Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Stoke Bolton game is also important, and QPR will have an eye on it.

If Stoke go two or three goals up, QPR will take their foot off the gas imo, they'll be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I cant see Bolton getting a win at Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Let's start QPR chants

Olee oleee oleeee, Cissé, ole ole oleeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Des wrote: »
    The Stoke Bolton game is also important, and QPR will have an eye on it.

If Stoke go two or three goals up, QPR will take their foot off the gas imo, they'll be safe.

Maybe, although stopping City winning the league on their own patch would be a fairly big incentive for a lot of them anyway so I do think they will try regardless of what happens in the Stoke game, although of course you're right that it'd be better if that game remained in the balance/Bolton winning as it would mean they would have to work hard.

What needs to happen today for United to have any chance is QPR to stop City from scoring in the first 30 mins and United to score first. That would make the City crowd edgy, and the nerves would probably transmit onto the pitch.

The thing that gives me a glimmer of hope today is the fact that City are a team that you can park the bus against effectively. They attack primarily through the centre and lack natural wingers that can stretch defenses. QPR's plan would be to clog everything up in the centre and let the City fullbacks have the ball. Still, very slim chance of it coming off over the 90 mins, QPR will probably need to score at least one to have any chance of getting something.

Don't see it myself but much stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

United need to come out of the blocks like a rocket and score in the first few mins. 2 goals inside 15 would be fantastic and then anything is 'possible'. Need to press Sunderland right up inside their own half and not give them any time of the ball. If we score a few early they might just go into holiday mode.
    The 99 team I would have felt was possible but this side doesn't play that kind of tempo.

I have some faith though, €5 on Rooney top scorer and United champions. 65-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm in some strange hyper good form this morning. I wonder what time reality will strike at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I'm in some strange hyper good form this morning. I wonder what time reality will strike at?

Ive awoken in a terrible mood. To think its the last game of the season and we're level on points but basically zero chance of winning the title is just depressing.

s.welstead wrote: »
    United need to come out of the blocks like a rocket and score in the first few mins. 2 goals inside 15 would be fantastic and then anything is 'possible'. Need to press Sunderland right up inside their own half and not give them any time of the ball. If we score a few early they might just go into holiday mode.
    The 99 team I would have felt was possible but this side doesn't play that kind of tempo.

I have some faith though, €5 on Rooney top scorer and United champions. 65-1 :D

We wont be hockying Sunderland today. We'll be doing very well to win with any degree of comfort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I resigned myself to the fact we were coming second when we lost to City so not feeling bad today. Just sad that it's the last game of the season, so hoping we just get a win and a good game of football to wrap things up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

We wont be hockying Sunderland today. We'll be doing very well to win with any degree of comfort.

I refuse to believe in any kind of reality today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I don't know if it happens every season but this one has flew by. Seems like only yesterday we beat West Brom 2-1. Sad times.

I've convinced myself QPR will get battered today and City are champions as to reduce the sadness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Just found out I won't be watching :mad: The one day I really want to just park myself in front of the telly for football, and my family wants to drag me out >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Yeah same here, I'm saying City are champs now. It would be important to say we only lost on goal difference too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Let's start QPR chants

Olee oleee oleeee, Cissé, ole ole oleeee

Didn't work last week, maybe we'll have more luck with it today.

Cissé, Give Us A Goal,
    Cissé, Cissé, Give Us A Goal......

Kinda aresigned to the fact that City gonna be crowned champions - hoping otherwise, obviously, but just can not see anything other than a comfortable city win. Gonna sicken my hole to see Tevez with a medal around his neck.

Cissé has either scored or been sent off in all of the matches he's played for QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

If Cisse scores the winner today, I will replicate whatever haircut he is sporting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

DB21 wrote: »
    Just found out I won't be watching :mad: The one day I really want to just park myself in front of the telly for football, and my family wants to drag me out >_>

Call yourself a fan ,YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A NEW FAMILY.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

DB21 wrote: »

united_kids_wife.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Evra (C), Ferdinand, Evans, Valencia, Young, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney.

Bench: Amos, Rafael, Nani, Park, Berbatov, Chicharirto AND OWEN

Good to see Evans back. 5 man midfield again.

• Advertisement

Giggs and Jones. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Jones at right back. Jesus Christ. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Blatter wrote: »
    Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Evra (C), Ferdinand, Evans, Valencia, Young, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney.

Bench: Amos, Rafael, Nani, Park, Berbatov, Chicharirto AND OWEN

Good to see Evans back. 5 man midfield again.

Have Evans as my third sub on Fantasy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Have Evans as my third sub on Fantasy :(
    You must have some team! I'm consolidating 17th (out of 17) in my work league :o

Cant believe that Young is starting ahead of Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Whats the deal with Cleverly? Is he injured again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You must have some team! I'm consolidating 17th (out of 17) in my work league :o

Cant believe that Young is starting ahead of Nani

Ah it's not too bad. Gone to the dogs the last few weeks though. Coming 5th in the United Thread Reds league that was set up at the start of the season. I'm 64 behind the leader. Some going from him.

• Advertisement

If Cisse scores the winner today, I will replicate whatever haircut he is sporting!

brilliant. would suck though if we both lost and you then still have to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The myth about United and Fergie, in particular, "having the experience" at the business end of the season to "see it through" is shattered. Fergies "mind games" beaten by Manchini.
    City have done a serious amount of damage to United this season.
    It's a truly awful way to end the season. City deserving to win the league having beaten united twice. *

* Really really hoping for a serious powerful jinx.

If United win the league feel free to give me a torrent of abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How long have you been waiting kippy? Couldn't last another 90 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

I'm not happy with that team at all, kinda took the wind out of my sails, feel the same as when I saw the teamsheet vs City. Why no Raf, ugh! Although the prospect of Micky Owen becoming a super hero is nice. 90 mins both games level he pops in with a 5 yard winner... one can dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Someone save the game. If City win, reload the save later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting kippy? Couldn't last another 90 minutes?

Theres no point in jinxing after the fact...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Nervous as f@ck now, I know it's more than likely over but I live in hope.......at least until Agura scores after 5 mins for City that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

kippy wrote: »
    The myth about United and Fergie, in particular, "having the experience" at the business end of the season to "see it through" is shattered. Fergies "mind games" beaten by Manchini.

I would have given more credit to citys team and squad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

kippy wrote: »
    City have done a serious amount of damage to United this season.
    It's a truly awful way to end the season. City deserving to win the league having beaten united twice. *

* Really really hoping for a serious powerful jinx.

If United win the league feel free to give me a torrent of abuse.

City deserve to win the league after the comeback they've made with the tougher run in than Utd. No doubt about it. Utd have thrown it away, no doubt about that either.

City will have hurt Utd alright but not as much as Kenny has hurt the progress of Liverpool i would imagine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Someone save the game. If City win, reload the save later.

Or use FMRTE and use "Destroy team" option which means QPR will win atleast by 5-6 goals.

This american commentary for the United match is absolutely priceless.

Its a bit of a downer knowing this is the last game of the season too :(

Quandary wrote: »
    Its a bit of a downer knowing this is the last game of the season too :(

im in such bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Do you guys think we could get kawaga in a straight swab for berba

im in such bad form.

I dont feel as bad as I did after the Everton/City matches to be honest. I've accepted it at this stage. We have blown it in a huge huge way unfortunately, but right now there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Let's try and enjoy a final win (hopefully) of the season.

• Advertisement

Do you guys think we could get kawaga in a straight swab for berba

Not a chance.

Congrats on 2000 posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

yes rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Paddy kenny you twat! If it was a big mac you d have caught it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

We were almost there, yet so far. Just a matter of min.

i wish to fcuk City had just hammered QPR

devastated all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Heartbreak, thy name is football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

The cruelest possible way that could have happened. Fûck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why couldn't they just score early?

Fúcking false hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

To lose in that manner is tough. I'm bloody gutted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Could not be more devastated after that, horrible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement