Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

nuxxx wrote: »
    In fairness United have the handiest run in you could ask for, City have a tough one

Monday, March 26 2012
    Manchester United - Fulham (20.00)
    Monday, April 2 2012
    Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United (20.00)
    Sunday, April 8 2012
    Manchester United - Queens Park Rangers (13.30)
    Wednesday, April 11 2012
    Wigan Athletic - Manchester United (19.45)
    Sunday, April 15 2012
    Manchester United - Aston Villa (16.00)
    Sunday, April 22 2012
    Manchester United - Everton (12.30)
    Monday, April 30 2012
    Manchester City - Manchester United (20.00)
    Sunday, May 6 2012
    Manchester United - Swansea City (14.00)
    Sunday, May 13 2012
    Sunderland - Manchester United (15.00)
    So we have no Saturday games left for the rest of the season.
    That's a bit shìt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

God I love to go to another away game by end of season.

Would go to Wigan if it was on weekend as would be certain of ticket for it, but not hope I will get time of work I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A good result yesterday and hopefully City's shít away from will continue. So providing United maintain their league form, they could end up playing City with a cushion of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sound Stoke, for at least giving it the same amount of socks you did against us.

Crouchy, who knew?

ex united/liverpool players have been giving us a bit of pleasure lately!

crouch last night
    cisse during the week against liverpool
    gibson beating city.
    even roy did his bit beating chelsea a few weeks back!

then the united lads beating city at sunderland.

and i am sure theres more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So we have no Saturday games left for the rest of the season.
    That's a bit shìt.
    Didn't even notice that. Might hafta change my day off to Sunday. And the odd sneaky Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

City have a better squad than United.

United are superior at CB, and 1st choice wingers.

City have better FB, CM, overall winger and CF options.

They each have an exceptional young keeper with a flaw.

Justy my opinion, feel free to disagree.

God I love to go to another away game by end of season.

Would go to Wigan if it was on weekend as would be certain of ticket for it, but not hope I will get time of work I say.

mate, you wouldnt do me a huge favour and give me that ticket would you? i have one for myself, but i need one for a mate (big poster on here), as well, going to games on my own just doesnt appeal to me really, i havent booked the flights yet either.

i will return the favour like i do with anybody who sorts me out, you can use my membership to apply for aways next season for games like this.

G.K. wrote: »
    City have a better squad than United.

United are superior at CB, and 1st choice wingers.

City have better FB, CM, overall winger and CF options.

They each have an exceptional young keeper with a flaw.

Justy my opinion, feel free to disagree.

i dont think its opinion to see that united have had about 18 different players injured for more than 5 games this year, city have had about 5 or 6 yet united have a chance to go 3 points clear tomorrow. Citys injury problems have been about 25% of uniteds.

when city go down 3 or 4 players, they are in big big trouble and despite united still having many key players out (such as vidic, fletcher, valencia, nani, cleverly, anderson, lindegaard all in the past 4 weeks), we seem to be able to cope alot better.

that to me suggest that united have a much better squad. city have a stronger first 11, but only based on their CM options of Barry, de jong, yaya, milner, nasri etc etc when uniteds appear to be injured all the time and relying on bringing back scholes. i think uniteds big players are coming into form.

Mancini was crying in january that he needed to buy players, despite the club having spent 500million in 3 years. their last 2 signings were hargreaves and pizarro ffs, hardly inspiring..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What was the manager thinking? Cofie was not impressed at all. Good to see him get his game at Antwerp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Removed post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What was the manager thinking? Cofie was not impressed at all. Good to see him get his game at Antwerp.
    Should have hit the deck when he seen the leg come up,turn him upside down with a sliding tackle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Milkman Scholesy ( stolen from Redissue )

milkman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mancini was crying in january that he needed to buy players, despite the club having spent 500million in 3 years.

When Kompany was out, Mancini and their fans couldn't stop bítch moaning about it. One player they lost, yet at the time United had 17 guys on the treatment bench. If nothing else, it came across as being quite pathetic and embarrassing for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

kryogen wrote: »
    I know alot of people here liked rvn and rated him as one of the best poachers in recent times...

How would people compare mario gomez to him? Tearing **** up in germany and probably the best poacher in the world at the moment imo.

I have debated this with people plenty of time, its far too early for me to go into all my thoughts on him again, but Ill say this, the man just scores goals. Wouldnt be his biggest fan in terms of his ability, but by fcuk does he score goals.

Have him backed to be Bundesliga top scorer, have him backed to be CL top scorer (fcuk you Messi) dont think there is a need for him at the club however
    Oh I'm not saying we should buy him, price would be ridiculous, was just interested in how people would rate him compared to rvn in his prime.

i dont think its opinion to see that united have had about 18 different players injured for more than 5 games this year, city have had about 5 or 6 yet united have a chance to go 3 points clear tomorrow. Citys injury problems have been about 25% of uniteds.

Not sure how this is relevant to my point?
    when city go down 3 or 4 players, they are in big big trouble and despite united still having many key players out (such as vidic, fletcher, valencia, nani, cleverly, anderson, lindegaard all in the past 4 weeks), we seem to be able to cope alot better.

That's down to 2 things, IMO. Manchester City are still gelling together and with Mancini's change of style this seaosn, while there has been much less change in terms of personnel and style with United. Also United have Fergie.
    that to me suggest that united have a much better squad. city have a stronger first 11, but only based on their CM options of Barry, de jong, yaya, milner, nasri etc etc when uniteds appear to be injured all the time and relying on bringing back scholes. i think uniteds big players are coming into form.

I don't quite follow you here.
    Mancini was crying in january that he needed to buy players, despite the club having spent 500million in 3 years. their last 2 signings were hargreaves and pizarro ffs, hardly inspiring..

Harsh on a guy who had been one of Serie A's best and most consistent performers for a number of years previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Oh I'm not saying we should buy him, price would be ridiculous, was just interested in how people would rate him compared to rvn in his prime.

I'd take Ruud over him personally. I'm sure Gomez has his supporters too though................somewhere.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How many games had Pizzaro got this season though? He was bought as cover, nothing wrong with that.

It took a bit of convincing but I now firmly believe that United do actually have a superior squad to City, not by that much, certainly not miles better, but significantly better imo.

Better strength in depth everywhere bar centre midfield really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Harsh on a guy who had been one of Serie A's best and most consistent performers for a number of years previously.

I think the point here is that if you spend 500 million you shouldn't be complaining about a weak squad

kryogen wrote: »
    How many games had Pizzaro got this season though? He was bought as cover, nothing wrong with that.

It took a bit of convincing but I now firmly believe that United do actually have a superior squad to City, not by that much, certainly not miles better, but significantly better imo.

Better strength in depth everywhere bar centre midfield really.

City have better Full Backs, Wingers (I think Nani-Valencia is the best pairing in the EPL, but City's depth is superior), CM and Forwards.
    I think the point here is that if you spend 500 million you shouldn't be complaining about a weak squad

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/opinions/man-city-need-more-creativity-from-deep-to-conquer-europe/
    http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7531746/david-pizarro-key-city-campaign-michael-cox

That would be my response to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

City have better Full Backs, Wingers (I think Nani-Valencia is the best pairing in the EPL, but City's depth is superior), CM and Forwards.

On the wing? Name them then because I can't think of any bar Johnson atm and he's not deemed good enough for games.

• Advertisement

Silva, Nasri, Milner are the other guys who play on the wing regularly. (Balotelli/Kolarov have, but then again Cleverly played on the wing once and I'd not call him a winger)

Silva's the best of either team, United have the best Pairing, but overall the depth goes to City imo, Park and Young don't strike me as good as City's depth.

Silva, Nasri, Milner are the other guys who play on the wing regularly. (Balotelli/Kolarov have, but then again Cleverly played on the wing once and I'd not call him a winger)

Silva's the best of either team, United have the best Pairing, but overall the depth goes to City imo, Park and Young don't strike me as good as City's depth.

Nah no chance, Valencia and Nani are better natural wingers then Silva.
    Valencia, Nani, Young, Giggs if needed for the last 20mins and Welbeck in a 4-3-3.

Silva - 7 Goals 18 Assists
    Milner - 3 Goals 6 Assists
    Nasri - 5 Goals 7 Assists

Total = 15 Goals - 31 Assists

Nani - 8 Goals 11 Assists
    Valencia - 5 Goals 14 Assists
    Young - 5 Goals 10 Assists.

Total = 18 Goals 35 Assists

There isn't much between them but I do think United shade it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United Clearly have the best wingers in the EPL.

City have better creative players that operate in central positions. Nasri and Silva may take to the field in wide positions but do their best work in Central Positions.

also Milner and Barry are not players I would ever fear playing. The fill the home grown quota I suppose.

I think United have the best squad in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

424280_346020368769549_166789763359278_925992_1300801099_n.jpg

The many faces of Phil Jones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Haha thats brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Silva - 7 Goals 18 Assists
    Milner - 3 Goals 6 Assists
    Nasri - 5 Goals 7 Assists

Total = 15 Goals - 31 Assists

Nani - 8 Goals 11 Assists
    Valencia - 5 Goals 14 Assists
    Young - 5 Goals 10 Assists.

Total = 18 Goals 35 Assists

There isn't much between them but I do think United shade it.

That makes it look closer than it is, a lot of Silva and Nasri's assists probably came playing through the middle whereas Uniteds will have come almost exclusively from the wing.

Silva on form is the best player in the league for me but he is certainly not any kind of winger. The only time he plays as any form of a winger is when he floats out that direction in his free role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

VW 1 wrote: »
    Silva on form is the best player in the league for me

World Class player on form alright but I don't think he stands out above some other world class players when on form as well like Rooney, RVP to name two.

Not in the same way Messi and Ronaldo are clearly the top two players in Spain on form.

Or did you mean best midfield player?

right now, if i was given the choice who i would depend on to win my a league title, valencia/rooney v silva/ageuro., its the united pair every time, every game.

no contest for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

I see tomorrows Sun is showing Rio is to be offered a new contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

markc1184 wrote: »
    I see tomorrows Sun is showing Rio is to be offered a new contract.
    Not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

enviro wrote: »
    VW 1 wrote: »
    Silva on form is the best player in the league for me

World Class player on form alright but I don't think he stands out above some other world class players when on form as well like Rooney, RVP to name two.

Not in the same way Messi and Ronaldo are clearly the top two players in Spain on form.

Or did you mean best midfield player?

Yep midfield player, would have him just ahead of Modric and Yaya as the best midfielder.

Owen was talking about team of the year tonight on twitter.

what do ye think it will be, bare in mind the voting is now complete. if it was picked now, which it is, i have a feeling that united may not get any players, but if it was picked at end of season, we probably would get 3 or 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

what do ye think it will be, bare in mind the voting is now complete. if it was picked now, which it is, i have a feeling that united may not get any players, but if it was picked at end of season, we probably would get 3 or 4.

A surprising mix of City, Spurs and Newcastle players!

Who would have thunk it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I'd say rooney will def be on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

A surprising mix of City, Spurs and Newcastle players!

Who would have thunk it?!

Can't think of many,
    Rooney, Valencia could be in there.
    Evans, De Gea maybe less likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Valencia might sneak in there. His run of 7 assists in 5 games came at just the right time. Up to that he was rubbish. Nani will definitely miss out which is a pity considering he was one of our best players before Christmas.

Bale, Silva, Kompany and RVP are all bankers imo. The rest not so much. These awards are ridiculous really though. They're voted for way too early in the season. Surely they could wait a few more months to take the whole season into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Krul

Richards-Kompany--Colochini--Enrique

Silva
    Song--Parker--Bale

van Persie--Rooney

Reckon it could be something like that. Not happy with the balance of that midfield, but I think it could go that way. Bale and Silva are nailed on to be in it, and I reckon Parker is too so it would come down to whether Silva is voted as a winger or a central midfielder (based on a 442 formation). I reckon Britton could get in as a lot of pro's do like him and how he has done this season,but I think Song has been excellent this saeason.

Really, a lot depends on the voting for Bale and Silva.

Krul

Silva
    Song--Parker--Bale

van Persie--Rooney

Reckon it could be something like that. Not happy with the balance of that midfield, but I think it could go that way. Bale and Silva are nailed on to be in it, and I reckon Parker is too so it would come down to whether Silva is voted as a winger or a central midfielder (based on a 442 formation). I reckon Britton could get in as a lot of pro's do like him and how he has done this season,but I think Song has been excellent this saeason.

I think ba stands a better chance than rooney tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Krul

Silva
    Song--Parker--Bale

van Persie--Rooney

Joe Hart will be there over Krul for starters.

Song has no chance. yaya Toure has been miles better IMO. Modric too.

• Advertisement

I think ba stands a better chance than rooney tbh.

Ba has dipped since January.

as regards Silva, its only his early season form that would get him on it, he has been woefully average since december. if it was picked in a few weeks time and a straight shoot out between him and valencia, valencia would get the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

see the cover of the latest issue of RedIssue?

Classlesss ****ers.

ri260.jpg

No need for it - I can't understand what the logic or motivation behind it is either; someone has lost the plot on this one.

Gives United fans in general a bad name too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The dude from their was giving out some bs about it on his twitter account too. Shame they are associated with the club when they do **** like this

Exactly what went through their heads when they thought that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Classlesss ****ers.

ri260.jpg

No need for it - I can't understand what the logic or motivation behind it is either; someone has lost the plot on this one.

Jeez thats a disgrace .

Is it a popular publication or just a small group of idiots ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Classlesss ****ers.

ri260.jpg

That's just idiotic. I 'can' see their point but this is not the time or place to be raising it.

Surprised this hasn't been picked up upon by opposition fans more.

mixednuts wrote: »
    Jeez thats a disgrace .

Is it a popular publication or just a small group of idiots ?

It's a decent read, no idea how many they sell. Always at least 5-10 sellers on match day's. It really does remind me of the Slate, ie they will take the piss out of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RasTa wrote: »
    It's a decent read, no idea how many they sell. Always at least 5-10 sellers on match day's. It really does remind me of the Slate, ie they will take the piss out of anything.

There are limits but ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

RasTa wrote: »

I have no problem with taking the piss inappropriately (Amongst friends) but from reading his tweets there's a edge to it. He's come across as a prize winning douche. And i hate that he's a united fan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement