Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pleases me this does. Now to discuss new signing or back to the muppetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

He might come on tour with us, see how he fits in with the squad and may get sent out on loan after. Might as well have pre-season with us, see where he is ability wise compared to the rest of the squad and allow us to see if he needs to go out on loan. May be that he hits the ground running and Fergie thinks he can play a part in the season. Might get some Carling Cup games and not forgeting the lower leagues can loan players once the transfer window has closed so might get loaned out mid september if it doesn't look like he will get much playing time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Incredibly out of the loop this summer, how much did Kagawa set us back? And what are the rumours of how much Powell is costing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Incredibly out of the loop this summer, how much did Kagawa set us back? And what are the rumours of how much Powell is costing?

Kagawa was 12m and Powell costing around 4m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Few different figures for Kagawa, most common being €14m rising to €17m depending on trophies etc.

Powell rumoured to be €2m up front and rising to €4/5m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

But lads is he any good? Has anyone see him playing 4 or 5 full games or just clips from YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

SAF says that he has been scouted for a few months, so I'm sure they've seen enough in him to end up signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not seen much of him, but with all the rumors of the clubs that were interested, and the rave reviews from others, I'm really happy with our business so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    But lads is he any good? Has anyone see him playing 4 or 5 full games or just clips from YouTube.

To be honest it wont matter what you've seen him do even if you have seen him play the 4 or 5 games cause he is about to leap up 3 divisions to the premiership and only god knows how he will perform.

Think we just have to believe the hype and wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Patsy fyre wrote: »

The next Gerrard is what has been said about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Mmm link dead.

PAGE UNAVAILABLE

Apologies for any inconvenience we are currently under going essential maintenance. The site should be back up and running soon.

If the problem persists please contact the webmaster at enquiries@manutd.co.uk

In the mean time if you wish to purchase tickets or hospitality please ring our call centre on +44 (0) 161 868 8000

Call centre opening hours
    8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Still early days boys and 2 signings made already. Is it unrealistic of me to hope for 2 or 3 more signings? I hope not! We could do with another cm, not to mention the lb problem.

Mmm link dead.

PAGE UNAVAILABLE

Apologies for any inconvenience we are currently under going essential maintenance. The site should be back up and running soon.

If the problem persists please contact the webmaster at enquiries@manutd.co.uk

In the mean time if you wish to purchase tickets or hospitality please ring our call centre on +44 (0) 161 868 8000

Call centre opening hours
    8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday

I'm not sure if you are serious, link is working fine.

I'm not sure if you are serious, link is working fine.

That's what I got.

Edit - ok now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Absolutely delighted with that signing, seems like a fantastic prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Samich wrote: »
    The next Gerrard is what has been said about him.

Unfortunate!

7NxdI.jpg

Now all we need is one more CM.

Won't make it, don't like his clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Or his hair. If you wanna copy De Gea you need the mutton chops

• Advertisement

He is wearing Suit. That's good enough.

He's left handed is he?

FREAK!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He's left handed is he?

FREAK!

hmmm. no. His right is your left. :pac:

Or his hair. If you wanna copy De Gea you need the mutton chops

208661.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Dosnt look too impressed with the new top though :P

AvNQOgYCIAE026G.jpg

Be interesting to see what number he gets.

7NxdI.jpg
    He's left handed is he?

FREAK!

tumblr_llv7s09MNx1qcs3bmo1_500.jpg

He can have mine...Ohhhhh.....He's gay right?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    hmmm. no. His right is your left. :pac:

Shaddap, I'm not good with angles or opposites.

7 ;)

:pac:

Park might be shipped out so might get 13?

• Advertisement

Shaddap, I'm not good with angles or opposites.

Oh wait, you were right

7NxdI.jpg

:pac:

I would be surprised to see Park leave, fair enough he had a bad season but it's not like Fergie to get rid so quickly *cough*Evra*cough*. If Park can get back to putting in the epic big game type performances that we're used to seeing from him then I think it would be mad to ship him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Aparently Russian media are reporting that Nani has signed a contract with Anzhi for in around £170k / week, probably bull****.

Also think park with leave, how will Evra cope without him?!

Fenix wrote: »
    Aparently Russian media are reporting that Nani has signed a contract with Anzhi for in around £170k / week, probably bull****.
    hahahehehahaho-demotivational-poster-1253756435.jpg

Read that Joshua King played 90 mins for Norway U21 and set up winning goal, with Keane injured and Owen, Berba leaving, anyone think he will get chances next season in league cup games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Delighted about that signing . Thing I like about him he looks like a man instead of been a skinny little whippet .

I would be surprised to see Park leave, fair enough he had a bad season but it's not like Fergie to get rid so quickly *cough*Evra*cough*. If Park can get back to putting in the epic big game type performances that we're used to seeing from him then I think it would be mad to ship him out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave at all. His game relies heavily on covering as much of the pitch as possible which will become harder for him now that he's 31, his passing was never great and though he got important goals his shooting wasn't great either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, nor would I be surprised if he was still here next season but I would be surprised if he was offered a new contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Happy with the business done to this point, now just one more actual central midfielder would be nice, don't see it happening now for some reason.

I don't want another 3-4 more signings for sure, you can't have that much of an influx of new players in a team in my opinion anyway, need time to blend then. Powell for the future obviously, so a central midfielder now who will improve the first team and Kag would be great business, the only area needs strengthening then is someone to push Evra for his place, not necessarily someone to come in and be our first choice left back though so doesnt need to be high profile or cost too much.

I would be annoyed, if I'm honest, if Park is offered a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Eathrin wrote: »
    I would be annoyed, if I'm honest, if Park is offered a new contract.

AFAIK he signed a new one early last season or during the season before last so should still presumably have a year left? Depends on when it was signed I guess

Edit: They confirmed he signed a new deal 12th August 2011 which takes him through to 2013 at the earliest, think there is an option to extend if they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

kryogen wrote: »
    AFAIK he signed a new one early last season or during the season before last so should still presumably have a year left? Depends on when it was signed I guess

Edit: They confirmed he signed a new deal 12th August 2011 which takes him through to 2013 at the earliest, think there is an option to extend if they wish

I thought we had a policy of only offering 1 year contracts to players over 30?

Think I remember hearing that when we sold JO'S and Wes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Delighted Powell is on board. SAF has picked good young players from the domestic game recently and the signs are this could be another one.

In hindsight now, who would you guys have preffered to get last summer, Young or Oxlade-Chamberlain?

In hindsight now, who would you guys have preffered to get last summer, Young or Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Young probably? Not sure. Young has delivered in his first season imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Samich wrote: »
    Young probably? Not sure. Young has delivered in his first season imo.

Young has been too inconsistant for me. The Ox shows lots of potential but he's better suited to Arsenal than us.

• Advertisement

Young has been too inconsistant for me. The Ox shows lots of potential but he's better suited to Arsenal than us.

Been important though all the same. Scored against Arsenal, Spurs and won the penalty v QPR and scored v Blackburn too aswell as Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

That much money for AOC would be a big gamble, where as Young was proven to be a top Premier League player for a number of years. Using the Stewart Downing comparison, we can safely say that it was a good deal.

Owen_S wrote: »
    That much money for AOC would be a big gamble, where as Young was proven to be a top Premier League player for a number of years. Using the Stewart Downing comparison, we can safely say that it was a good deal.

That would have been how I saw it at the time, but Ox has been fantastic for such a young player for Arsenal. That amount of money for himself playing in the lower leagues definitely was quite a gamble though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I am shocked when United actually sell players. I cant see anyone wanting to buy Park. Sure Berbarov is still a United player.
    The only way is down for these players and i suppose its hard for them to try not to sink down too far when they leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

GSPfan wrote: »
    I am shocked when United actually sell players. I cant see anyone wanting to buy Park. Sure Berbarov is still a United player.
    The only way is down for these players and i suppose its hard for them to try not to sink down too far when they leave.
    It's possible that a club would buy Park for the commercial benefits, in terms of ability I can't see too many takers when you consider his age and wages.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement