Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Didn't see either game :( as I had a game earlier and brought kids to an Easter Parade afterwards. People in Hacketstown definitely think i'm mad!

Check phone, fist pump, check phone later, scream "Scholesy!!!" just as the pipe band finished - definitely 200 people turned to look!!!!!!

I didnt care!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I am so happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

The city is yours,
    the city is yours….
    20000 empty seats,
    are you ****ing sure!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

IvySlayer wrote: »
    So...Arsenal, go beat City there.

Fank Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Get in :)

QHdRx.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Get in :)

poznan

Auldish Lad in the middle with white hair - "Aaaaand JUMP, aaaaand JUMP, aaaaand JUMP"

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I love the people in the middle not turned around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The title can be won by next weekend really if we dont give City any encouragement.

Keep the foot on their throat and they will be more likely to choke at Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Not normally cocky ( but I am now full of wine and beer ).

Would be great to have a banner at the City game:-

"Champions - Why always us" for the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Regardless of whether we win at the Etihad or not we're still going to be celebrating the victory in front of our own right?

I'm going to go ahead and put my fears to bed now, the league is ours, but when was the last time we went a season trophyless?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Atleast this Year we can celebrate the title properly. Last few seasons have been affected by the champions league finals. I want to see an open top bus though the streets, similar to what barca and real do, and proper celebration, great for the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Atleast this Year we can celebrate the title properly. Last few seasons have been affected by the champions league finals. I want to see an open top bus though the streets, similar to what barca and real do, and proper celebration, great for the fans.

You mean like this celebration we did last year. 7 games to play and we are already talking about open top celebrations? I won't be celebrating until it is mathematically over.

GYI0064950222_crop_450x500.jpg?1306793105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Those celebrations are embarrassing, ever see the barca/real celebrations? Goes on all night fantastic event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Those celebrations are embarrassing, ever see the barca/real celebrations? Goes on all night fantastic event.

Yeah embarrassing when you drop the trophy under the bus:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

lNgmO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well if we win the league as is almost certain now, you could be doing alot of crying.
    J.Marston wrote:
    Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah...

Woah...

Woah...

League is far from over.

Still think that ? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lNgmO.jpg
    What are we supposed to be looking at here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

drinking beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

30750A97.jpg?t=1333918146

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Someone threw a bottle at Szczesny today and he pretended to drink it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Tough one deciding what to give De Gea.
    I'd regard a 7 as a good solid game.
    He didn't have enough to do for that but a 6 is too low so I just went for 7 anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Somebody looking for bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    You mean like this celebration we did last year. 7 games to play and we are already talking about open top celebrations? I won't be celebrating until it is mathematically over.

32 played, 3 lost.
    6 games to go, they need us to lose 3.

Fook maths. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Do the folks on here still believe Nani/showboating **** is still better than Valencia?

Giruilla wrote: »
    Do the folks on here still believe Nani/showboating **** is still better than Valencia?
    When on form, abso-****ing-lutely.

It's amazing how short people's memories are, when Nani gets back on form we'll all be drooling over him like we are with Valencia now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

When both are at their very best then Nani just tops Valencia, but Valencia is much more consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is that the second time in as many weeks that Carrick has hit the post?

Rasper of a shot he took. Would have been lovely if it went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nani has done a lot for United. Valencia has been a beast the last few months.

Hindsight is 20 20 and not all United fans are fickle enough to write off Nani now and be all about Valencia.

Both great players.

Showboating ****... what kind of showboats do you go to?

• Advertisement

Valencia = most underrated player in the premier league right now. The guy would get into any team in the world imo. Nanis poor qualities... selfish play, stupid pot shots, awful defensive play... Valencias are?

Valencia = most underrated player in the premier league right now. The guy would get into any team in the world imo. Nanis poor qualities... selfish play, stupid pot shots, awful defensive play... Valencias are?
    His lack of a left foot for one which severely limits him when he decides to cut inside.

You're being ridiculously harsh on Nani tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

His lack of a left foot for one which severely limits him when he decides to cut inside.

Pretty sure he's just back from a ban for trolling so wouldn't pay much heed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Got far too drunk tonight, wasn't let in. On my home sang this, and the Rooney song, people looking at me thinking what the ****. What the ****? Champions! I know its not official yet, but **** it.

Sickened the City match is between 2 of my exams. Hopefully its all tied up before those games though. So happy after today.:D

Pretty sure he's just back from a ban for trolling so wouldn't pay much heed.

You're awesome and I wish my posts could be as insightful as yours.

Take that left foot criticism of any right footed player in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Take that left foot criticism of any right footed player in the world.

Nani and Young can put in decent crosses with their weaker foot

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Nani and Young can put in decent crosses with their weaker foot

So?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That's a pretty silly post imo. People have sieves for brains. A few months ago Valencia was stink. He couldn't do anything. Nearly cost us a few games. At that stage Nani was the best player on the team. POTY up till Christmas. Then he got injured and Valencia stepped up to the plate.

Valencia would in my view be the best winger in the world without a shadow of a doubt it he was able to use his left foot. No amount of assists and tracking back can take away from the fact that if you show him onto his left foot and move him infield then he is almost useless.

Nani on the other hand is able to use both feet with an equal expertise. Show him onto his left and he'll plant one on Rooney's head no bother.

I can count on one hand how many times Valencia has passed the ball with his left foot this season. It's about 4 times.

His right foot is so devastating that it's a crying shame that he is so completely helpless when he is shown inside. I would be better at passing with my left foot than him.

At the moment he is the best winger in the league. I think though if Nani was fully fit and had a few months behind him then he'd be up there with Valencia, and possibly pipping him due to his increased goal threat.

So?

You're cracking up, you're cracking up, you're cracking, Giruillas cracking up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

So?

So your post was complete bollocks

That's a pretty silly post imo. People have sieves for brains. A few months ago Valencia was stink. He couldn't do anything. Nearly cost us a few games. At that stage Nani was the best player on the team. POTY up till Christmas. Then he got injured and Valencia stepped up to the plate.

Valencia would in my view be the best winger in the world without a shadow of a doubt it he was able to use his left foot. No amount of assists and tracking back can take away from the fact that if you show him onto his left foot and move him infield then he is almost useless.

Nani on the other hand is able to use both feet with an equal expertise. Show him onto his left and he'll plant one on Rooney's head no bother.

I can count on one hand how many times Valencia has passed the ball with his left foot this season. It's about 4 times.

His right foot is so devastating that it's a crying shame that he is so completely helpless when he is shown inside. I would be better at passing with my left foot than him.

At the moment he is the best winger in the league. I think though if Nani was fully fit and had a few months behind him then he'd be up there with Valencia, and possibly pipping him due to his increased goal threat.

Since when did a right footed player, playing on the right wing, being able to cross with his left foot become such a magical thing???

• Advertisement

You're cracking up, you're cracking up, you're cracking, Giruillas cracking up

Circle jerk.

Circle jerk.

You're not invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lol at Giruilla thinking that Nani doesn't defend.

You're not invited.

Nice to see you acknowledge the circumstance!!

Pro. F wrote: »

Quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Since when did a right footed player, playing on the right wing, being able to cross with his left foot become such a magical thing???

Because he is then able to cut in from the right and have a pop with his left. Or if he finds himself in the corner he can cut back onto his left and stick it in the box. When they attack the defender doesn't know whether they are going to go right or left. They can switch sides with the left winger (who can also use his right) if they are finding no joy on that side, à la Giggs and Ronaldo back in the day.

I could keep on listing off reasons. I have a feeling though that you'll never agree with me so I'm not going to waste my time. Just accept the fact that I am right in this situation and move on :).

awful defensive play does not equal doesn't defend. Not such a hard concept to understand really.

Because he is then able to cut in from the right and have a pop with his left. Or if he finds himself in the corner he can cut back onto his left and stick it in the box. When they attack the defender doesn't know whether they are going to go right or left. They can switch sides with the left winger (who can also use his right) if they are finding no joy on that side, à la Giggs and Ronaldo back in the day.

I could keep on listing off reasons. I have a feeling though that you'll never agree with me so I'm not going to waste my time. Just accept the fact that I am right in this situation and move on :).

Are you talking about a game of fifa or an actual football game?

If we're talking about an actual game of football, then we're top of the table.

So happy ****ing days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement