Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I had a feeling City would score late. They were the better team over the course of the season but that was a sickening way to lose the title. Can't believe it came down to the final minutes of the season to decide the overall winner. Gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Deflated but a ****ing great day of emotion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

That is worse than I could ever have imagined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Im going to have to go and get very drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'll echo all of your sentiments, I'd have rathered City went out there and annihilated QPR than to put up with what happened. Gutted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think I actually feel worse with the way it went down. I wasn't expecting QPR to get a point, but the way it all went down has me feeling sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Im guessing this is how Bayern fans felt in 99 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

They'll be dancing in the streets of Stockport tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

In fairness guys,we have had so much success over the years compared to them.
    Now we know how it feels.
    United lost the title long before today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

So so so so close.

I'm gutted! But with a team like City's, they struggled to just win one cup where they could have won more.

We did well, I think. Although we did throw some important games away, that's to be expected really, isn't it?

Oh well. I ain't turning on the telly, don't want to see City lifting the cup. :(

• Advertisement

Fair play paddy kenny, put that mistake behind him and almost won it for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

POSSY wrote: »
    Im guessing this is how Bayern fans felt in 99 :(

13 years on I can appreciate it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Why can't it be night time so I can go to sleep, not looking forward to football later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Winning a title on goal difference doesn't really show their multimillion pound dominance neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Absolutely gutted beyond belief...
    I knew it was coming once City equalised, but the two goals came so fast that it hadn't sunk in....
    Really wish City had just mauled QPR 8-0 or something...
    More heartbroken now than I was last week...

And now I've to study for an exam so I can't even drink this misery away. :(

Leaving that aside, a great final day to the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

It's times like these I'm glad I'm the only male on my team at work. The girls don't know a thing about football. Tomorrow will be peaceful at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Bah just bah..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was 26 when the games kicked off.

I'm now 74 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

**** it, just **** it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Sergio Aguero says what? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Lads, I just don't know what just happened. That was ridiculous. I knew they'd score at least one but to get the second I wasn't sure.

Just like the Sunderland game.

But, fcuk it, they did it in the end so fair play I suppose. Don't think we'll ever see a final day like this again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

As others have said, to lose it like that is heart breaking, feel so gutted and deflated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Thank god I'm off to Amsterdam next weekend. Hopefully I can erase this day from my memory forever with three days of debauchery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Feel sick tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

In all my years of following a variety professional sports at different levels, this is by far the biggest kick in the balls i've ever got in my life as a fan. Probably aged 25 years in the last 15 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Fart wrote: »
    Winning a title on goal difference doesn't really show their multimillion pound dominance neither.

come on man stop being so bitter, City deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ah. The worst way to lose it. So close.

At the end of the day it's only a game, let (true) City fans celebrate.

We only lost the league on goal difference after all, and in the last kick of a game.

It's been a dramatic season, we'll be back year.

To all the non regulars, see ye next season! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Anybody got a Men in Black memory eraser I can borrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im so bloody devestated, i half heartedly watched the match because I expected city to stroll theres. As the games were ending I believed that all we neededwas to do our job and win our game because no way city where getting 2 goals in stoppage time, absolutely gutted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Good win for United at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Right. Onward & upward.
    Simply we havent been good enough for massive parts of this season.
    Let the transfer muppetry begin!!!
    When does the window open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sick, especially the way it went today, getting false hope when I knew I shouldn't have.

All I think of is that ****ing Everton game. Two goals up at home with 8 minutes to go - unforgivable.

Anyway congrats to City. It doesn't matter that it's goal difference that decided it, they deserve it. They did their best to make a bollix of it but got there in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Oranage2 wrote: »
    come on man stop being so bitter, City deserved it.

They deserve it no more then we would have had Aguero not scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

City were that little bit less shìt than us over the course of the season and deserve their title.
    Shìtty way to lose out but that's the way it goes.Fine margins was always going to be how it was won after what happened over the last few weeks.

Forget it for now and move on.
    Looking forward to how we approach the challenge next season and a change in personnel.

Can't win them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck football related media for around two weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I m watching it at home and i m ashamed to say I ve cried for the first time since a family funeral. To be so close and have it snatched away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

cambo2008 wrote: »
    City were that little bit less shìt than us over the course of the season and deserve their title.
    Shìtty way to lose out but that's the way it goes.Fine margins was always going to be how it was won after what happened over the last few weeks.

Forget it for now and move on.
    Looking forward to how we approach the challenge next season and a change in personnel.

Can't win them all.

I'm just hoping for fewer injuries next year. Probably wishful thinking but we were decimated at times this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

n32 wrote: »
    I m watching it at home and i m ashamed to say I ve cried for the first time since a family funeral. To be so close and have it snatched away

Go out and get your hole or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Could you imagine how sick SAF is right now.

That is the only good thing to take out of today.
    Going into this transfer market and him sick as a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

adox wrote: »
    Anyway congrats to City. It doesn't matter that it's goal difference that decided it, they deserve it.

This.

We weren't good enough, simple as. Aside from a few spells where they slipped up, City looked by far the most convincing team in the league.

Just a real balls to be given a glimmer of hope like today.

At least they gave us something to shout for, I'd take this over a 6-0 hammering of Qpr tbh.

Terrible result but fúck me the anticipation and everything of today, what an emotional day and fair play to city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'll be honest, when QPR were a goal up at 90 minutes I actually believed. But wow, those 2 goals in 3 minutes really did hurt. I mean ****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Haregreves, Tevez and Brian Kidd coming out. ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Mancini was like a freakin mad man on the touchline:eek:
    Lucky when u have 27 million Dzeko and 38 million aguero to bail u out.
    Fergie get the damn chequebook out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Fart wrote: »

No but it does show how the red side of Manchester threw away a fairly significant lead, to lose the title on goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yup, tantrum time.

CUSHION? WTF you doing over there...*smack*.....Lamp? **** you *whacK*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm just hoping for fewer injuries next year. Probably wishful thinking but we were decimated at times this season.
    True.Even if we just had Vidic and Nani available all season it could have been so different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

At least they gave us something to shout for, I'd take this over a 6-0 hammering of Qpr tbh.

No way.

We had all accepted it that City had won before today but after that drama it just rubs salt into the old wound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Could see late City goals coming tbh, its something we've done many times over the years and its what you need to be champions.

Looking forward to next season and the pursuit of no.20

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement