Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I can't believe that Sunderland actually had a (very slight) chance of getting Valencia when Bruce left Wigan to come to us. He'd have only been with us for about a season but what a player he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Valencia being interviewed, never seen that before. "50-50" on whether it was a cross or shot. Looked a definite shot to me the way his body followed through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I WANT YOUR BABIES VALENCIA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

n32 wrote: »
    i m posting from the away end in blackburn, its fúcking mental here!!!! Valencia is a hero!

Any chance of making a little video?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

He play's on the right, he plays on the riiiiggghhhhhttttt...
    Tony Valencia plays on the right.

Get in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looks like Rafael has made the Rb spot his own now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Great result. Was squeaky bum time for a long time.

I thought Jones was very average and Young should of started out left and Rooney up front. Jones doesn't have that little bit of magic that can change a game. Young does.

Valencia is a beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Delighted about Young, had him in my fantasy football team and was sickened when I saw he wasnt starting. Then he comes on and does that! Valencia was boss, and De Gea continues to prove the nay sayers wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

If United and City match results/points over next four games, we will win the title by winning at the Etihad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

OnJNO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

18 points ahead of 3rd place is insane.

Bookmark this post. You'll possibly never see Valencia smiling again.

ibftFObSo5Betk.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Slight deviation from the joy, on Jones he is having a tough time of it lately. Rafael has outplayed him at right back. He has never looked comfortable in centre mid. 4th (?) choice centre back. Vidic to return to centre back slots in the summer.

What role is he destined to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Destined to play centre back, in a few years! he is so young its unbelievable the amount of first team football he already has under his belt, for united I mean, the injuries this year have ensured that.

He has so far to go in his development and thats scary considering how good he is already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Defender I'd say, he was only 20 in Feb, hes still got lots of time, started brilliantly, just seems to be a bit uneasy now, and panics a bit. I wouldn't start to worry yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

I still think Jones will ultimately be a centre back for us. He's had a few injuries this season and has lost form but all the signs are still there that he will be a mammoth player for us.

Anyway, liked this this little stat lifted from Twitter :

Antonio Valencia now joint top on goal assists this season with David Silva despite starting 11 games less than the Spaniard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

If United and City match results/points over next four games, we will win the title by winning at the Etihad.

I want it won before for a guard of honour!

Sick away form from us this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Slight deviation from the joy, on Jones he is having a tough time of it lately. Rafael has outplayed him at right back. He has never looked comfortable in centre mid. 4th (?) choice centre back. Vidic to return to centre back slots in the summer.

What role is he destined to play?

I don't think he even dreamed about playing as many first team games for United this season as he has already. The season has probably starting to take its toll on him.In my opinion he has been moved around into 2 many positions. I prefer Rafael and Smalling ahead of him at RB, I don't like him in midfield.

A world class CB is his future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

adox wrote: »
    Antonio Valencia now joint top on goal assists this season with David Silva despite starting 11 games less than the Spaniard.

If that stat was other way around I can only imagine the amount of attention Silva would receive.

I had my doubts about how good Valencia was when we signed him, but he been an absolute gem for us for past 2 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Emanuel eboue on twitter,

Sorry Mr mancini, looks like sir fergie has done it again, just clear your desk now so the arabs can bring in mourinho. SIMPLES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sorry Mr mancini, looks like sir fergie has done it again, just clear your desk now so the arabs can bring in mourinho. SIMPLES

He's the ultimate wum on Twitter. Drives the feynoord fans through the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

24ysm00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Stats post.

38 uninterrupted passes for the young goal.

New season record tonight. :cool:

As great as it is I don't think it's him on it. I'd be wary of accounts that aren't verified.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    He's the ultimate wum on Twitter. Drives the feynoord fans through the roof.

Fenerbache?

Stats post.

38 uninterrupted passes for the young goal.

New season record tonight. :cool:

I want the GIF, NOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't think a 2nd rate footballer who has won **** all is in any position to judge Mancini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Valencia is just unstoppable. The defenders know what he is going to do but he still gets in his crosses unbelievable. Really hope Rafael keeps his place he was fantastic again tonight and him and Valencia have a great understanding. On Evans just brilliant again deserves to be in the team of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lordgoat wrote: »

Get in.

lol

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't think a 2nd rate footballer who has won **** all is in any position to judge Mancini.

But a nobody like yourself shouldn't even be in the position to question a '2nd rate footballer'. Works both ways tbf. He's entitled to his opinion just like you or I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Has Blatter stopped posting in the soccer forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Well Mancini, that's the best 2-0 draw I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fenerbache?

Whoops, yes that's who I meant. Or in Eboue's words, Fenerwho!

But a nobody like yourself shouldn't even be in the position to question a '2nd rate footballer'. Works both ways tbf. He's entitled to his opinion just like you or I.

I don't think it's the same at all, he is a high profile footballer who should have a bit of respect for his fellow players and managers, it makes him look like a bit of a dick tbh.

I don't think it's the same at all, he is a high profile footballer who should have a bit of respect for his fellow players and managers, it makes him look like a bit of a dick tbh.

Oh noes, someone publicially sharing his opinion and be critically in public. Frankly to me it's a breath of fresh air that someone will speak his mind and not give the usual robotic quotes

That's your opinion. Pretty sure Eboue doesn't give two ****s what you think of him. Who knows maybe Mancini doesn't give two ****s what a 'high profile' "2nd rate footballer" thinks of him.

Pot, kettle, black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Get in.

F*cking love it!

Oh noes, someone publicially sharing his opinion and be critically in public. Frankly to me it's a breath of fresh air that someone will speak his mind and not give the usual robotic quotes

That's your opinion. Pretty sure Eboue doesn't give two ****s what you think of him. Who knows maybe Mancini doesn't give two ****s what a 'high profile' "2nd rate footballer" thinks of him.

I have nothing wrong with players giving their opinions and been critical, but he is just been a dick for the sake of it.

I have nothing wrong with players giving their opinions and been critical, but he is just been a dick for the sake of it.

I'd disagree.

Let's ask Valenica.

ibftFObSo5Betk.gif

There you have it, he reckons it's 50/50.

<3

Rooney10 wrote: »
    F*cking love it!

Not going to lie, i'll be singing it in work for the next few days.

sounds like he should/does post on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Valencias 100th appearance for United tonight. VIVA VALENCIA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

You, Niallo27, bitching about someone being a dick for the sake of it?
    Admittedly you've become one of the better posters around here at times, but it's still quite funny, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

When Eboue wins a single trophy, maybe he can become an expert on what it takes to be a winner.

Morricone wrote: »
    When Eboue wins a single trophy, maybe he can become an expert on what it takes to be a winner.

so unless you've won something you can't have an opinion.

Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

so unless you've won something you can't have an opinion.

Ridiculous.

Not what I said. Eboue is talking absolute shít. He's been in Europe since 2002 and he hasn't won a fúcking jot. So its a bit rich him saying to Mancini to clear his desk for Mourinho. Who is he to talk about clearing desks, Arsenal couldn't wait to get rid of him last summer.

Morricone wrote: »

futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Loved Valencia celebrating after the goal tonight. It's rare to see him expressing himself so much.

And Young's goal was pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I cannot wait 'til Sunday,the game can't come soon enough.

A game we should win comfortably followed by Arsenal v City.Hopefully we'll have an 8 point gap by the time they kick off.I predict Ballotelli will be sent off for punching Tevez and then headbuts Mancini before running down the tunnel.

(The last sentence may not happen but......it is Mario)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

zerks wrote: »
    I cannot wait 'til Sunday,the game can't come soon enough.

A game we should win comfortably followed by Arsenal v City.Hopefully we'll have an 8 point gap by the time they kick off.I predict Ballotelli will be sent off for punching Tevez and then headbuts Mancini before running down the tunnel.

(The last sentence may not happen but......it is Mario)

Well the funny thing is it's possible :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

thats not eboues twitter lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Sacramento wrote: »
    Fry pic

They've come to our thread.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement