Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mint and chocolate is a complete no-no
    Eh,have you never heard of the choc pop?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Eh,have you never heard of the choc pop?? :confused:

disgusting, same for mint feasts, after eights and all that mint ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Since were discussing biscuits whats yere setup for watching a man utd game at home, mine has to be tea toasted sandwich and choclate fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

rank

You're palate clearly isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate the finer flavour combinations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

disgusting, same for mint feasts, after eights and all that mint ****e

1063733_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

If United players were biscuits what would they be?

Michael Carrick would be Rich Tea, looks nice and solid and secure, but crumbles under pressure...

Since were discussing biscuits whats yere setup for watching a man utd game at home, mine has to be tea toasted sandwich and choclate fingers.

Chilli Heatwave Doritos and beer to wash them down!

Michael Carrick would be Rich Tea, looks nice and solid and secure, but crumbles under pressure...

rich teas dont crumble, that'd be a digestive imo

Rooney would have to be a plain digestive - loved by the grannies...

Mint and chocolate is a complete no-no
    24Js2EAt_original.jpg

• Advertisement

Lets get the obvious one out of the way.

GingerScholes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I agree that the mint + chocolate combo isn't the best. Chocolate + orange however :cool:

I agree that the mint + chocolate combo isn't the best. Chocolate + orange however :cool:

This

Paddy Evra

lu-biscuits-petit-ecolier-milk-chocolate-5-29oz1.jpg

Because they're french ok, no other reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl6if4iZxKxua9P7MVtI_pOIkUNtrkORa_P_XNkcICrD-4gjYZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I think it would be highly optimistic of you to say Ferdinand will play 23 - 27 league games next season. While I would like to see it happening for De Gea as he has greatly taken advantage of a consistent back line, I just can't see it happening.

Doesnt necessarily have to be league games though, not that many in any case, there will be other competitions too for him to play, same as everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Everyone can kindly fúck off...

maryland-cookies.jpg

Purple or get out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Laughing more at this thread today that YLYL - not sure if that means i win or lose

as soon as a mod sticks his head in here, methinks we'll all be banned.... :p

kryogen wrote: »
    Doesnt necessarily have to be league games though, not that many in any case, there will be other competitions too for him to play, same as everyone else.

No but if we have a fit Rio he should be left to play in the League and Europe only. Look at his record for playing in cup games. This season he has played what? 1 FA Cup game? I expect to see the same next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wes Brown would be a Terry's chocolate orange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

The banter in here is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I know he's gone, but Darren Gibson would be the pink one at the bottom of a tin of Roses that nobody likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Simple answer! They'd all be these surely!

784A28EB.jpg?t=1333811493

Torres would be a pink wafer :pac:

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Torres would be a pink wafer :pac:

Nope he would be a

Ms-Biscuit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Jesus I can only imagine the damage Anderson would do to the biscuits/cakes/chocolates discussed in this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I would like to apologise for starting this conversation.

Anyway can see us winning by quite a few tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We should be talking about Easter Eggs if anything.

• Advertisement

We should be talking about Easter Eggs if anything.

or liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

or liverpool

No we're not allowed to have any banter at Liverpool's constant failure because we're obsessed or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Bring back O' Shea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Thread is painful to read. Pages and pages of biscuit pictures.
    Thought id stumbled into after hours.

So match tomorrow? I reckon we might struggle and end up with a draw. I think Arsenal might do us a favour though, City look defeated at moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

s.welstead wrote: »

So match tomorrow? I reckon we might struggle and end up with a draw. I think Arsenal might do us a favour though, City look defeated at moment.

Why do you think we might struggle?

QPR have 2 points out of their last 9 away games. They've got a couple of good results at home lately but they're still gash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Do you reckon Fergie will rest Scholes tomorrow and keep him fresh for Wednesday?

• Advertisement

I do. And probably along with Ferdinand.

Wigan away on Wednesday will be a much tougher game, and he won't play Scholes in both.

Blatter wrote: »

Why do you think we might struggle?

QPR have 2 points out of their last 9 away games. They've got a couple of good results at home lately but they're still gash.

Just a feeling I get. They played well against Arsenal and seemed to click a little compared to recent weeks.
    Utd controlled things pretty well against Blackburn but lacked some invention in the final 3rd. I don't think you can keep relying on power and pace to break teams down. Cleverly should play in alongside Scholes and Carrick.

I think we will get a narrow win tomorrow.
    Probably get the job done and no more,I actually prefer when we play away now,some of the home performances have been fairly painful viewing lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just a feeling I get. They played well against Arsenal and seemed to click a little compared to recent weeks.
    Utd controlled things pretty well against Blackburn but lacked some invention in the final 3rd. I don't think you can keep relying on power and pace to break teams down. Cleverly should play in alongside Scholes and Carrick.
    You think we should play 451 at home against QPR?

We should be creating chances much easier against the likes of QPR at OT. Blackburn away was always going to be a tough fixture, I wouldn't compare the two.

I don't see the need to go three in the middle tomorrow, QPR would love that. Carrick plus one of Scholes, Giggs or Cleverley with Rooney and Welbeck up front. Tony V and Young out on the wings.

We should win comfortably as long as they apply themselves correctly and not mess around like we did against Fulham.

• Advertisement

You think we should play 451 at home against QPR?

No Id play Welbeck and Valencia as wide forwards with Rooney up top.

We should win comfortably as long as they apply themselves correctly and not mess around like we did against Fulham.

See i think that could be the case. Pressure is off somewhat and they might just take their foot off the gas.

Hopefully Im wrong and we can work off the rest of that goal difference with a comfie home win.

IMO any complacency will be drilled out of the players by SAF, I think Fulham a couple of weeks ago was a wake up call as to what can happen.

Hopefully we can get an early goal because that usually makes all the difference.

IMO any complacency will be drilled out of the players by SAF, I think Fulham a couple of weeks ago was a wake up call as to what can happen.

Hopefully we can get an early goal because that usually makes all the difference.

Just like our lack of complacency in Europe. :-)

I actually don't like us scoring too early. we tend to sit back on an early lead and it causes problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i think tomorrow will be ok as long as Fergie doesnt get a bit crazy with team selection, get the job done then rest players if needed.

Rio can be rested alright as long as Smalling is fit, then I want Scholes and Carrick in the middle, Valencia and Young/Nani. Rooney and Welbeck.

If the game is comfortable at the hour mark get Scholes off to give him a break, playing early Sunday and late Wednesday honestly shouldnt be that much of a reach for him especially if he is given a bit of time off at the end of the game.

It isnt the time to take chances with teams, it is the time to be ruthless, get the goals in the back of the net and then think about resting players. We are not in any other competitions this season so the squad in general should be a lot fresher then usual at this time of the season.

It isnt the time to take chances with teams, it is the time to be ruthless, get the goals in the back of the net and then think about resting players. We are not in any other competitions this season so the squad in general should be a lot fresher then usual at this time of the season.

this.

In a way the injuries to a lot of our midfielders should help us now. Its not like either of Young, Nani or Val have played the full season so we can leave players in and not have to rotate. We have to trust that Fergie knows what he is doing whoever he selects though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I agree with you - but Fergie said on Friday that with 3 games in a week, we are going to have to use our squad - so you can be CERTAIN that there are going to be some infuriating selections over the next 3 games. Hopefully it doesn't cost us.

In a way the injuries to a lot of our midfielders should help us now. Its not like either of Young, Nani or Val have played the full season so we can leave players in and not have to rotate. We have to trust that Fergie knows what he is doing whoever he selects though

Think your spot on with this.

Most of players have been out injured for some point since January and with no other competitions to worry about, there really is no excuses from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Anyone know if Wednesdays Wigan game is on TV ,
    Sky have a live football special listed by no details ...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement