Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Talksport were reporting last night that Hazard favours United and now Sky Sports as well, who would be more trustworthy, but just not trustworthy enough :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sky Sports just said Hazard wants to join Man Utd

And City................and Chelsea..............................:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Blatter wrote: »
    Talksport were reporting last night that Hazard favours United and now Sky Sports as well, who would be more trustworthy, but just not trustworthy enough :p

Really trying 'not' to get excited by this but it's so damn hard when you have some of the bigger outlets coming out with these stories. We've been let down a lot over the last few seasons with these big stories.

I would take Skysports over Talksport but wouldnt trust either. I think they are just trying to Hazard a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

They've already shown they do tbh, but how much they care will be the question.

City signing Owen Hargreaves and David Pizarro last season was said to be a result of FFP, as was their failure to sign a much needed centre half in January. If they really didn't care about FFP they probably would have threw mega bucks at De Rossi and Thiago Silva, both of whom Mancini was reported to have wanted but wasn't allowed get because of FFP.

I don't think Chelsea have been that bad overall in the market over the last few years. The Torres transfer obviously makes things look bad but other than that I think they've calmed down and spent reasonable sums on players.

Revenue at Chelsea hasn't increased on par with clubs like ourselves since 2003/4 despite the increased success on the pitch.

Firing Ancelotti and hiring AVB cost £28 Million excluding AVB's wages. Chelsea are still in the red in terms of the FFP but they have been heading in the right direction.

I think Spurs and City are far more worse off than Chelsea atm.

• Advertisement

If there's any truth to it, then it shouldn't be long before other big news outlets get wind of it and it's all over the place. That's normally a good indication of truth.

The next couple of hours will tell a lot. If things remain quiet, they were probably talking shite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

UEFA had big words relating to sponsership from the benchmarking body they set up.

But legally its a difficult area to be tough on, how can UEFA decide what is a fair payment for a private cojmpany to make? Very difficult area to be tough and clubs would fight it.

comparing income to expenditure is very easy for UEFA to make a call on. I don't see how they can say the DHL training gear deal united made is okay but the Ethihad stadium and shirt sponsherhips is not.

Anyhow - Hazard stuff is gas, I don't remember ever watching him play but I still find myself checking the net to see whats happening.

Revenue at Chelsea hasn't increased on par with clubs like ourselves since 2003/4 despite the increased success on the pitch.

Firing Ancelotti and hiring AVB cost £28 Million excluding AVB's wages. Chelsea are still in the red in terms of the FFP but they have been heading in the right direction.

I think Spurs and City are far more worse off than Chelsea atm.

I think Chelsea's revenue is in and around what Arsenal's is, which isn't too bad. It has increased but they were never going to get close to United/Madrid/Barca on that front, that'd take much more than a few years to achieve.

I saw a financial blog recently enough on Chelsea and they do seem to be on track with regards FFP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The fun was had last night, brilliant craic. Anyone agree? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Samich wrote: »
    The fun was had last night, brilliant craic. Anyone agree? :)

I actually got dragged into that mess last night :)

More fool me.

Then I seen Phillipe Auclair say that Hazard had sad it would be at the Seasons end, and not Sunday, so I kinda lost hope a bit. :)

Then he says he doesn't know what he wants. The ársehole :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

bullvine wrote: »
    That Kagawa deal stinks of the Senna/Hargreaves F**k up from summer 2006, when we ended up getting neither of them!

united f*ck up more transfers than any other big club. robben, ronaldinho, shearer, benzema and many more all were done with the utmost neglect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Right I'm tuning into SSN at 1 to see what the 'news' is re Hazard.

I f**king hate all of this transfer speculation.

Pj! wrote: »
    Right I'm tuning into SSN at 1 to see what the 'news' is re Hazard.

I f**king hate all of this transfer speculation.

Ya love it really! We all do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Typically I would trust Sky Sports but I refuse to on this until Unitwd confirm it offically...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Typically I would trust Sky Sports but I refuse to on this until Unitwd confirm it offically...

I'll never forgive them for their 'BREAKING MAN UNITED NEWS COMING RIGHT UP' leader last summer, followed by no mention of it all ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

So SSN say they understand that Hazard would prefer a move to United.

Lille Managing Director says that there are four teams in for the player but wouldn't name them. No offers in yet because they are working closely with Hazard and waiting for him to make up his mind.

If he wanted to sign for United he would sign. If this 'story' has come from the player it is either to get more money from United or indeed to get better offers from the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

s.welstead wrote: »
    Ya love it really! We all do

Maybe, if we ever actually end up signing anyone!! When we do it normally turns out being someone out of the blue that no one really had a clue about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I wonder where Sky are getting their source from?

I'd love to get excited about this, but i'm going to be a bit skeptical until I hear more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

sigh.

Amazing the lengths people will go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

These must have read that fake site “@ESPNSoccernet: BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United have signed Eden Hazard from Lille for an undisclosed. #mufc” 

Lol they did . They just deleted it ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I actually think even if we get Hazard we will also go for Kawaga, I think Hazard could be the alternative to Gaitan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I wonder where Sky are getting their source from?

I'd love to get excited about this, but i'm going to be a bit skeptical until I hear more.

They just make it up. By dinner time they'll have changed their mind to Chelsea. I pity the fools that take their news for gospel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

I cant see Hazard signing for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

xtal191 wrote: »

Should have gone to Specsavers

If Fletcher got back to full fitness next season and that a big if but wouldnt this be a an acceptable line up from midfield on

Fletcher
    Carrick

Nani
    Kawaga
    Hazard

Rooney

Fletcher
    Carrick

Nani
    Kawaga
    Hazard

Rooney

Completely unrealistic BS.

No way Fletcher will get back to full fitness.

xtal191 wrote: »

Don't worry, someone will tell you when he does ;)

• Advertisement

Fletcher and Carrick are shite when played together anyway.

Completely unrealistic BS.

No way Fletcher will get back to full fitness.

he should be released so

in a rigid 442 when thers an onus on them to create perhaps but in a 4231 it could work because there roles would be more limited especially with rooney ,nani, kawag and hazard ahead of them

Also you can't just leave out Valencia, Young, Hernandez and Welbeck.

well perhaps not valencia but if hazard or kawaga are signed ,young chico and welbeck will see alot of bench time unless they rooney or nani are sold

in a rigid 442 when thers an onus on them to create perhaps but in a 4231 it could work because there roles would be more limited especially with rooney ,nani, kawag and hazard ahead of them

True, I think they were actually alright together when they both played in a three man midfield.

Still think it'll take a miracle for Fletcher to ever reach those heights again.

• Advertisement

in fairness, you can.

If United have the money to sign those players, and in signing those players the lads you have listed are dropped to the bench, then so be it.

If they are good enough, they will start. if not, they need to improve and fight for their place. It is how it should be at a top club.

They certainly don't create much when played as a pair but as part of a 3 man midfield they're pretty good. Although it's been a couple of seasons now since they were both on form and playing together so who knows.

Imo it's only been since Fletcher picked up that illness and wasn't able to play at his best in 09-10 season that Carricks form dipped and United started to look lightweight in midfield.

If Fletch got back to his previous levels he would solve a lot of our problems. Unfortunately though I don't think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I will be absolutely shocked if I ever see Fletcher play for Man Utd again. Shocked.

Latest odds on Hazard from PaddyPower :

TEASIN' HAZARD: Where will Eden Hazard end up next season? 6/4 Man City, 9/2 Man Utd, 9/2 Chelsea; 13/2 Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

he should be released so

No, he should be given a role working within club, not just tossed aside like a broken mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    No, he should be given a role working within club, not just tossed aside like a broken mobile phone.

Totally agree.
    He's a nice guy, did some great things with/for the club and would be great to see him kept on in some capacity, if it suits him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Fenix wrote: »
    Latest odds on Hazard from PaddyPower :

TEASIN' HAZARD: Where will Eden Hazard end up next season? 6/4 Man City, 9/2 Man Utd, 9/2 Chelsea; 13/2 Real Madrid

No, those were the odds this morning.

The latest odds are Man Utd 7/4, Man City 2/1, Chelsea 7/2, Real Madrid 8/1.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/transfer-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=607082

City went from 6/4 out to 10/3 and now 2/1. Odds very tight between the three english teams now.

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can
    This 'Sky sources' stuff today, concerning Hazard - suggesting he prefers United. Will try and give some insight into this in next tweets

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can
    From what I know, it's not mercato365, anyone on Twitter or random guess work. Dharmesh Sheth (Man United fan) spoke to Michel Seydoux (Lille president) yday

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can
    Michel Seydoux appeared on camera as he agreed to give people an update on what was going on. Then, with camera off...

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can
    ..he may have said off the record that United has the edge. That's what constitutes 'sky sources'.

That lad is usually fairly reliable, he wouldn't be your typical bullshitting journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Okay so it seems as though we are clearly interested in both Hazard and Kagawa with the Powell deal being pretty much done.

So if, and it's obviously a big if, we sign them 3 will that be it? I can't see us spending big on any other players if we got them 3 considering Kagawa and Hazard will cost at least £40m between them and another £4/5m for Powell.

I'd be delighted with them 3 players, all with plenty of potential but it really doesn't solve our big problem in CM and we'd still need a LB if Fabio goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

The Fabio deal seems very strange, as if a team wanted him.
    Which where the indications with Benfica and Gaitan?

The Fabio deal to Benfica was only ever about Fabio, simply because there were so many rumours floating about suggesting our supposed interest in Gaitan, I think people may have put two and two together to get 736.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fcuk fcuk fcuk fcukedy fcuk.

I have to leave work now and my phone is dead so I won't have internet for the next 20 minutes. If Hazard signs, can someone call my fiancee on 0871234567 so she can tell me the minute I see her later. Please. Thanks.

OK, I'm out of here. Please call.

Edit: Just checked again. No signing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

FutureGuy wrote: »

I have to leave work now and my phone is dead so I won't have internet for the next 20 minutes. If Hazard signs, can someone call my fiancee on 0871234567 so she can tell me the minute I see her later. Please. Thanks.

Phone is engaged or something mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If hazard signs I'll honestly **** myself with excitement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

FutureGuy wrote: »

funny-pictures-history-seems-legit.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement