Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Have to remember Smalling could play a lot at right back depending on how injury free rafael becomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Samich wrote: »
    Have to remember Smalling could play a lot at right back depending on how injury free rafael becomes.

Yup. Hopefully Raf holds it down but Smalling will inevitably still play a few there even if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Bourbons > custard creams

gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Vidic has been a great player for us. However he has always had this 'the wife wants to move to the sun' question mark hanging over him. Had he been fit this season, like other seasons, I would start getting worried around this time of year that he was going to take off in the summer. But this season his injury practically locks him in to United for another year. Teams would be reluctant to hand out the money United would demand for a 30+ player returning from a cruciate injury.

I had major doubts about Ferdinand this season. To play and lead the way he has without Vidic has been remarkable. I had major doubts about Giggs and Scholes(!) contributing this season but they have. If Ferdinand can accept his reduced role in the squad next season, it could only be a good thing for when he is required and the experience he can pass on to the youngsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Keno 92 wrote: »
    My bet is still valid.

You're sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Look most of can concur that selling Vidic is stupid. We have Vidic, Smalling, Jones, Evans and Ferdinand at CB.

Ferdinand will not be able to play every game next season. Far from it.

I think we can all agree Jones is not ready to start at CB week in week out.

So Vidic, Evans and Smalling will play the majority of the games at CB.

Sell Vidic and we have Evans and Smalling at CB. Could be a disaster.

Then we have the regular Manchester United defender herpes. At least one will contract it next season like every other season.

Therefore we keep Vidic. Thank you.

Ferdinand has started 10 out of the last 11 games and has already played more times this season than he did last. It's highly presumptuous of you to say he wouldn't play the majority of our games next season if he was still here. He might. I'd be forecasting him to be able to play 60-70% of games at best anyway, Vidic maybe 80-90% of games. That wouldn't leave a lot of game time for our 3 young promising centre backs if that were to happen, would it?

And iirc SAF said he won't be rotating as much next season because of what happened in the CL this season.

Edit: And those saying Jones isn't ready for first team football at centre back are only basing their opinion on his last 5 or 6 games there, which is ridiculous. I could easily turn around and say he is ready based on his first 5 or 6 games there for us, and his games for Blackburn. But nobody is saying he should be a regular there for us next season anyway, he's 3rd/4th choice standard at the very least.
    Samich wrote: »

We are heavily linked with that fullback Clyne, so neither Smalling nor Jones will most likely not be needed even nearly as much at right back next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ignore the haters Val. Its bourbons AINEC
    Oreos > Everything else

You really need to sit back and take a long hard look at yourself my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Oreos > Everything else

Toffee Pops > Everything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I gained a **** load of weight on these bad boys

crunchgolden.png

Nicest biscuits ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Fox's classic.

Sin e....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours & Biscuits Thread 11/12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Chocolate kimberley or cadbury mini rolls sh*its all over those mentioned above.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

We have been linked with Porto winger James Rodriguez, who has also stated his interest in joining, naturally.

And the team beat Everton to reach the final of the Dallas Cup yesterday, Lingaard got the only goal of the game and now United will play Brazilian side Coritiba in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Jaffa cakes win tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Marks and Spencer soft cookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Caramel chocolate digestives please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm a man of simple pleasures,a packet of these and a giant mug of tay.........and a spoon to fish them out when you leave them in too long :)
    220px-Nice_biscuit.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    We have been linked with Porto winger James Rodriguez, who has also stated his interest in joining, naturally.

And the team beat Everton to reach the final of the Dallas Cup yesterday, Lingaard got the only goal of the game and now United will play Brazilian side Coritiba in the final.

Ill attempt to post football related stuff again so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Fan of these I am
    1bc7d9f1.jpg

• Advertisement

Ill attempt to post football related stuff again so :)
    Meh,unless he's covered in chocolate or can be dipped in tea,we don't want to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fan of these I am
    1bc7d9f1.jpg

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Jaffa cakes win tbh.
    Easily, especially those lidl ones..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Was it not 2-0?

Also u17's just lost to ajax in the ageon future cup. Unlucky to do so, ajax got one fast break and punished them.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fan of these I am
    1bc7d9f1.jpg

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg
    LOL :D
    I hope you're buying a couple of Yorkies,a bottle of old spice and a packet of bic razors along with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Chocolate hobnobs are the best imo. Could eat them all day.

hobnobs.jpg

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Was it not 2-0?

Also u17's just lost to ajax in the ageon future cup. Unlucky to do so, ajax got one fast break and punished them.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Reserves-News/2012/Apr/everton-v-manchester-united-dallas-cup-semi-final-report.aspx

yup 2

Jaffa cakes win tbh.

You see now you're bringing in the "is it a cake or a biscuit" argument. We do not have the time nor the resources to tackle such an question.

Jaffa cakes win tbh.

You see now you're bringing in the "is it a cake or a biscuit" argument. We do not have the time nor the resources to tackle such an question.
    Biscuits go soft when stale and cakes go hard when stale...

Think their a biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Think their a biscuit.

That contradicts your own logic. Jaffa cakes go hard when stale thus they're a cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jaffa cakes win tbh.

Think their a biscuit.

Jaffa Cakes are a hybrid. Lets just call them a biscake.

I've recently discovered these and they are currently top of my biscuit list

cadbury%20crunchie%20biscuits%20L.jpg

The local shop has em on special offer - only 1Eur for a pack :)

• Advertisement

Thankfully other people do though. There was a court case a few years ago between McVities and HM Customs and Excise who were trying to tax them as a luxury item, cakes are `food' and zero rated, while biscuits are `luxury items', and attract 17.5% tax.

The matter was settled with this test: a cake starts off soft and goes hard when it is stale, but a biscuit starts off hard and goes soft when stale. Jaffa Cakes harden when stale and as a result McVities won the case.

Blatter wrote: »
    Ferdinand has started 10 out of the last 11 games and has already played more times this season than he did last. It's highly presumptuous of you to say he wouldn't play the majority of our games next season if he was still here. He might. I'd be forecasting him to be able to play 60-70% of games at best anyway, Vidic maybe 80-90% of games. That wouldn't leave a lot of game time for our 3 young promising centre backs if that were to happen, would it?

And iirc SAF said he won't be rotating as much next season because of what happened in the CL this season.

I think it would be highly optimistic of you to say Ferdinand will play 23 - 27 league games next season. While I would like to see it happening for De Gea as he has greatly taken advantage of a consistent back line, I just can't see it happening.

Im now hungry

Thankfully other people do though. There was a court case a few years ago between McVities and HM Customs and Excise who were trying to tax them as a luxury item, cakes are `food' and zero rated, while biscuits are `luxury items', and attract 17.5% tax.

The matter was settled with this test: a cake starts off soft and goes hard when it is stale, but a biscuit starts off hard and goes soft when stale. Jaffa Cakes harden when stale and as a result McVities won the case.

So let it be written, so let it be done. *Bows to Jimmy*

TheTownie wrote: »

Think their a biscuit.

That contradicts your own logic. Jaffa cakes go hard when stale thus they're a cake.
    I've never let them go stale :P

Not having any games on a Saturday is having an effect on this thread.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Not having any games on a Saturday is having an effect on this thread.

thats just the way the cookie crumbles im afraid

What type of cookie? Maryland?

tumblr_ll2xnx1H7x1qhkrxo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jesus, that post just takes the biscuit....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Everyone can kindly fúck off...

maryland-cookies.jpg

alproctor wrote: »
    Jesus, that post just takes the biscuit....

thats rich (tea) coming from you. at yeast im trying.

wow those are 2 terrible puns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

V4yOV.jpg

These bad boys deserve a mention too.

viscount-biscuits.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

V4yOV.jpg

My fingers are a lot more fabulous than yours!

Fabulous-Fingers-1.jpg

These bad boys deserve a mention too.

Mint and chocolate is a complete no-no

I was once blind like you Paul, but now I see.

I beg to differ...

aero_mint_wr.jpg

I was once blind like you Paul, but now I see.

Its not the sight thats your problem its obviously your tastebuds...

If United players were biscuits what would they be?

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    I beg to differ...

aero mint

rank

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement