling for Phelan's head. Finally, to suggest that Martinez could do a better job than Fergie, which is essentially what you are suggesting, is absolutely crazy. Managing Wigan and managing Manchester United are two very different propects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

@Giggsy11 I have that red one and it's hanging on by it's last threads it has been worn and washed so often. Wish I got the black one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thoughts for tomorrow then lads? From our point of view it's hard to know what O'Neill will do. There's a bit of talk in Sunderland that Wickham will start.

I guess we'll line up like this:
    Mignolet

O'Shea Turner Kilgallon Bardsley

Gardner Cattermole Colback McClean

Sessegnon

Bendtner/Wickham

Could be completely wrong there mind, it's a complete guess.

I think it will be a decent game actually and can see us nicking a point. Should be a good atmosphere too.

Oh, if any of you are going to it, at 3:20pm there will be a 360 degree camera shot so you'll get to see yourself in the crowd from Monday when it is uploaded onto the SAFC website.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    @Giggsy11 I have that red one and it's hanging on by it's last threads it has been worn and washed so often. Wish I got the black one too.

Even I have red one with Giggs name on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Talking about jerseys, Nike should bring back these.

2007-09 kits

2007-08 was perfect season, with on the pitch performance to jersey. Only if the ref had balls to award penalty against Portsmouth we would have won treble.
    One of the sexiest kits we've had

• Advertisement

Why does Bardsley not play right back and O Shea left back Paully?

Paully D wrote: »
    Oh, if any of you are going to it, at 3:20pm there will be a 360 degree camera shot so you'll get to see yourself in the crowd from Monday when it is uploaded onto the SAFC website.

Was at the same game last year, when Bebe came on for his long awaited debut as sub

You can be very proud of the team you support Paully. Great fans and atmosphere.

As for your predication I think your right I fancy ye for point.

Why does Bardsley not play right back and O Shea left back Paully?

O'Shea was playing CB for most of the season, but he picked up a knock and missed a few weeks. Kilgallon came into CB in his absence and played really well, so well that he was undroppable to be honest.

When O'Shea was back fit, Richardson picked up a knock at LB and O'Neill wanted to fit O'Shea in someone so decided to use him at RB with Bardsley shifting across to LB.

To be honest it's completely square pegs in round holes and O'Shea should play nowhere but CB for us, but O'Neill has always had a habit for playing centre half's in the full back positions during his managerial career.

O'Shea has played a few games at RB for us but actuallu never at LB at all at Sunderland, whereas Bardsley has played LB numerous times for us under Keane and Bruce.

I will give you my reasons if you stop being a ****.

Name calling, nice.

By the way, you used the above as an argument against mine first, but enlighten me if you have some facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Im confident enough that we will get 1 big name, but in honesty we need 3-4.

I think two players is what we need. 3-4 would be fantastic but so say we need 3-4 is off the mark IMO. The squad we have is excellent, one of the strongest, if not the strongest in the league. Our starting 11 is very good but not the best starting 11. We certainly need at least one player to come straight in
    to the starting 11, perhaps 2. I think the last 3-4 weeks results are over exaggerating our problems.

The midfield is the area that needs to be addressed if we are to continue competing. It will also improve our style of play. There are still some teething problems with some younger members of the squad but I'm confident they will be ironed out over time.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about losing the league(yes yes, ok, if we do lose it) and am still fuming about the collapse in the last 3 weeks by the team but, I still believe we are close to having a great team and some people are overstating the problems in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just on SAF at the German cup game, could it be he is looking at someone else?
    I think the Kagawa deal is done already. No real need to be travelling to Germany at this stage?

• Advertisement

Just because you don't have any evidence of his inadequacy as an assistant doesn't mean nobody has, I have already gone into it before, have no desire to do it again at the moment, I just want to point out that I have been critical of Phelan for about 2 years at this stage.

Well I don't see how any "evidence" can be gotten, unless suggesting personal opinion is evidence, or you know what happens behind closed doors at Old Trafford. If you don't want to get into again, fine, but if you could point me to the posts you've already made on it I'll gladly read them. You've written a good few pieces on this forum I find quite to be quite well written.

Was at the same game last year, when Bebe came on for his long awaited debut as sub

You can be very proud of the team you support Paully. Great fans and atmosphere.

As for your predication I think your right I fancy ye for point.

Thanks mate, always nice to hear things like that.

We've had a lot of bad times down through the years and in my lifetime have generally always been overshadowed by our great rivals apart from a 3 year spell recently, but I like to think we're viewed as a club with passionate fans who stick by through thick and thin.

Hopefully there's some good times around the corner under O'Neill, but I won't get greedy considering only 6 years ago we had lost 2-1 to Bury in the Carling Cup and were bottom of the Championship with the likes of Stead, Alnwick, Murphy, Tommy Miller and Andy Gray in the team. Now we're an established PL team with players such as O'Shea, Brown and Sessegnon. Some turnaround!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Resigned to the fact that City will win the league so not getting worked up about it,I vented my bile & hatred a couple of weeks ago.But if by some miracle results go our way I might just explode plus I have a City supporting friend who has himself in a frenzy over them being champions despite 1 game to go.The thoughts of him rocking back & forth curled up in a corner wearing his tear stained City shirt would be amazing if City blow it.

adox wrote: »
    I think two players is what we need. 3-4 would be fantastic but so say we need 3-4 is off the mark IMO. The squad we have is excellent, one of the strongest, if not the strongest in the league. Our starting 11 is very good but not the best starting 11. We certainly need at least one player to come straight in
    to the starting 11, perhaps 2. I think the last 3-4 weeks results are over exaggerating our problems.

The midfield is the area that needs to be addressed if we are to continue competing. It will also improve our style of play. There are still some teething problems with some younger members of the squad but I'm confident they will be ironed out over time.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about losing the league(yes yes, ok, if we do lose it) and am still fuming about the collapse in the last 3 weeks by the team but, I still believe we are close to having a great team and some people are overstating the problems in the squad.

Fair enough Adox I accept your argument, but I dont agree especially with what I highlighted.

The thing is the last 3 weeks should be a time when good team pushes on and win the league. Now I understand and am willing to accept we still have very young team, and we will get better. But CM needs serious addressing and right away.

It should have been done last season after the CL, but was left blank and void for excuses that Fergie came out with.

We need a ball winner and playmaker without question. We more then likely need a striker also and then we need cover for LB. Thats 4 players we need right there.

I have said that if Pogba was to stay on then I be more then happy to see him get some gametime in the expense of buying a player, but if reports are to be believed then he is on his way out.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Just on SAF at the German cup game, could it be he is looking at someone else?
    I think the Kagawa deal is done already. No real need to be travelling to Germany at this stage?

If we sign Mario Goetze or Tony Kroos I will buy you a pint.

• Advertisement

Do you rate Kroos Mikey?

If he was looking at Lahm and Schweinsteiger i ll buy you the whole brewery

Do you rate Kroos Mikey?

I do.

And I also believe that after Euro 2012 a hell of a lot more will (if they don't already, eg. Semi final vs Real). I've been following the Bundesliga since I went to FC Koln vs Hannover 96 in Cologne back in 2008 and was absolutely blown away. It is a brilliant league, full of very good players who seem to have very little trouble if asked to make the jump to the Prem.

I do.

And I also believe that after Euro 2012 a hell of a lot more will. I've been following the Bundesliga since I went to Cologne vs Hannover 96 back in 2008 and was absolutely blown away. It is a brilliant league, full of very good players who seem to have very little trouble if asked to make the jump to the Prem.

My mate says same. Not seen enough of German league so cant comment.

Tbh I think its league we should look to buy more players from. I know they like to stay at home, but having a German or 2 in your team can never be bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tbh I think its league we should look to buy more players from. I know they like to stay at home, but having a German or 2 in your team can never be bad thing.

It's strange,the majority of Bundesliga players tend to stay in Germany and move between German clubs rather than go abroad.There have been a few exceptions but overall they seem pretty loyal to the German League.

Some great talent there and hopefully United can tempt a few to England.

Ligue 1 is another one. I've always found players coming from France adapt to the Premier League well and fairly quickly too.

zerks wrote: »
    It's strange,the majority of Bundesliga players tend to stay in Germany and move between German clubs rather than go abroad.There have been a few exceptions but overall they seem pretty loyal to the German League.

Some great talent there and hopefully United can tempt a few to England.

If for nothing else just to have players with that touch of arrogence and confidence when playing in Europe.

When Schweinsteiger stepped up last week for that penalty against Madrid it was goal before it hit the net.

Its hard to but that type of player

Toni Kroos is a beast, I would love it if he were available and we could get him, have said this before, think he will be a star at the Euros and his profile will go through the roof

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Re Rooney's best Position.

I think United were at their best when he had players around him he could swap positions with. I am thinking of Ronaldo and Tevez. Rooney may look at his best in the No 10 but it doesn't mean United will be at their best.

In a fluid attack Rooney has help with creating things - making the overall attack better. It also allows him to focus on finding space near the goal so he can get on the end of an attack rather than having to set up every attack.

So another player who can play the no 10 would be a welcome addition to the squad and the team.

I wouldn't be worried about Welbeck or Hernandez getting game time either. Welbeck has can be part of a fluid attack with Rooney or a Kagawa type player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Toni Kroos is a beast, I would love it if he were available and we could get him, have said this before, think he will be a star at the Euros and his profile will go through the roof
    If he stars at the Euros I'll buy you a pint. A good player that works very well in an excellent midfield - mho

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement