Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

not a great game, we were sloppy and could have been caught at the end, but 3 points is 3 points.

its all about winning now. i aint seen the penalty decision as it was down at the other end, but i got a few texts saying it was a pen.

fulham had the smallest away end in year at old trafford, it looked like they brought about 200 fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

not a great game, we were sloppy and could have been caught at the end, but 3 points is 3 points.

its all about winning now. i aint seen the penalty decision as it was down at the other end, but i got a few texts saying it was a pen.

fulham had the smallest away end in year at old trafford, it looked like they brought about 200 fans!

How come it was so quiet?

RasTa wrote: »
    How come it was so quiet?

in general or the away end? i though the atmposphere was good at time, but as the game went on, people got nervy.

having no away supporters damages the atmosphere also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The atmosphere in old Trafford has been ****e for a long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    The atmosphere in old Trafford has been ****e for a long time now.

Last night was especially awful. I've been to 7 games this season and although most of them wasn't electric it wasn't shíte though.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Muamba twitter troll given a jail sentence over comments...

I wonder if any of those Red Issue clowns will face any repercussions after their recent twitter behaviour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RVD420 wrote: »

I wonder if any of those Red Issue clowns will face any repercussions after their recent twitter behaviour...

doubtfull - I don't think they said anyting racist. Stuff people disagree with, yeah, but I don't think they were racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Trilla wrote: »
    Last night was especially awful. I've been to 7 games this season and although most of them wasn't electric it wasn't shíte though.

Wasn't great last night. Probably the worst atmosphere of any game I've been at in old trafford. Wasn't helped by how shocking united played. A lot of fans reluctant to stand and sing of do anything besides sit down and clap.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Wasn't great last night. Probably the worst atmosphere of any game I've been at in old trafford. Wasn't helped by how shocking united played. A lot of fans reluctant to stand and sing of do anything besides sit down and clap.

haha that wasn't the women in the two seats to the left and behind were you were sitting by any chance?

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

haha that wasn't the women in the two seats to the left and behind were you were sitting by any chance?

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap :)

The most unique clap in the world!

• Advertisement

speaking of atmosphere, for those of you who are into the songs, theres a new chris smalling one, which i cant stop singing. this will become the biggest song over the next few weeks i expect.

(to the tune of follow, follow,follow)

smalling, smalling, smalling
    he is smalling, of M.U.F.C.
    oh he's big and he's black,
    and he plays at the back

its addictive on this fine day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Haha it was yeah! The offered us some fruit pastilles though so it wasn't all bad :)

smalling, smalling, smalling
    oh he's big and he's black,
    and he plays at the back

ugh, not a fan tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

ugh, not a fan tbh.

Same as that. The acid test will be when drunk

ugh, not a fan tbh.
    Same as that. The acid test will be when drunk

:D

give it time...its only today that it grew on me :) though i find the reference to him being black a being strange, as well, he isnt really black is he!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

give it time...its only today that it grew on me :) though i find the reference to him being black a being strange, as well, he isnt really black is he!

No he is a negrito!!!

give it time...its only today that it grew on me :)

Being at the games definitely helps for this.

Must get over to at least 1 before the season ends. Stoopid masters work
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

RVD420 wrote: »

The Twitter or the Fanzine cover?

If it is the fanzine cover; they said nothing illegal. In fact it can be argued that they said nothing wrong at all.

There is an argument that the cover was a statement on the culture of grief addiction that exists, especially in England. People started to lose the run of themselves a bit to be fair.

Why was his situation more important that countless others we read about and hear about every day? The reason is because his occurred on live television. Irishman Clive Clarke's heart attack occured in a Championship team's dressing room away from the glare of the media. No outpouring there. Khalid Fadiga's on a training ground for the same team and again no outpouring.

People are so attuned to what television tells them that they are compelled to express these feelings in a most public way as possible because it occurred on television.

Whether it was for Redzone to take the mantle of commenting on such a social phenomonen is debatable. They are a niche football periodical and as such perhaps it was outside their remit to question the motivations of other footballing fraternities. The point is salient and does stand the outpouring of grief was mawkish and crass and not untypical of England.

Having said all that it was not Redzone's place and I think it was not done in a social spirit but in a tribalistic and thus mean spirit.

I have a theory that grief in England is handled thus because of the massive post-colonial hangover. Thousands upon thousands of Englishmen and women died away from thier homes and families in far flung countries in the name of exploration, exploitation and expidition. Most of them never were repatriated and as a consequence the families never had a chance to find closure. As a result their grief was often an abstract esoteric affiar where a loved one who mere memory may have been dimmed by the passage of time had to be remembered. Thus I think the British innoculation was to publicly display grief as a totem whereby people could come to remember the person and expressions of what the person meant to the family were broadcast so many could hear of thier sacrifice for the empire. I beleive this continues today and it's why you see these grief merchants clamp on to any passing.

evans completed 87 out of 88 passes last night. some going!

• Advertisement

Farcical taking Rooney off.

in what way? rooney played perhaps his worst game of the season last night, welbeck too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

The Twitter or the Fanzine cover?

If it is the fanzine cover; they said nothing illegal. In fact it can be argued that they said nothing wrong at all.

There is an argument that the cover was a statement on the culture of grief addiction that exists, especially in England. People started to lose the run of themselves a bit to be fair.

Why was his situation more important that countless others we read about and hear about every day? The reason is because his occurred on live television. Irishman Clive Clarke's heart attack occured in a Championship team's dressing room away from the glare of the media. No outpouring there. Khalid Fadiga's on a training ground for the same team and again no outpouring.

People are so attuned to what television tells them that they are compelled to express these feelings in a most public way as possible because it occurred on television.

Whether it was for Redzone to take the mantle of commenting on such a social phenomonen is debatable. They are a niche football periodical and as such perhaps it was outside their remit to question the motivations of other footballing fraternities. The point is salient and does stand the outpouring of grief was mawkish and crass and not untypical of England.

Having said all that it was not Redzone's place and I think it was not done in a social spirit but in a tribalistic and thus mean spirit.

I have a theory that grief in England is handled thus because of the massive post-colonial hangover. Thousands upon thousands of Englishmen and women died away from thier homes and families in far flung countries in the name of exploration, exploitation and expidition. Most of them never were repatriated and as a consequence the families never had a chance to find closure. As a result their grief was often an abstract esoteric affiar where a loved one who mere memory may have been dimmed by the passage of time had to be remembered. Thus I think the British innoculation was to publicly display grief as a totem whereby people could come to remember the person and expressions of what the person meant to the family were broadcast so many could hear of thier sacrifice for the empire. I beleive this continues today and it's why you see these grief merchants clamp on to any passing.

I can never decide whether you're on a wind-up or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

@OptaJoe: 7 - Manchester United have kept a clean sheet in their last seven league matches on a Monday. Happy” 

Another one next week would be great .

s.welstead wrote: »

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

what are you on about, he's spot on.

Ah Apologies to Willmunny. Hair trigger reply.

• Advertisement

Spot on about what? He is undecided.

Basically you are telling me he is spot on about being undecided because you lack the intelligence to understand what I am on about.

Was he not saying YOU were spot on?

Was he not saying YOU were spot on?

yep I'm pretty sure I think he was :D

yep I'm pretty sure I think he was :D

Christ. Arguments for arguments sake :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spot on about what? He is undecided.

Basically you are telling me he is spot on about being undecided because you lack the intelligence to understand what I am on about.

Why are you taking a pop at willy, he's siding with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

You should read his post again, fairly spot on tbh.

Alot better than the normal ****e he spouts.

• Advertisement

Harumph!! Some of it is solid gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

554570_10150762663097442_117612877441_11368153_58539207_n.jpg

Keno 92 wrote: »
    554570_10150762663097442_117612877441_11368153_58539207_n.jpg

he was giving out to ashley young there, not evra...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

in what way? rooney played perhaps his worst game of the season last night, welbeck too.

I think with Rooney off we had nobody up top to hold the ball up (Worst part of Hernandez's game) while Rooney didn't have his best of games last night I think he merited staying on far more than Giggs who was very wasteful in possession last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Was it not Carrick telling him to use his head ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Balance

He had brought Hernandez on as a sub, couldn't really take him off again, it was clear that an extra man was needed in midfield to try to retain possession, generally one of the forwards is sacrificed for that, and Rooney wasn't playing great anyway. It was tougher alright since Hernandez isn't good at holding up the ball, but I think the idea is that Carrick Scholes and Giggs should have been able to retain the ball well enough not to need a target man holding things up, Valencia and Young were still there to provide support out wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I thought it was Young myself, but have seen Carricks name been mentioned by a few so maybe it was him? Does anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pretty sure it was Young. The way he is looking to his left down the line is exactly where Young was in the second half as well.

How so?

Oh I agree with you in general regarding the Fanzine. It's just your posting style I find it difficult to take.
    In particular with that post I replied to the last paragraph was a bit wtf. You're in a soccer forum, very strange place for it.

It just seems that you are always trying your best to show off your intelligence. Veering off topic a lot here but you're a smart guy, fair enough but you don't need to remind everybody in every single post. 'To me' it just seems like you're trying to say look how smart I am, my opinions are much more valid.

Get back to the Liverpool thread, they have a new one in case ya missed it.

I did read it. It took me all day with my dictionary but I got there in the end. :D
    I also mentioned it the other day that I can see the point they're trying to make in the fanzine.

Anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looks like he is saying Ashley alright

ilFbFCzVWzPpQ.gif

ilFbFCzVWzPpQ.gif

Whats he saying after his name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just thought it was amusing was all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Oh I agree with you in general regarding the Fanzine. It's just your posting style I find it difficult to take.
    In particular with that post I replied to the last paragraph was a bit wtf. You're in a soccer forum, very strange place for it.

It just seems that you are always trying your best to show off your intelligence. Veering off topic a lot here but you're a smart guy, fair enough but you don't need to remind everybody in every single post. 'To me' it just seems like you're trying to say look how smart I am, my opinions are much more valid.

so essentially you agree with him, but you still accused him of trolling.

great logic.
    Get back to the Liverpool thread, they have a new one in case ya missed it.

Who the **** are you to tell posters where to post? Come down off that high horse lad, youre making yourself look very silly up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Gotze has extended his deal to 2016 with Dortmund. Nothing major considering there was two years left on it in the first place but its likely to jack up the price even more if we go after him in the summer :(

Who the **** are you to tell posters where to post? Come down off that high horse lad, youre making yourself look very silly up there.

Enough of the attitude, eh? It was a joke, get over it. I'm sure you've been at the expense of more than one over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

ilFbFCzVWzPpQ.gif

I was watchin on Mutv last night because i missed the match and that seemed to be straight after the peno shout i thought he was tellin Carrick to keep the head no??

markc91 wrote: »
    I was watchin on Mutv last night because i missed the match and that seemed to be straight after the peno shout i thought he was tellin Carrick to keep the head no??

"Ashley <something something somethin> passin the ball" I think

"watch where you" maybe?

How so?

Fair enough if you think that. I'll not change my style for you or anyone else. I have and always will have a fascination with history. I have a fascination especially with social history. I have an even greater interest in ow football entertained and interacts with so many aspects with social history globally. Football for me acts as a great prism through which you can view the world. From Franco using Real Madrid to further his political ends to FK Start being executed for beating a Nazi 11, football and history intertwine. I saw a case of that in Muamba Red Issue instance. I posted it here because this the United forum because that is where it mixes. I fel what I believe gives flesh to Red Issue's point. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Gaitan, who's been linked with Utd looks like a really good player. Left sided rather then central though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement