Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

s.welstead wrote: »
    Danny was pretty good tonight. I don't remember him giving away the ball easily. He had pretty poor service but did well and stuck to the task. Him and Rooney should tear Ukraine apart.

Ukraine wont be easy game for England with their home advantage.

Has makings of draw and England scrape through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Danny was pretty good tonight. I don't remember him giving away the ball easily. He had pretty poor service but did well and stuck to the task. Him and Rooney should tear Ukraine apart.

Not sure why but reading that back I either sound like a robot or well a bit dim. I'm not by the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You'd love one of my friends in college. He's 100% convinced that Grant Holt should be in the squad ahead of Welbeck.

I've been trying to contact him tonight. Mysteriously he has gone very quiet tonight. I'll keep onto him though just to wind him up :D.

Outrageously good goal from him.

Some of my football-liking friends thought this too... I don't get it.

Having said that I would have taken Holt too, but Welbeck was my first choice player with/without Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

G.K. wrote: »

Having said that I would have taken Holt too, but Welbeck was my first choice player with/withour Rooney.

I'd have taken Holt, not in place of Welbeck but Holt would certainly have been in my squad

I would not be opposed to that.

Like our 'home' advantage counted for much against Spain! ;) Home advantage doesn't really count for too much in a tournament. The opposition are used to the new country, don't need to travel and there's a lot more neutral fans etc.
    Rooney will be full of energy and if England can keep the ball they'll win comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

G.K. wrote: »

Having said that I would have taken Holt too, but Welbeck was my first choice player with/without Rooney.

They see the goals and think that's all that matters.

Having said all that he is completely against United players so it's probably best to ignore him. Carrick is shíte. Rooney is over-rated. The only United player who he rates is Scholes.

Hopefully Rooney will be in his needing a few games to get going phase

Like our 'home' advantage counted for much against Spain! ;) Home advantage doesn't really count for too much in a tournament. The opposition are used to the new country, don't need to travel and there's a lot more neutral fans etc.
    Rooney will be full of energy and if England can keep the ball they'll win comfortably.

Sweden, England and Holland got to semi finals from 1992-2000 from being hosts, Portugal got to final in 04.(their best finishes since then)

Even Austria did reasonably well in 2008 even if they only got 1 point.

Just look at South Korea in 2002 WC.

England are better team on paper, but I just think the Ref wont be giving England any 50/50 or even 70/30 decision in England's favour with Ukraine fans the way they can be.

Depends on which Ukraine turns up I think, the Ukraine that got about Sweden, made them uncomfortable, had a huge fan support behind them etc and they could get something.

Ukraine that played France England should nick it

• Advertisement

and lets face it

Its England............not exactly team with killer instinct in major finals.

Sweden, England and Holland got to semi finals from 1992-2000 from being hosts, Portugal got to final in 04.(their best finishes since then)

Even Austria did reasonably well in 2008 even if they only got 1 point.

Just look at South Korea in 2002 WC.

England are better team on paper, but I just think the Ref wont be giving England any 50/50 or even 70/30 decision in England's favour with Ukraine fans the way they can be.

All those teams you've mentioned were pretty good teams in their own right. Far better than Ukraine. Only really South Korea is the anomaly there.
    Austria getting 1 point was good?

I'm not really arguing tbh I just don't think it comes into play as much as say a European club tie but I agree it has a small effect. Just not enough to worry England if they turn up.
    The ref won't be that biased. If he was he'd screw his own career up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Wouldn't mind Martin Olsson at United after tonights performance. Could be good cover for Evra if Fabio does go out on loan, and could probably be got for cheap enough. Being able to cover at left midfield would be a bonus aswell

titan18 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind Martin Olsson at United after tonights performance. Could be good cover for Evra if Fabio does go out on loan, and could probably be got for cheap enough. Being able to cover at left midfield would be a bonus aswell

Holy sh*t are you serious? The lad has a bit of pace but really?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement