Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

article-2124182-1271215B000005DC-510_634x401.jpg

article-2124182-127124A6000005DC-507_634x406.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

niallo27 wrote: »
    Emanuel eboue on twitter,

Sorry Mr mancini, looks like sir fergie has done it again, just clear your desk now so the arabs can bring in mourinho. SIMPLES

I don't think a 2nd rate footballer who has won **** all is in any position to judge Mancini.
    You've won less than eboue and are judging him?

So easy to be a hypocrite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Morricone wrote: »
    Not what I said. Eboue is talking absolute shít. He's been in Europe since 2002 and he hasn't won a fúcking jot. So its a bit rich him saying to Mancini to clear his desk for Mourinho. Who is he to talk about clearing desks, Arsenal couldn't wait to get rid of him last summer.

Calm down son. It's not even his Twitter account. It's just someone messing around.

Don't take life so seriously.

It's impossible not to like Eboue anyway, especially after his antics at the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

zerks wrote: »

I absolutely cannot wait to make a sig of this.

As for the match?
    ApgRQBrCQAE9veU.jpg#twimg

Says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

OnJNO.jpg

Who's that there below Everton? I can't quite make it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

J. Marston wrote: »

Not sure. It must be some small club way down there. Hardly the type to spend £100m on players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

zerks wrote: »

Angry%20Black%20Panther.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

adox wrote: »
    I still think Jones will ultimately be a centre back for us. He's had a few injuries this season and has lost form but all the signs are still there that he will be a mammoth player for us.

Anyway, liked this this little stat lifted from Twitter :

Antonio Valencia now joint top on goal assists this season with David Silva despite starting 11 games less than the Spaniard.

The stat still doesn't quite do him justice, since he has made a few appearances at right back, and works to help at the back a lot more than Silva.
    Valencia was relentless tonight, if only the strikers could convert more of the crosses, goal difference wouldn't be a worry

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I absolutely cannot wait to make a sig of this

Couldnt wait...

Valencia-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Couldnt wait...

Valencia-1.jpg

thats sick. wp

DB21 wrote: »
    Not sure. It must be some small club way down there. Hardly the type to spend £100m on players.

As the lowest ranked team left in the competition, i would like to wish Liverpool the best of luck in the FA cup. I do enjoy seeing a plucky underdog sticking it to the big boys every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

87gruyret8y.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Watching the goals again and it was very considerate of Young to wait until the fans had just finished singing a verse of "we shall not be moved" before scoring. Less considerate players would have disrupted the song!

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Watching the goals again and it was very considerate of Young to wait until the fans had just finished singing a verse of "we shall not be moved" before scoring. Less considerate players would have disrupted the song!

I watched the game again just there, from 81 mins on, I had goosebumps. The fans created a simply unbelievable atmosphere. Fergie was even moved by it, as the fans were signing THE CITY IS YOURS? the camera caught him indulging in a "GET THE **** IN" moment with the fans. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Sky plus mikey or located online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sky plus mikey or located online?

Time Machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

J. Marston wrote: »

Even after going 5pts clear at top and winning another championship, your still talking about liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

18 points ahead of 3rd place is insane.

33 ahead of 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Good day at the office :)

ibiyQyYVE2pnhN.gif

ibqHfK0rEyGuAF.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We need a gif including the celebrations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally got around to sorting out the player ratings for March.

Hit the link for all the information for each game and the month in general.

Man United March Ratings

Overall results sorted by total points/rating
    Name|Total|Games
    De Gea | 44.21 | 6.00 | 7.37
    Evans | 44.19 | 6.00 | 7.37
    Rooney | 41.92 | 6.00 | 6.99
    Carrick | 38.69 | 6.00 | 6.45
    Ferdinand | 33.79 | 5.00 | 6.76
    Young | 30.90 | 5.00 | 6.18
    Evra | 30.70 | 6.00 | 5.12
    Welbeck | 30.52 | 5.00 | 6.10
    Scholes | 26.58 | 4.00 | 6.65
    Hernandez | 25.61 | 4.00 | 6.40
    Rafael | 23.35 | 4.00 | 5.84
    Smalling | 22.04 | 4.00 | 5.51
    Giggs | 21.95 | 4.00 | 5.49
    Pogba | 17.72 | 3.00 | 5.91
    Valencia | 17.09 | 2.00 | 8.55
    Jones | 16.69 | 3.00 | 5.56
    Park | 11.52 | 3.00 | 3.84
    Nani | 10.81 | 2.00 | 5.41
    Cleverley | 9.88 | 2.00 | 4.94
    Fabio | 6.47 | 1.00 | 6.47
    Anderson | 5.07 | 1.00 | 5.07

Results sorted by Average Rating, for players who played in more than half of the games available (so 4 appearances out of 6 available)
    Name|Total|Games
    De Gea | 44.21 | 6.00 | 7.37
    Evans | 44.19 | 6.00 | 7.37
    Rooney | 41.92 | 6.00 | 6.99
    Ferdinand | 33.79 | 5.00 | 6.76
    Scholes | 26.58 | 4.00 | 6.65
    Carrick | 38.69 | 6.00 | 6.45
    Hernandez | 25.61 | 4.00 | 6.40
    Young | 30.90 | 5.00 | 6.18
    Welbeck | 30.52 | 5.00 | 6.10
    Rafael | 23.35 | 4.00 | 5.84
    Smalling | 22.04 | 4.00 | 5.51
    Giggs | 21.95 | 4.00 | 5.49
    Evra | 30.70 | 6.00 | 5.12

The player ratings link for the game last night against Blackburn:

Player Ratings vs Blackburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mitch, how many people vote?

Des wrote: »
    Mitch, how many people vote?

If you hit the link, there will be a tab for each game - the list people who rated, and the ratings they gave, will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I don't think it's the same at all, he is a high profile footballer who should have a bit of respect for his fellow players and managers, it makes him look like a bit of a dick tbh.
    I have nothing wrong with players giving their opinions and been critical, but he is just been a dick for the sake of it.
    Even after going 5pts clear at top and winning another championship, your still talking about liverpool.

16axz7s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The daily rags linking us with a move for McClean in the summer. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yay,just what we need.........another winger :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Ah but he's left footed :P

Massive result last night. I thought it was going to be one of those nights. Soo much possesion and needed 2 great finishes to settle the nerves.

Fair play to the away fans, non stop singing and constant belief that United would make the break through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

No talk about Scholes getting a deliberate elbow in the jaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The away fans were unbelievable last night. Next game I go to I'm going to try and get to an away match.

jameshayes wrote: »
    No talk about Scholes getting a deliberate elbow in the jaw?
    That was a bit scummy alright,Webb obviously missed it,surprise surprise.
    If he didn't think N'Zonzi did much wrong on Jones sure he probably wouldn't have done anything anyway.
    He really is a terrible referee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

cambo2008 wrote: »
    That was a bit scummy alright,Webb obviously missed it,surprise surprise.
    If he didn't think N'Zonzi did much wrong on Jones sure he probably wouldn't have done anything anyway.
    He really is a terrible referee.

He's not a terrible referee. Not at all.

SantryRed wrote: »

Thought he was poor last night

SantryRed wrote: »
    I say he is,you say he's not.
    Difference of opinion,you'll get a lot of them around here.

2 feet away under his nose Phil Jones is grabbed around the neck and thrown to the ground,Webb gives a free kick and no card.
    It wasn't exactly vicious or anything but it's a yellow all day long,you can't do that.

Just a mention for De Gea.
    For all the possession and complete domination of that game last night we could have went in at half time a goal or possibly two down.

He really has been top class after a very shaky start to his time with us.
    I had my doubts like a lot of people after his first few games but I'm absolutely delighted to have him in the team now.
    He could go on to be regarded alongside Schmeichel and Van der Sar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

There has never been a more inconsistent ref in PL then Webb.

He could do anything.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Just a mention for De Gea.
    For all the possession and complete domination of that game last night we could have went in at half time a goal or possibly two down.

He really has been top class after a very shaky start to his time with us.
    I had my doubts like a lot of people after his first few games but I'm absolutely delighted to have him in the team now.
    He could go on to be regarded alongside Schmeichel and Van der Sar.

My only worry with De Gea now is whether we will lose him to Barcelona or Real Madrid in a couple of years.

If he wants to stay at United, he could be a world class number 1 for us for 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

My only worry with De Gea now is whether we will lose him to Barcelona or Real Madrid in a couple of years.

If he wants to stay at United, he could be a world class number 1 for us for 15 years.

I'm very much sure it wont be in couple of years. Valdes and Casillas both are 30 and that is young enough for keepers. They still have few more years left in them.

I'm confident that he will be our long term number 1.

iow89dREp7ppf.gif

iboozazaEr30tl.gif

iIj6MhJKGEqWd.gif

Dave's saves.

It was a little worrying that he had to make those 3 saves in the first half when Robinson was virtually untested apart from Chicos effort that nearly snaked its way in.
    We don't get off nearly enough shots for the time we spend in the opposition third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Manchester United have won 12 away games this season

Liverpool have won 11 league games this season

Delighted for De Gea, hope he finishes the season in this form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That second save was incredible!

His save from the freekick in the 2nd half was great too, Rio doing his bit too to clear it. Anyone wanting Rio gone in the summer after last night is mad in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Compared to the 5 wins away from home last season we have improved hugely, although it must be pointed out that last season was exceptionally bad.

The only disappointment is the home form we had last year has not carried over and although we still have collected the second highest points at home in the league it’s still 9 points less than City (albeit with a game less played). The two losses especially at OT hurt. Still all things considering it’s a small amount to complain about considering the position the team is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What do ye make of this transfer rumour,Utd mking a move for James McClean in the summer,its in the The Star today,cant see it happening

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/james-mcclean-is-on-which-premier-league-giants-shopping-list-0023001-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

His save from the freekick in the 2nd half was great too, Rio doing his bit too to clear it. Anyone wanting Rio gone in the summer after last night is mad in the head.

That tackle he made late into the second half was unreal. Would love to see a gif of it. We could have easily been 1 down there and instead a few minutes later Valencia blasted home. Ahh, I love this game!!!

• Advertisement

Not just last night, he has played well for most of the season. Even Fergie said Rio was one of the reason for Evans step up.

I for one would be very disappointed to see him gone. If reports are to be believed he is ready to take pay cut, with Vidic back he will play fewer games. From the pre season Videos it is obvious to say Rio is very popular in the dressing room. Would hate to see him go.

Rios experience,decision making and reading of the game makes up for the pace he's lost.
    He can still be as good at times now as he ever was.The continuing injuries are a kick in the bollox really.Invaluable to have lads like him around when you have so many young defenders coming through.
    Selling him would be mind-bogglingly stupid.

Compared to the 5 wins away from home last season we have improved hugely, although it must be pointed out that last season was exceptionally bad.

The only disappointment is the home form we had last year has not carried over and although we still have collected the second highest points at home in the league it’s still 9 points less than City (albeit with a game less played). The two losses especially at OT hurt. Still all things considering it’s a small amount to complain about considering the position the team is in.

Yeah loss against Blackburn and draw agaisnt Newcastle was just unlucky. We were depleted when we played blackburn. Carrick and Jones as CB, Valencia as RB, Park-Rafael as CM. The game we could have won with our first choice players, not all at least few of them would have been enough.

Our away form is just brilliant. Who would have thought that after our away form last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Dave's saves.

Outstanding - I would expect any PL keeper to make the first and third saves tbh.
    But the second save was absolutely brilliant - world class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement