Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

markc1184 wrote: »
    My first United match was in November '94 for my 10th birthday. It was a 5-0 win against City with Kanchelskis scoring a hat trick. Still the only Manchester derby I've been to!!
    G.K. wrote: »
    Solid 2 months old then. :pac:

Ha, I was 7 months old.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Born in 1994?

I had a mental image of you being more like...

1320938060-motty.jpg
    (actually not even sure if you're old enough to know who Motty is! You defo never played a FIFA game with him as commentator.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nervy 45 minutes coming up at Emirates.

I be more then happy to take scoreline now as it stands.

Come on RVP get one goal please!!

He looks ready to kill!!!

306620_381463158540617_184294368257498_1398478_2065198623_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

My first game at OT was against Swindon in 1993 We won 4:2 and had two goals disallowed (if i'm remembering right!) Hughes got a couple that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Ah Jesus I feel old now. First games was the League games against Aston Villa in 1911. Last game of the season. Was Ernest Mangnall last game for us before he moved to manage City. Never forgave him for that.

It was some match. End to end stuff. Credit to Villa that day, it could of gone either way.

I'm in the right background of the photo here in the stand. Quality is not the best, apologies.

ManUnited1905-1906.jpg

Wayne Rooney front row, second from left?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Tall lad at the back looks about 9 feet tall. :P

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

markc1184 wrote: »
    My first United match was in November '94 for my 10th birthday. It was a 5-0 win against City with Kanchelskis scoring a hat trick. Still the only Manchester derby I've been to!!
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Ha, I was 7 months old.:P

And I would have been just 14 months, still no excuse to miss a derby:P
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Born in 1994?

I had a mental image of you being more like...

1320938060-motty.jpg
    (actually not even sure if you're old enough to know who Motty is! You defo never played a FIFA game with him as commentator.)

I beg your pardon, I enjoyed my very first football game Fifa: Road to World Cup '98 very much and the unforgettable commentary too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

So when can we win the title ? If this stays the same ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Another good day for the man utd supporter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

As an Arsenal fan congrats on winning yer 20th league title.I hope ye appreciate we gave ye a helping hand today :-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Maybe it's just me but there's a striking resemblance between the manager and this guy
    Me%20Gusta.png?1318992465

waiting for mancini's interview now

waiting for mancini's interview now

tumblr_m1kootsYno1qfnp35o5_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

8 points clear, never ever ever thought we'd be 8 clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Off to get pissed after a quite delightful day :D

Still a few games away but surely thats that now.........

Ah its great to be a United fan :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm normally very cautious and usually wait until everything is mathematically ruled out but get the f**k in there,number 20 in the bag :)

• Advertisement

fair play to ramsey, he saved someones life there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Still got work to do, but....

1428_279b.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They said we need to lose 3 of our six games for City to stand a chance.

I really can't believe we're 8 ahead with 2 more of a GD. I always had faith in United, but at Xmas, when City were so far ahead, I would have laughed if you told me we'd be so clear ahead at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

5 clear with 5 to play (worst case scenario taking it city beat us)

Gary was definitely like this when Arteta scored.

the_moment_gary_neville_by_emptycraynium-d38r0c4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I just want to win the title at the Etihad now. They'll find it hard to ever use the 6-1 against us if we do that.

But we won the title in your back yard that season...LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

They said we need to lose 3 of our six games for City to stand a chance.

I really can't believe we're 8 ahead with 2 more of a GD. I always had faith in United, but at Xmas, when City were so far ahead, I would have laughed if you told me we'd be so clear ahead at this stage.

They have made a total balls of it and we have went on a great run something like 8 wins in a row and 6 clean sheets.

And i honestly mean this i cant stand City as a football club most there players ex players and alot there fans. To see them fail like this when they where so full of them selfs and taught they where the second coming for most the season is ****ing beautiful.

Id love to be in the City dressing room after that game the way things went today :pac:.

Its over at this stage if and its a big if United dont win league now it will be an even bigger **** up then Citys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Blatter wrote: »
    I just want to win the title at the Etihad now. They'll find it hard to ever use the 6-1 against us if we do that.

I dunno the guard of honour would be great too

Carlsberg don't do Premier League moments...

I dunno the guard of honour would be great too

That would be also nice, but would prefer to actually win it there though and see the players and fans go mad at the end. It'd be so sweet.

Since scholes came back from retirement we have dropped 2 points and that was from a 3-0 down situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Samich wrote: »
    8 points clear, never ever ever thought we'd be 8 clear.

This...

You would have got 10/1+ from the bookies a couple of months back imo

At it again...

Ap-X17jCAAATlSR.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Todays results:

dwightshrutecelebrating.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

523390_3747055675164_1239454721_3689141_1134791431_n.jpg

HHXbx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Great day all round,delighted for my son,bet he is pure over the moon!!!!!!

ManchesterCity0ManchesterUnited1PaulScholestimingisjustperfectwithlateclincher5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Great day

I really hope the Champ20ns thing doesn't take off it looks crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Heard the Champagne is been bottled by City, seeing as that's the only thing they're good at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We really can't afford to drop many points between now and the City game, we can afford maybe one draw between now and then and that's about it.

This interview is pure gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Although it looks more or less done and dusted, if we lose at Wigan midweek, our lead could be down to only two points by the time we play next, and thats before we play at City.

I'd put the champagne on ice for the time being. As unlikely as it is, I've seen stranger things happen in football.

Loading United's 20th Title: ██████████████████_] 95% Complete

KfoKH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

KfoKH.jpg
    Yoink!!! I'm robbing that :)

The thing that makes the title practically certain now is the fact that City don't look like winning. They're completely out on their feet and there's no fluency to their play. Norwich beating them at Carrow road on Saturday morning wouldn't at all surprise me. West Brom might even fancy taking something off them on Wednesday at the Etihad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Yoink!!! I'm robbing that :)

Same here!!
    That is funny:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The thing that makes the title practically certain now is the fact that City don't look like winning. They're completely out on their feet and there's no fluency to their play. Norwich beating them at Carrow road on Saturday morning wouldn't at all surprise me. West Brom might even fancy taking something off them on Wednesday at the Etihad.

True and with my pessimistic tone in my last post, it's also possible we could win the title next weekend. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It seems that when Yaya went to the AFCON and Silva went off the boil after xmas they started to unravel as a team and performances went to pot.
    Balo and Nasri were two massive disappointments to City i reckon

I know it was only against 10 men and game practically over, but thought Cleverly looked pretty impressive when he came on today.

If I was a neutral I be saying the league is over, but with the half glass empty type guy I am in these type of situations, it's hard to see United not winning the league.

The thing is I cant even see City win all 6 games that they have left, they just don't seem up for it anymore.

You would have got some money on us being 8 points clear at this stage after the Blackburn and Newcastle games back in January.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    It seems that when Yaya went to the AFCON and Silva went off the boil after xmas they started to unravel as a team and performances went to pot.
    Balo and Nasri were two massive disappointments to City i reckon

Teams have found out how to play against them as well. Gary Neville had it spot in a few weeks ago, teams are letting City's fullbacks have the ball now whereas before players were going out to close them down and leaving gaps in the centre which the likes of Silva, Nasri, Milner etc. exploited with ease.

Teams can't do that with us because we play with out and out wingers that make the pitch big. The only natural winger City have is Adam Johnson and he has been poor for a while now. It's the area City will look to improve on in the Summer I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement