Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't like to say we made our money the "right" way. That's a tad arrogant and dismissive. But I do think there's a difference with how United made its cash and built it's empire

As an arsenal fan, I'd just like to send out a warning that you don't want to go down this line of thinking at all - it's exactly what's wrong with our club and ultimatly becomes an excuse for not winning.

City fans don't give a sh1t about the difference you're speaking of and that's how you need to look at it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

n32 wrote: »
    And thats the most galling aspect of it. We really did leave it after us. Today wasnt the day we lost it, today was just cruel and unusual punishment. WIgan and Everton were costly slips but between the first week of january and the wigan game our results were freakishly good. We were due a slip if we re honest with ourselves. Whats really bugging me is that we took 6 from arsenal, 6 from spurs,4 from liverpool and chelsea, won in goodison, reebok, stadium of light, ewood park and still lost the league. The away results deserved more than we ve finished up with . But hey thats football and thats why we ll be back again next august ready to go through it all again, God help us:P

The Everton game was the big one for me . . They f**kin blew it in that game because it shaped fergies team against City. The team looked as nervous as the managers lineup/tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

They'll be dancing in the streets of Stockport tonight.

What is this even supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

FAir enough we spent big on Veron, Rio and RVN but they were bought as nailed on starters, City can spend that on Dzeko, Balotelli etc who can sit on the bench. We never spent ridiculous money on a player who wasnt going to be a guaranteed first XI player.

Berbatov was on the bench today. £30 million. Enough said.
    Just go through the City bench of a given matchday and look at the price tags. Even today; Barry 12m replaced by Dzeko 27m and Tevez 25m replaced by Balotelli 25m. Thats mind blowing. We never had that much of a gulf between us and the rest when it came to spending power and anyone who say we did is deluded.

I must have missed the other teams spending £28 million and £19 million in one season in the early 2000s before Abramovich came along.
    Citys money was a contributing factor not a deciding factor. you can buy who like but you still have to mould them into a team and mancini deserves credt for that. Its not what you spend its how you spend it and how you maximise the talent you buy. That said it turns my stomach to see that type of fantasy football spending whereby very good players are prepared to take the big wages to be a squad player instead of being on less money but being a main player at a different club.

Why? You're supposed to work for the most money you can get, and in football win trophies. You're telling me, given a choice, you'd rather be a star at Villa and get less money rather than get more money to play less games to win trophies at City? Yeah course you would.
    Dont get me wrong I m not bitching about their money, I think they thoroughly deserved the league. What bugs me is that before the cash injection City were a joke, flirting with relegation and generally mediocre. To see City get a stadium for practically nothing and a ferocious war chest must have been hard to take for clubs like Everton, Spurs, Newcastle who were well ahead of City but who never had the resources to kick on to the next level. The accusation that United bought their success is nonsense. SAF bought players like Irwin, Schmeichel and Roy to complement what he had already and the youth system in the early 90's was fantastic. City cant say they won the league because of a long term youth development programme and team building like teams did in the past.

Exactly, they were mediocre, so City needed the money to compete. Roy Keane cost a fortune FFS. United had a crop of talented young players, no doubt. But the money they spent was big in the early 90's. Robson, Cantona, Cole being just three. Not all of City's players were mega stars either. Kompany cost £6 million, a pittance relatively speaking. Same with Zabaleta and Hart.

Who has come through United's youth team and stayed the course since the exceptional 95 class? Wellbeck, Fletcher and Evans and one or two others that were bought in young like the twins. That's about it really. Hardly a cantera is it?
    They ve become successful because they were the right club in the right place at the right time. I suppose thats the way its going now with CIty, PSG, Chelsea etc... It pains me to say it but the old fashioned way that football was run is over and the era of middle eastern Sugar Daddy benefactors using clubs as toys is the way its going.
    I m still hoping the CIA find a link between Sheikh Mansour and some Islamic Jihadist and bring it all crashing down!:D

If only our Yankee Sugar Daddys werent broke!

They've spent a fair bit of money last season. De Gea, Jones, Young. They weren't Bosmans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I don't think people are against City spending big, it's just they are spending ridiculous amounts of money that they don't generate back or even come close too.

Here is a list of the Premier League's spending by team from 1992-2010.

10ruyhj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

We didn't lose the title, or two champions league finals before that, because Manchester City invested a load of money in their squad. We lost it because the Glazers have sucked hundreds of millions out of the club and the money that Fergie has had to spend, he has totally ignored the fundamentally problem with the squad.

With the right summer signings last year, we could have won the title. We didn't. Well done City's players, irrespective of how they got there, they outperformed United's players. I don't think there's a huge difference in the talent in the squad, it's just there's isn't missing a glaring hole in the middle of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Chelsea fan since way back.

Just want to say how sorry I am for you United fans tonight. Its a sickening thing what happened to you today. Fair play to City. But you should be proud of your team's effort this season.

It will take you a long time to get over this. I still have flashbacks of our 2008 Champions League Final. We hit the woodwork twice in normal play, and then John Terry's slip at his penalty and bang , more woodwork. Gut wrenching does not come into it.

Anyway, just wanted to say an honest and sympathetic "hard luck".

ye'll be back, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

There was 5 minutes when I had hope. Then Dzeko scored. "Please hold on". They lumped the ball right back to City. Goal. All for naught. To lose it on goal difference to City is the worst experience I've had as a United fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

When they beat us in the Ethiad you just knew they'd win it. But I always had hope, that was properly squashed last Sunday at Newcastle. Which made how today planned out worse.

• Advertisement

token101 wrote: »
    Berbatov was on the bench today. £30 million. Enough said.

I must have missed the other teams spending £28 million and £19 million in one season in the early 2000s before Abramovich came along.

Why? You're supposed to work for the most money you can get, and in football win trophies. You're telling me, given a choice, you'd rather be a star at Villa and get less money rather than get more money to play less games to win trophies at City? Yeah course you would.

Exactly, they were mediocre, so City needed the money to compete. Roy Keane cost a fortune FFS. United had a crop of talented young players, no doubt. But the money they spent was big in the early 90's. Robson, Cantona, Cole being just three. Not all of City's players were mega stars either. Kompany cost £6 million, a pittance relatively speaking. Same with Zabaleta and Hart.

Who has come through United's youth team and stayed the course since the exceptional 95 class? Wellbeck, Fletcher and Evans and one or two others that were bought in young like the twins. That's about it really. Hardly a cantera is it?

They've spent a fair bit of money last season. De Gea, Jones, Young. They weren't Bosmans.

I love these posts, so informative and full of wisdom . . Were you laughing before, during, after or at all stages while writing this ?

Uniteds spending power has never been anywhere near the levels City have shown and I cant think of too many seasons when there werent clubs in uniteds spending league in England. By that basic power of deduction Uniteds success was much harder won . .

Uniteds purchases the last two seasons were as a result of the Ronaldo sale, not because the club has millions to blow on players.

Cantona cost 1.2million, even in 92 that wasnt even the cost of Gareth Barry!

City have taken the concept of "buying success" to whole new proportions that Chelsea achieved in the 00s. Its success, but hardly success worth admiring as its success Mostly down to money.

Oh and Uniteds net spend since the Glazers joined has seldom (if ever) been more then any other team around them.

Drumpot wrote: »
    United built success, City skipped the building and just bought it, they are like chalk and chees. . Ferguson didnt have a billionaire backing him in the 80s and it has taken clubs with unfound wealth (blackburn, chelsea, city) to dethrone united.

Says alot about ferguson and its a backhanded compliment if people excuse spending hundreds of millions as the ONLY way teams can catch up with such a legend.

If people really think (as opposed to just simply want to believe) City and Uniteds success are similar, then theres not really much chance of explaining the differance.

Ferguson spent a lot to win his first trophy buying Robson, and spent untold amounts down through the seasons to maintain it aswell as having one unreal youth team. If that's building success, then fair enough, they did it. But City did it faster and will probably spend more to maintain it because they'll have to.

When Magnier and McManus were investing in Veron and Van Nistelrooy to maintain this success, no City fan ever said a word about it being unfair. Just silently jealous that they had such money whilst I had to watch Lee Crooks and Jamie Pollock. Now it's the other way around, it's so unfair. It's begrudgery, pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

F**k sake, knew I shouldn't have watched motd :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Fergie and United Building a club from a shadow of itself to a powerhouse in world football, with the same kind of finances as those around them at the time

is far more difficult and commendable and a bigger achievement then

City and Mancini buying an entire squad in the space of three seasons with unlimited finances

The net result is the same , but the manner in which success was cultivated is completely differant.
    And Uniteds sustained success is nothing to do with Money?
    You try and "cultivate" like they do at Arsenal, and without the money, you will watch your best players move elsewhere year on year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ferguson spent a lot to win his first trophy buying Robson, and spent untold amounts down through the seasons to maintain it aswell as having one unreal youth team. If that's building success, then fair enough, they did it. But City did it faster and will probably spend more to maintain it because they'll have to.

When Magnier and McManus were investing in Veron and Van Nistelrooy to maintain this success, no City fan ever said a word about it being unfair. Just silently jealous that they had such money whilst I had to watch Lee Crooks and Jamie Pollock. Now it's the other way around, it's so unfair. It's begrudgery, pure and simple.

Am I drunk or did he say "Robson"?

I love these posts, so informative and full of wisdom . . Were you laughing before, during, after or at all stages while writing this ?

Uniteds spending power has never been anywhere near the levels City have shown and I cant think of too many seasons when there werent clubs in uniteds spending league in England.

Uniteds purchases last season were as a result of the Ronaldo sale, not because the club has millions to blow on players.

Cantona cost 1.2million, even in 92 that wasnt even the cost of Gareth Barry!

City have taken the concept of "buying success" to whole new proportions that Chelsea achieved in the 00s. Its success, but hardly success worth admiring as its success Mostly down to money.

Oh and Uniteds net spend since the Glazers joined has seldom (if ever) been more then any other team around them.

Robson, Cole both broke transfer records. And they would have done with Shearer as well if he joined. Who did they sell in 2001 to afford RVN and Veron? 2004 for Rooney? Nobody was in United's league before Abramovich. You're deluded if you think otherwise.

So the Glazers are relatively tight fisted? Well, that's hardly City's fault is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

You cant compare Veron and Van Nistelrooy to Citys mass spending. Remember the year we bought them we sold our best defender jaap stam so it was a case of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. In 2001 we bought Veron and Ruud, 2002 we bought Rio, 2004 we bought Rooney, 2008 we bought Berba. Thats hardly on a par with City and if you think it is you are so far off the mark. City bought an entire squad, not a team an entire squad in 2-3 years. We never did that.

Brian Robson predates Fergie my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's like Richard Branson moaning that he worked for his first 50m but Dolores McNamara just had to pick a few numbers. Comes across as really petty.

It is pretty bad for English football, though. One or two rich people using clubs as toys is okay for now but if it was to happen on a wider scale you would see clubs fold left, right and centre when these guys start to pull out.

Bryan Robson joined United in 1981, how do you figure fergie bought him? . . .

How am I saying bad things about City ? I am just making a point that clubs like City are simply not good for the game. United dominating the league is not good for the game, but the differance is that United worked for their success.

Point stands . . Citys success is nothing like Uniteds, Arsenals or Liverpools of the 80s. These clubs built success on the backs of success, if you think its the same, good luck to you . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hurting a lot here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Are you really unable to see a difference in a club actually having the money to invest in players/wages/infrastructure based on success and what the club generates and spending absolute tonnes with no guaranteee theyll ever earn enough to even come close to matching it? City spend more then their entire revenue on just wages!

Am I drunk or did he say "Robson"?

Yeah I just realised that Ferguson didn't sign him :P I always thought he was Fergusons first big signing for some reason! Sure they still spent a ****load on him anyway. Just shows that United have always been able to spend. They didn't come from nowhere because of Ferguson's success. They always had money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

F**k the bitching lads, City didn't win the title, we lost it against Everton. That was the one game this season that will sicken me for a long time. Nobody expected it to be as close today, I though City would destroy QPR. To lose that way is rotten and a pain in the hole, but we'll be back. It's a young enough squad, supplement it with 1 or 2 midfielders in the Summer and we'll be laughing. Can't wait for next season. Fergie won't go until he silences City one more time!

It's like Richard Branson moaning that he worked for his first 50m but Dolores McNamara just had to pick a few numbers. Comes across as really petty.

It is pretty bad for English football, though. One or two rich people using clubs as toys is okay for now but if it was to happen on a wider scale you would see clubs fold left, right and centre when these guys start to pull out.

How is pointing out the obvious petty or moaning ?

I suppose if you grow up watching United build up from a current Everton status to where they are now you appreciate the work involved in doing so. I genuinley wouldnt swap how we did it , with how city did it . . Whats wrong with saying it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    F**k the bitching lads, City didn't win the title, we lost it against Everton. That was the one game this season that will sicken me for a long time. Nobody expected it to be as close today, I though City would destroy QPR. To lose that way is rotten and a pain in the hole, but we'll be back. It's a young enough squad, supplement it with 1 or 2 midfielders in the Summer and we'll be laughing. Can't wait for next season. Fergie won't go until he silences City one more time!

How many times can he keep doing it though, this challenge may be too much for him, he is looking old these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

niallo27 wrote: »
    How many times can he keep doing it though, this challenge may be too much for him, he is looking old these days.
    You'd be as well off asking the man himself, I personally have no idea about Fergie's general health/wellbeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

niallo27 wrote: »

What a stupid post. We lost on goal difference, City nearly choked and Fergie spent the season galvinising one of UTDs poorest and injury ravaged squads.

He is still the best manager in the country at 70. You just watch him challenge anyone that may agin next season.

Now scuttle back under your bridge troll.

How is pointing out the obvious petty or moaning ?

I suppose if you grow up watching United build up from a current Everton status to where they are now you appreciate the work involved in doing so. I genuinley wouldnt swap how we did it , with how city did it . . Whats wrong with saying it ?

It's the day that is in it. City won the league today. How can you not see that this would come across as petty?

Sure, it was like winning the lottery when the Sheikh randomly plucked them from mid-table mediocrity but it's done now and if I were a City fan i'd be delighted.

I'm excited for next season. I prefer the fact that we can't just discard players that aren't insta-performers and have to develop younger players to compete. But we're hardly paupers.

And we were never Everton level. We had a huge fanbase, taking between 10 and 15,000 to away games in the 70s and 80s. Everton have never been anywhere near the level of United. It's more like Liverpool of now level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone saying City's spending is in any way comparable to what United did over the years needs a reality check.

I'm not complaining about it.
    It's a challenge and if another club comes along with that financial clout it will be another challenge.
    It makes the league better and tougher to win.
    We lived with Chelsea we can live with City.

How am I saying bad things about City ? I am just making a point that clubs like City are simply not good for the game. United dominating the league is not good for the game, but the differance is that United worked for their success.

Worked for theirs....by building a team of young guys AND...by buying the best players! How many times did Ferguson break the transfer record in the 80's and early 90's? A few.
    Point stands . . Citys success is nothing like Uniteds, Arsenals or Liverpools of the 80s. These clubs built success on the backs of success, if you think its the same, good luck to you . .

It's not an awful lot different to United's. Arsenal have never spent the way United have, so they aren't comparable. I can't say with Liverpool in the 80's, I wouldn't know. City had more money than anyone else and spent it very quickly. Not unlike Blackburn did. The only problem with City is the amounts they are spending are unsustainable. But clubs like Everton demanding like £26 million for players like Lescott fuels that kind of problem.

• Advertisement

It's not an awful lot different to United's. Arsenal have never spent the way United have, so they aren't comparable. I can't say with Liverpool in the 80's, I wouldn't know. City had more money than anyone else and spent it very quickly. Not unlike Blackburn did. The only problem with City is the amounts they are spending are unsustainable. But clubs like Everton demanding like £26 million for players like Lescott fuels that kind of problem.

Their player so they can demand whatever they want. Clubs are stupider to pay it

Joey Barton on Twitter puts a bit of a smile on my face after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What a stupid post. We lost on goal difference, City nearly choked and Fergie spent the season galvinising one of UTDs poorest and injury ravaged squads.

He is still the best manager in the country at 70. You just watch him challenge anyone that may agin next season.

Now scuttle back under your bridge troll.

Who rattled your cage son, I think it's a reasonable question can a man in his 70s keep coming back every year in one of the hardest professions out there. You do realise he can't go on forever.

It isn't comparable. United were buying players like Cole for transfer records but selling players like Ince for more. Before the Glazers, United had to answer to a PLC. They had to be run as a going concern and the books had to be balanced. City do not.

That being said, City are what they are and pissing and moaning about it, especially over the next few days, comes across as sour grapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

These words do not right fully decribe how it feels too have lost it. But i just feel sick as a f**king dog.

Also we threw it away at Wigan and City never mind the Everton result those two game blew the season apart. Thinking back on these two games it was down too SAF's failure too realise his faults in his selections and not being able too change things more so in the Wigan game. The City game was just a total f**k up too play Park in the centre and Giggs out wide was just :confused: what happened too Giggs not being a winger???

Any wayyyyy whats done is done roll on next season i really look forward too the challenge that awaits us.

That being said, City are what they are and pissing and moaning about it, especially over the next few days comes across sour grapes.

This pretty much. Cant beat them at their own game so other ways will be found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I normally hate this kind of lists but seems relevant to the current discussion, maybe its been posted already, if so, here it is again.

Transfer League Table

Worked for theirs....by building a team of young guys AND...by buying the best players! How many times did Ferguson break the transfer record in the 80's and early 90's? A few.

This is not the same. The huge influx of money during this time meant that the record was going to be continually broken for a number of year until things tapered out, as it has done now. It is no surprise that the most successful team at the time would have the money to do this. Newcastle Agustin Shallow Signpost it when they bought Shearer. Arsenal equaled it when they bought Bergkamp. The transfer records at the time were low relative to the money incoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

What an emotional and climatic day for football, ;-)))))))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ahhh been a while now since it happened.

Looking forward to the break of football and then the buzz of pre season, new signings and friendlies at 4 o clock in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Right, f**k it, we're all down and gloomy at the moment but there certainly has been positives this years. I was very pissed off after the game and now had a little time to reflect I realise things aren't that bad. City were heavy favourite to win the league and the fact we even got a sweat, despite how cruel it was would only happen United. How many clubs would have just lid down today and given up, not United.

We've amassed a huge points total of 89 points, that's simply incredible and may never be beaten from a side that doesn't actually win the league. From the total, we were only beaten on goal difference by a side who have spent 300 million plus on their squad today. Goal difference gents, never thought i'd see it. If we had really put teams to the sword this year we could have maybe have been champions. Who knows?

Despite against all the odds, we were a minute away from winning the league. Bloody hell folks, that's the difference, one minute shorter and we're champions. How can we not proud of the lads who fought tooth and nail to keep us in the position? Personally, I think this is one of the worst squads in recent times and that's how close we came. 60 seconds. It just goes to show how much having a big heart can get you. The feeling of playing for Manchester United steal means a hell of alot to players around the world. This is the greatest club in the world and it's clear anyone who plays for us really takes the club to heart.

David De Gea will be the greatest goalkeeper in the world within the next two years. Simply incredibly talented individual player and I actually really like the kid to boot. He might be Spanish but it's clear playing for Manchester United is a big deal for him. That's fantastic news for us tbh because this kid is going to be incredible and with the help of god Anders Lindgaard will be happy to stay the club to and we will be sorted in the goalkeeping department for years to come. I can't think of many clubs who have the choice between two quality keepers like our ones. Well done the whole staff/scouting system for bringing these two in. In the past trying to replace a great keeper like Schmeichel seemed to be a massive struggle, so get this sorted quickly is great work.

Phil Jones/Ashley Young. Whether you like them or not, both players have added to the squad. Jones is a great footballer and for his age he is going to do nothing but mature in future. Outside Rooney and Evra no one has played more this season. Sure he had a few games where he was off but there is certainly potential there. The boy knows what it means to play for United and you can see in his effort he gives on the field. People were questioning why we signed Young and tbh I was a little too but imo he did really well for us this season. He adds some much needed pace when he plays, he can shoot and his crossing is decent. Outside him our options outwide if Valencia/Nani were injured were Park and Giggs so really he has been a breath of fresh air. In the closing weeks, he's probably been our most consistent performer and has really added some workrate to the defensive side of his game. Credit too him.

The form of Michael Carrick. He needs to go to the Euro's, it would be a travesty for him not too. He's been our best midfielder all season long. He's proved all the doubters(me included) wrong this year and been solid all year long. Not spectacular but keeping the side ticking over. He deserves alot of credit for this and hope he continues to play a massive part next year. Well done Carrick.

The return of Scholes. To me, this is positive, I love watching the ginger genius in midfield, I thought I was finished getting to watch his extraordinary technique on the field. Like it or lump it, it was a massive boost. When Toure was a away Scholesy really did play. People should enjoy and take in his genius for aslong as we can. There will never be a player like him at OT again, a player with as much passion, love and determination to see the club succeed. He's an utter joy to watch and I love him. he retired too early but since his return there has been a few games he has won with his constant probing and excellent passing.

The defence as a whole. The future is very bright. Jonny Evans is another this season who shoved the criticism from the doubters back down their throats. Excellent at times and a real rock since Vidic was away. Positive in having him back next season will be fantastic. Smalling looks a future world class player, good in the air, strong, very skillful and quick. Exactly what we need from Rio's replacement and only a matter of time before he takes over on a permanent basis. I've already spoken about Jones. Then you have the twins, nearing the end Rafael was getting some much needed gametime and he's an absolute classact and a winner. I hope he remains along with Fabio. Evra's form was a bit iffy but after the whole Suarez incident I think he improved. Credit to the boy and this club.

Welbeck our Mancunian born and bred. First choice striker these days and isn't it great to see. I love it when local lads like him come through. Someone mentioned community in this forum earlier this year and a kid like Welbeck must think all his dreams have come through by playing for us. The hunger he has shown this season has been first class and you couldn't not but like the kid. He has been unlucky in his composure at times but that will all come to the lad through hardwork which is clearly not something he's afraid of. You just gotta love and respect this kid.

Fergie will certainly be staying on now. No chance he'll leave on a sour note. He's still hungrier than ever. People can be critical all they want of him but he's still the best in the business. Look at the age of our team as a whole, it's actually ridiculous. There isn't another manager in the world who would get this group of players so close to the league title......not one. Under Fergie, we're building for the future and when you look at the likes of Welbeck, the twins, Smalling etc, you think to yourself wow. These players are going to contribute to so much success in the near future. This isn't Liverpool mentality where they've on young player coming though. We have 2/3 young players emerging ever single year and I love it. The conveyor belt of brilliant youngsters is amazing. Now I know, some of the youngsters have been signed but they've been signed and moulded by United. Simple as that really. The future looks fantastic to be fair and I can't wait until next season.....bring it on.

I'm gonna end this with some great moments from this year.

GGMU \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Where is the pre-season tour to this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

markc1184 wrote: »
    Where is the pre-season tour to this summer?

Nothing announced yet which is surprising except for a friendly in Norway on August 5th..

Jesus H Christ, Lukaku looks exactly like Drogba!

Samich wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ, Lukaku looks exactly like Drogba!

Chap is a beast. I expect him to do big things in the future.

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Chap is a beast. I expect him to do big things in the future.

He should have been given a chance this season. Saw him play against Norwich and he was very good.

Great long post above. To follow up on what he said ; the heart shown by the squad this season despite the numerous setbacks makes me proud, they stuck at it no matter what till the death. The younger players character will be strengthened by it and we ll be stronger for it. We re lucky that despite their shortcomings our players have always ( bar some exceptions ) had a love for the club. City may be champions but how many players can truthfully say "I always dreamt of playing at the Etihad when I was a boy"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The NotJoeyBarton account really made me smile. :pac:

Particularly
    Shearer makes Steve Kean look like Jose Mouriniho #sh'tmanager

PS Who was the Utd fan who said he'd give unreal odds of the title was decided on goal difference :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Found it odd he was watching MOTD and not celebrating safety.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement