Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Phone is engaged or something mate?

Awful awful awful pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

shizz wrote: »
    Awful awful awful pun.
    Wait how is that even a pun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

shizz wrote: »
    Awful awful awful pun.
    Wait how is that even a pun?
    I'm guessing,fiancée....engaged.....ya know the whole connection thing there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I'm guessing,fiancée....engaged.....ya know the whole connection thing there :)

:pac: didn't even mean that to be honest :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yea right ya cheesy fecker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

If Fletcher got back to full fitness next season and that a big if but wouldnt this be a an acceptable line up from midfield on

Fletcher
    Carrick

Nani
    Kawaga
    Hazard

Rooney

Why do you insist on leaving out Valencia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I miss the days of people texting me with United news, guess my mates are all too old now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

SSN news can confirm that SAF will be signing his long term creative midfielder target from French Club Lille

Welcome to OT..................Joe Cole :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Owen_S wrote: »
    Probably because Valencia isn't as good as Nani, Kagawa or Hazard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Good, cos if you did, it was pooooooor :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

SSN news can confirm that SAF will be signing his long term creative midfielder target from French Club Lille

Welcome to OT..................Joe Cole :D
    golf-clap.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Liam O wrote: »
    Probably because Valencia isn't as good as Nani, Kagawa or Hazard...

I'd have Valencia in the team any day over nani and young, since he came back from his leg break last year he's been nothing short of excellent.

I think because he isnt as easy on the eye as the 3 you've named , it's easy thinking there better than him.

I'd have Valencia in the team any day over nani and young, since he came back from his leg break last year he's been nothing short of excellent.

I think because he isnt as easy on the eye as the 3 you've named , it's easy thinking there better than him.

Or maybe it's because he doesn't score or set up as many goals as them over a season, but I'm picky with my attacking players like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Nani is seriously under rated. I'm obviously the only one who thinks he's unreal.

Last season he was in the PL Team of the season, and also got players player of the year too. He was unreal last season. This season he's been marred by injury but when he came back he looked good. His goal against Everton was brilliant. Not forgetting also he was nominated for the B'allon d'Or. His last match was against Arsenal before his injury and he was absolutely lethal.

He's also good at tracking back, people seem to think he's like Ronaldo in his defensive duties but imo he's not.

Nani can cross with left or right, and shoot from distance. Actually the reason I think he's being held back is because he's often put on the left where as I think he's way more consistent and dangerous on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Colin Murray said on BBC 5 live that a ''connection'' to the BBC told him Hazard to United for £32m.

Hmm, I'm still not believing a word of it.

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    Nani is seriously under rated. I'm obviously the only one who thinks he's unreal.

Actually, you're quite clearly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Been out of the loop all day, was just on redcafe.... why is everyone so excited about Hazard now... Where there now developments?

Blatter wrote: »
    Actually, you're quite clearly not.

Valencia seems to be in all hypothetical teams on here and if not, it's questioned why the player of the year isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Fletch just said on twitter we signed a Brazilian wonder kid for 8.4 million. Do ye know anything of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Shane St. wrote: »
    Been out of the loop all day, was just on redcafe.... why is everyone so excited about Hazard now... Where there now developments?

He's apparently clocked Carlos Tevez........a sure sign he is going to United.......

• Advertisement

Or maybe it's because he doesn't score or set up as many goals as them over a season, but I'm picky with my attacking players like that...

1 good season from nani and he's up there with the elite lol. I'm not big on stats but I'm pretty sure Valencia has had a bigger impact this season than nani right ?

Fletch just said on twitter we signed a Brazilian wonder kid for 8.4 million. Do ye know anything of him?

Never mind, anto flood just burned me

Valencia seems to be in all hypothetical teams on here and if not, it's questioned why the player of the year isn't.

And that means that people don't think Nani is unreal?

Most of the hypothetical teams I've seen on here have contained Nani anyway. Nearly every United fan in here bar a few rate Nani very highly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You mean the twitter account with this as the main photo?

meandmybabez.jpg

1 good season from nani and he's up there with the elite lol. I'm not big on stats but I'm pretty sure Valencia has had a bigger impact this season than nani right ?

To people with short memories who didn't pay attention to the first half of the season maybe yeah. Valencia was very good for about 2 or 3 months though I'll give him that.

You mean the twitter account with this as the main photo?

meandmybabez.jpg

Could be man :) im on my phone so cant check, its like dial up but slower

To people with short memories who didn't pay attention to the first half of the season maybe yeah. Valencia was very good for about 2 or 3 months though I'll give him that.

Valencia was excellent for around 4 months in fairness. December-April minus the month he was injured, he was racking up the assists.

Valencia is a bigger Cult Hero than Nani but Nani is the superior player.

Maybe because Valencia is talked about more because he had a far superior impact in the second half of the season than Nani, who was injured a lot of the time.

If Nani had the same, or similar impact he'd be talked about a lot more. Like he was for a lot of the first half of last season.

You're imagining that most people in here rate Valencia way more than Nani, that just isn't the case.

Is this real? Savage jersey anyways.

AtcM1Q4CAAATzHm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Is this real? Savage jersey anyways.

kit

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

First thing I ask myself, does it look real? No.

TheTownie wrote: »
    No.

kk

Eathrin wrote: »
    First thing I ask myself, does it look real? No.

Yeah it was a smaller pic where I saw it, doesn't look real there obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Both Nani and Valencia are excellent players in their own right, we are lucky to have both in our squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

On the Nani and Valencia debate. Both are very different players. Valencia's game is pretty one dimensional, that would be an insult to most players but Valencia does it so well most defenders can't contain him. When he comes in side he is less dangerous so he mainly attacks from the wide areas and will always put as much effort into defense as he does attack. His game is pretty safe, he will get plenty of crosses in and will pass rather than shoot if its the right call.

Nani has great speed like Valencia but much more skill and natural ability. Where as Tony is one footed, which hurts his game when cutting inside, Nani can be strong out wide and coming inside. He is powerful too like Valencia but a little less eager to track back. Nanis decision making can be poor at times, he is impulsive, an easy pass for a Rooney tap in is not always a certainty with Nani when he sees a chance for glory.

Personality wise Tony is quite and loyal, he will do exactly whats asked of him without question. I always get the impression with Nani that he is a little bit of a Prima Donna with his back flip celebration and histrionics. I remember being in the stand for the 8-2 drubbing of Arsenal, Nani wasn't great that day, constantly going for goal when in the box instead of squaring it for a tap in and he was getting some stick from our stand. When he scored he stood close to the stand with arms aloft in a you love me type pose. Most of the other players had congratulated him and moved on and there he was still, with his arms aloft :D

Its best summed up like this. Nani has the potential to be a better player if he reaches his full potential because he has more in his locker but right now Valencia is maximising his ablity and playing the better football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Blatter wrote: »
    I thought that was confirmed yesterday? Looks like a promising player, but will have to put up with the burden of the huge price-tag, as far as I know it is 4 times the previous League 2 transfer record, €5 million is a lot for a player from such a low division.

Another point worth mentioning about Valencia is that he seems to bring out the best in Rafael, the most promising natural right-back at the club. They had built up a great partnership after Easter. Rafael looks vulnerable without him, and Smalling/Jones don't pose the same attacking threat.

Like said he's had a bigger impact this season. My personal opinion, I think Valencia is a better team player clearly because he is not as selfish and frustrating as nani is to watch and I assume play with.

I think the whole team benefits more with Valencia playing. He's an absolute tank, powerful and explosive similar in ways to ronaldo like nani is in other ways, tracks back very well and has stamina to nearly match that of parks lol.

I don't mind nani, I think he's a good player but I just don't think he's as good as some fans like to think. Ask a few neutrals their opinion on nani and you might be surprised.

But either way the 2 are clearly our best wingers.

• Advertisement

I thought that was confirmed yesterday? Looks like a promising player, but will have to put up with the burden of the huge price-tag, as far as I know it is 4 times the previous League 2 transfer record, €5 million is a lot for a player from such a low division.

Daily Mail were the only ones to report it, it's always best to look for another source when that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

According to twitter the 4th of june is the day Hazard decides his future,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I heard a fella in the shop saying that Hazard was deciding by this weekend coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I just really dislke watching Nani play. He's so frustrating. Hitting the first man, misplacing passes, blazing shots over the bar. No consistency at all and not in a good, unpredictable kind of way.

Having said all that he does chip in with a fair few goals and assists. I just don't like him.

Maybe it's irrational and maybe the stats are too good to ignore but I don't think he's ever going to win me over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I ****ing love Nani as some of my recent posts on here have shown. Some of our critics say we dont have the players who have you on the edge of your seats - for us thats Nani. He's frustrating for sure but is capable of magic moments that most other players cant produce. Give him a run in the team and im sure he will be back to the form of last year when he was immense for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

From time to time Valencia could start at right back next season. Particularly at OT when the opposition are playing deep.

In general though having players like Valencia and Nani gives United great options and the chance to mix the attacking game up. If plan A isn't working you can try something else in a game by making a sub.

Also - as we saw this season, Nani, Young and Valencia were all missing through injury or off form at different stages so having a good options was very important.

I think Mitch said it, Nani is a flair player and sometimes that can be frustrating but when he gets it right he is amazing to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

DM-ICE wrote: »
    From time to time Valencia could start at right back next season. Particularly at OT when the opposition are playing deep.

Think Raf is fine in these circumstances. We need to be looking at giving him more games imo rather than taking him out for the home matches where he has more freedom to bomb forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think the whole team benefits more with Valencia playing. He's an absolute tank, powerful and explosive similar in ways to ronaldo like nani is in other ways, tracks back very well and has stamina to nearly match that of parks lol.

Nani is as strong as Valencia, he just doesn't use it as part of his game. Have a look at this gif where he completely upends Ivanovic. Pretty incredible when you think that Ivanovic is one of the strongest players in that Chelsea team and he has an arse on him the size of Mullingar.

nani-shoulder-barge.gif
    I don't mind nani, I think he's a good player but I just don't think he's as good as some fans like to think. Ask a few neutrals their opinion on nani and you might be surprised.

No I wouldn't be surprised. They'd say that Valencia is better and that Nani is (just as Ronaldo was) a cúnt. I'd expect nothing more.
    Personality wise Tony is quite and loyal, he will do exactly whats asked of him without question. I always get the impression with Nani that he is a little bit of a Prima Donna with his back flip celebration and histrionics. I remember being in the stand for the 8-2 drubbing of Arsenal, Nani wasn't great that day, constantly going for goal when in the box instead of squaring it for a tap in and he was getting some stick from our stand. When he scored he stood close to the stand with arms aloft in a you love me type pose. Most of the other players had congratulated him and moved on and there he was still, with his arms aloft :D

He's one of only a handful of players in the Premiership able to conjure something from absolute nothing. He also assists just as much as Valencia. If it was a case of Valencia v Nani for the right midfield I'd have to give it to Nani. His unpredictability is his strength. How many other wingers in the league are capable of scoring as special a goal as this one in such an important match? Don't forget that drew him level with Ronaldo on goals in 100 appearances.

nani-goal.gif
    Its best summed up like this. Nani has the potential to be a better player if he reaches his full potential because he has more in his locker but right now Valencia is maximising his ablity and playing the better football.

Only because Valencia has had a better run with regard to injuries. Nani's season since January has been stop start, stop start. He hasn't had a chance to string a few games together. When he has he has been world class. He is not the type of player to sit on a bench for 2 months and then play well straight away. He needs a few games to get started, and when he does there are very few that are better than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

In fairness Ronaldo was primarily a winger in his first few years with us, Nani's never going to put away 30 a season.

My friend(Liverpool) was telling me the other day that he wouldn't have Nani at Liverpool. Tells me he's too inconsistent. Ridiculous, I think Nani would be in the top 10 wingers in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Eathrin wrote: »
    In fairness Ronaldo was primarily a winger in his first few years with us, Nani's never going to put away 30 a season.

My friend(Liverpool) was telling me the other day that he wouldn't have Nani at Liverpool. Tells me he's too inconsistent. Ridiculous, I think Nani would be in the top 10 wingers in the world.

Maybe so but he's a better winger than Ronaldo ever was in my opinion. He tracks back more and his crosses are more productive. Nani was involved in a goal (either an assist or a goal himself) every 129 minutes in his first 100 matches. Ronaldo was involved every 216 minutes.

I think if we got the players we're being linked with and we reverted back to the system in place when Ronaldo was here then Nani would get more off the wing. Players changing constantly and never really staying in one position. For that you couldn't have Valencia in the team, he wouldn't be able to play in that system. I'd love to see it but it's probably unlikely.

He's eaily in the top 10. On his day he'd be in the top 5 in my books. Pure jealousy from your friend. Nothing but ****e if he says he wouldn't have Nani ahead of Henderson or Downing. Hard to beat their consistency though. Nothing in each match they ever play in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Nani for me is clearly in the top 10.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement